#TeamTrainwreck 8: See you at Nebelhorn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellanca

ITA, @pinky166 about Abbott. Definitely, Jeremy Abbott!

I know, I know, here it comes :lynch:, :revenge:. Oh well, Abbott is a no-brainer! I mean, c'mon! :gallopin1

ETA: Jeremy's nerves were his biggest hurdle, IMHO.

Last edited:

Bellanca

Jeremy Abbott should be eligible for this but is apparently doing a Kwan and not admitting to having retired. :shuffle: :gallopin1
Ditto Elene Gedevanishvili :shuffle: :gallopin1
They could have all used a 12 step 'in denial' about retirement program. If I had a dime for every time I've heard it said 'all options are on the table'... :yawn:

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

J

Jeschke

So, as I am one of yours and to show, that my candidates are worth a nomination, here is da bossmans HoF proposal number 1:

Annette Dytrt
- main reason:she was one of the cornerstones of and reasons for #tt
- won 3 nationals: German (5x), Czech (as Annette Dytrová 1x) and French (1x as a guest skater)
- left Germany to skate for Czech believing :gallopin1 Szewczenko was outshining everything
- Danse Macabre and Toccata and Fugue - stunning programs! So much tension, loved it!The Tarasova-programs were way better than her snooze programs to end her career.
- that lutz entry :rofl:
- Shanette Folle drama: split on night of new year's eve, folle stalking her euros practice, euros drama
- Dytrt ending up 10th at euros 2006 and still was found 'too bad' for the olympics :mitchell:
- switch to pairs to skate with Norman Jeschke ( :respec:)
- signing a contract for 'Stars on ice' to get money for her skating and due to a new ISU rule was forbidden to skate there.
- therefore split with Jeschke before first competition
- ending up 6th in the show :blah: and with a bit more weight on her hips :blocjudge
- decision to return to skate singles under Fajfr
- comeback failure at 2007/08 nationals losing to hecken (bless @alchemy void 's soul) and drescher
- still got to euros and worlds (because the other chicks were too young) and ended up 12th at worlds :respec: (being totaly happy about a program with 2 popped jumps, so :gallopin1)
- switch to Huth, career best euros 2009 finishing 7th
- 2x flips became 2x toe :gallopin1
- new short hair
- drama gp season 2009/10 in that dress, still good enough to beat gizmo though with no triple at all :gallopin1
- Olympic'10 drama: 128pts needed to be achieved, easier for Hecken on Senior-B's, than Dytrt on GP
- Hecken got the olympic spot :drama:
- switch back to Fajfr, then switch to Steuer for the 2012 season, only to retire a few weeks later due to a family tragedy.
- now skating with her boyfriend Yannick Bonheur, showing that pairs in an early stage might have been the right direction.

#teamdytrt
#dytrt4hof
#bosshasspoken

J

Jeschke

How many HOF will be allowed in? Will I have to choose between Abbott and Kozuka? That will be cruel.
I think you won't have to chose if both get nominated. Seems like it will be a poll across all the disciplines. But stay tuned.
@alchemy void will present you the details in a few days and keeps you updated.

#teamdytrt
#teambiryukova
#teammartiusheva
#teamabt
#teamcohen
#teamzhiganshinagaszi
#teammonko

(I fear, I won't get all in or nominated at all :biggrinbo)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vagabond

#teamcohen
:rolleyes: As if!

She reliably and consistently splatted once or twice per FS and still finished in the Top Four at virtually every international competition she entered. :lynch:

Bless your soul.

Let's try something more appropriate:
יְבָרֶכְךָ יהוה, וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ‎
יָאֵר יהוה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ, וִיחֻנֶּךָּ‎
יִשָּׂא יהוה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ, וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם‎​
:)

Vagabond

Abbott is a shoo-in for HOF! :kickass:

Question: Is it possible to overlook that second bronze at 4CC and put him in the Pantheon along side Sandhu, Hubert, and Gizametdinova? Hmmm.... :fan:

J

Jeschke

Abbott is a shoo-in for HOF! :kickass:

Question: Is it possible to overlook that second bronze at 4CC and put him in the Pantheon along side Sandhu, Hubert, and Gizametdinova? Hmmm.... :fan:
Who cares about medals for HOF?
#teamcohen :p

Just kidding pressman, stay calm!
(Though of course I will make an official proposal which will be denied by vice!)

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
:gallopin1 #TTW HALL OF FAME 2017 :gallopin1

1 NOMINATE YOUR HoF CANDIDATE HERE! Unlike last year, we will not make a separate HoF nomination thread, so continue to make your nominations in the :gallopin1 thread just like you all have. This is designed so that loyal readers/posters of the TTW threads are making most of the nominations, as opposed to starting a new thread and getting a lot more :blah: nominations. I will provide a running list of nominations every few days here so it is easy to keep track. Nominations will be accepted for another week, through Saturday, July 1st.

