Stolbova and Klimov Thread

Mad for Skating

Hey! New member of FSUniverse, major Stolbova/Klimov uber.

I think their main goal should be a clean triple twist and programs that show off their skating skills. A clean twist would do wonders. They have everything else!

I also think they could reduce their combo from 3-3-2 to 3-3 if they want higher GOE. The 2T seems to throw them off a little.

Anyway, I love these guys and can't wait to see their Olympic programs!

hanca

Values her privacy

I think their main goal should be a clean triple twist and programs that show off their skating skills. A clean twist would do wonders. They have everything else!

I also think they could reduce their combo from 3-3-2 to 3-3 if they want higher GOE. The 2T seems to throw them off a little.

The trouble is that if they did 3-3, anyone who would be doing 3-2-2 would get more points. (even though 3-3 is harder than 3-2-2).

clairecloutier

Welcome to FSU @Mad for Skating. ;)

Mad for Skating

If I know my values correctly, the only combo that would come close would be Duhamel/Radford's 3Lz-2T-2T, and they removed that from the program earlier this year.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Ksenia and Fedor are in the Shibutanis' vlog. Fedor doesn't get much time on the screen but Ksenia is hilarious. They show up at 9:34.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n26f4r_PccE

LOL, I dont usually watch a lot of these videos but this was very nice.

LOL cool to see Alexa and Chris going to elevators around 3:45

Who was the skater at 9:10?

Ksenia is such a cool, hip diva. Who wouldnt be into her?

Mad for Skating

:rofl: You just know she's practiced that fake out sneer a million times, and it's utterly fabulous. I love her personality so much.

She's a total assassin out there, and we all know she has a hot temper, but she's actually quite nice to her fans. My friend met her in Helsinki and wanted to get her autograph for me, and Ksenia asked where I was from and how to spell my name (she still misspelled it but she was trying to write in English).

She's just so dynamic. I've found my soul sister.

Mad for Skating

Btw @Lovemyvike...I see we still haven't found a title for this thread yet...why not something related to the Hunger Games? Whenever I read the books I see a freakish similarity between Katniss/Peeta and Ksenia/Fedor - she's dominant and feisty, he's charismatic and gentle. Just an idea for the thread title.

Lovemyvike

Btw @Lovemyvike...I see we still haven't found a title for this thread yet...why not something related to the Hunger Games? Whenever I read the books I see a freakish similarity between Katniss/Peeta and Ksenia/Fedor - she's dominant and feisty, he's charismatic and gentle. Just an idea for the thread title.

Hunger Games theme could be fitting. Or Morticia and Gomez. I don't remember who started calling her Suzy (Susie?), but for some reason, that always amuses me...

Mad for Skating

Hunger Games theme could be fitting. Or Morticia and Gomez. I don't remember who started calling her Suzy (Susie?), but for some reason, that always amuses me...

Oooh, yes, Addams Family thread title would be so cute! Must admit I'm still obsessed with that program :)
They call her Susie because of a translation error. In Russia everyone has a nickname (Tanya and Max, Zhenya and Volodya, etc) and Ksenia's is "Ksyusha". Google translate doesn't understand "Ksyusha" and it thinks you're saying "Susie".

aftershocks

Banned Member
She's a total assassin out there, and we all know she has a hot temper, but she's actually quite nice to her fans. My friend met her in Helsinki and wanted to get her autograph for me, and Ksenia asked where I was from and how to spell my name (she still misspelled it but she was trying to write in English).

She's just so dynamic. I've found my soul sister.

Well Stolbova's Wu-tang mess.be alias is: Tha Demon! Affectionately, I would add. ;) Fedor is her Mad Assassin accomplice. :D Hope S/K zero in on taking out their young teammates next season. :kickass: Show 'em how it's done S/K! Despite all the rough patches, S/K had rockin' programs this season! :respec:

Mad for Skating

I just hope she keeps the short hair

I love her hair at any length as long as it's not too blonde. She looks like Anne Hathaway when she got the pixie cut for Les Miserables in 2012 if you ask me. #BrunettesDoItBest

Well Stolbova's Wu-tang mess.be alias is: Tha Demon! Affectionately, I would add. ;) Fedor is her Mad Assassin accomplice. :D Hope S/K zero in on taking out their young teammates next season. :kickass: Show 'em how it's done S/K! Despite all the rough patches, S/K had rockin' programs this season! :respec:

I'm so proud of their strong performances this year. As for rival Russian pairs, T/M have shown they're not unbeatable although still very strong.
I personally want to see them skate to "Assassin's Tango" from Mr. and Mrs. Smith because I want to see Ksenia as Angelina Jolie. Backup plan: program to the Maleficent soundtrack.
Or...well, I can't stop comparing them to the Hunger Games...I feel like that would fit them so well.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I think T/M are excellent technically and they usually have been consistent this season as they have grown in confidence. T/M still need a packaging makeover, and they need to somehow learn how to come out of their shells more convincingly and genuinely. They were much improved this season, but also overscored due to ISU snobby love for technically perfect Russian pairs skating, whether or not the pair in question have boring personalities and still have a ways to go re maturity.

It's likely next season that Russian skating politics will still have T/M on top, with S/K struggling to regain dominance. I for one am very unhappy that Mozer seems to be the main favored Russian pairs coach these days. I find Zabijako/Enbert so flat and boring (also overscored a lot this season). I think it's a shame that Vera Bazarova's sexy partnership with Andrei Deputat was left in the dust, and that the edgy rough around the edges Ashtakova/Rogonov are not receiving more support to get better. I could see Ashtakova/Rogonov flourishing under Moskvina (but apparently she is not coaching any other team beside the sidelined perennial sympathetic faves Kavaguti/Smirnov).

Mad for Skating

I think T/M are excellent technically and they usually have been consistent this season as they have grown in confidence. T/M still need a packaging makeover, and they need to somehow learn how to come out of their shells more convincingly and genuinely. They were much improved this season, but also overscored due to ISU snobby love for technically perfect Russian pairs skating, whether or not the pair in question have boring personalities and still have a ways to go re maturity.

It's likely next season that Russian skating politics will still have T/M on top, with S/K struggling to regain dominance. I for one am very unhappy that Mozer seems to be the main favored Russian pairs coach these days. I find Zabijako/Enbert so flat and boring (also overscored a lot this season). I think it's a shame that Vera Bazarova's sexy partnership with Andrei Deputat was left in the dust, and that the edgy rough around the edges Ashtakova/Rogonov are not receiving more support to get better. I could see Ashtakova/Rogonov flourishing under Moskvina (but apparently she is not coaching any other team beside the sidelined perennial sympathetic faves Kavaguti/Smirnov).

T/M are technically strong, but they are still finding their image. Since they don't have a clear "diva" between the two of them (I find Evgenia the leader but she doesn't have the