2 MAKE YOUR NOMINATIONS COUNT--ONLY 10 SKATERS WILL MAKE THE CUT After July 1st, the HoF committee :p will select the 10 most :gallop1 nominees to advance to voting. Only 10 skaters will make it to the final vote. All disciplines will be mixed together. What is the best way to get YOUR nominees to the final voting round?
  • are they #TTW HoF material? (see below)
  • prove it! youtube links, horror stories, personal connections, are all very appreciated!
  • why is this skater HoF worthy?
  • suck up to me ;)
The point of this is to HAVE FUN! Reminisce about your favorite trainwrecks here in the thread, start a conversation, talk about favorite programs, epic splats, etc. That is more likely to get your skater onto the final list rather than typing their name, then done.

3 DON'T FORGET THE HoF CRITERIA. Don't forget-- the European/World medal rules don't apply to the Hall of Fame skaters. HoF nominees must be retired from Olympic elligible competition! The bolded bullet points below are the most important (especially the 4 criteria). For example, Maria Butyrskaya won a world championship and 3 European titles but still fits all the criteria below so well, she was the first skater voted into the HoF. I feel like her resume may be the ceiling for TTW HoF, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

Qualities:
1) Being a student of Volchkova/Rukavicin
2) Big boobs/nice ass
3) Boobs/belly/nipples showing
4) Mule kick
5) Being Uzbek/Russian
6) last name called Schott
7) Bizarre off ice incidents
8) Coach
9) Costume (-Malfunction)
10) Epic Splats
11) Bizarre Choreo

Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible
3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitve on elite level anymore.

(you guys have no idea how long I've wanted to strike through those rules!) :lol: kidding, @Vagabond, kidding!

4 FINAL VOTING--3 SKATERS WILL MAKE IT INTO THE HoF. Once the 10 final HoF candidates are announced in early July, a new thread /poll will be created here in the Trash Can. Everyone will be allowed 3 votes, therefore the top 3 vote-getters will be added to the #TTW Hall of Fame. The point is to keep the HoF ELITE and to streamline the process. Last year we had at least 4 different preliminary polls, then a final vote, and it got anti-climatic and excessive. This way, it's far more competitive and I imagine will lead to plenty of :drama: during and after the nominations process.

Depending on how things go, we may only nominate 9 skaters, and leave poll option number 10 as a write-in if your skater didn't make the cut. But you have to be nice to me and say nice things about Perkova. :cheer:

The HoF committee can't wait to see all of your nominations! Everyone is encouraged to nominate their personal favorite trainwreck, regardless if you post here all the time or only lurk! HAVE FUN AND MAY THE MOST WORTHY SKATERS TAKE THIS EPIC HONOR. :p

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
:gallopin1 #TTW HALL OF FAME 2017: CURRENT NOMINATIONS :gallopin1

If you don't see your nominees here, please resubmit! I wasn't sure if some were sarcasm or not. :p

For readability sake, I'm sorting the nominees by discipline, but remember, all disciplines are mixed once we get to the voting.

DANCE
Nelli Zhiganshina & Alexander Gazsi (@Yehudi)

MEN
Christopher Bowman (@bladesofgorey)
Stanick Jeannette (@SmallFairy)
Takahiko Kozuka (@pinky166)
Jeremy Abbott (@pinky166)
Alexandr Abt (@SmallFairy)

PAIRS
Sabrina Lefrancois (@SmallFairy)
Anastasia Martiusheva (@Jeschke)

LADIES
Tanja Szewczenko (@Laney)
Anna Rechnio (@SmallFairy)
Sabina Wojtala (@SmallFairy)
Mikelline Kierkgaard (@SmallFairy)
Annette Dytrt (@Jeschke)
Sofia Biryukova (@Jeschke)
Sasha Cohen (@Jeschke)

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Are Markova or Hubert already in the HOF? Those two hookers deserve to be our leader!! I would like to vote for them, but if I can only do one it'll be Markova.

If both are ineligible, I'll regroup and get back to you.:gallopin1

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Are Markova or Hubert already in the HOF? Those two hookers deserve to be our leader!! I would like to vote for them, but if I can only do one it'll be Markova.

If both are ineligible, I'll regroup and get back to you.:gallopin1

Oh Hubert is in! And Olga needs to be! I was just putting together a nomination for Markova! Here's a sneak peak: I just found this video: 1996 Cup of Russia exhibition -- first, an amazing slutty rendition of her now-famous Go Down Moses routine, but wait, then she goes right into The Power of Love by Celine Dion and it's MAJESTIC AF! :swoon: :40beers: #TeamCeline!

Ladies
Butyrskaya, Maria
Hubert, Laetitia
Bobek, Nicole
Czisny, Alissa
Volchkova, Viktoria
Makarova, Ksenia

Men
Amodio, Florent
Sandhu, Emanuel
Verner, Tomas
Oda, Nobunari

Pairs/Dance
Mukhortova, Maria

Honorable Mention
Gimazetdinova, Anastasia

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
Kozuka campaigning here. This video should be sufficient: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgsjq0Qoryw

- gorgeous program and costume
- epic waxel splat at 2:55, directly after a beautiful step sequence
- strugglebus spin at 4:02
- Czech levels of lacking stamina & confidence
- 52 TES :slinkaway
- sad teddy bear face at the end :fragile:
- even Brit Eurosport doesn't have many encouraging things to say :(

Oh yeah and this was in the same arena where he won World silver! Oh Kozuka, you beautiful fragile bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information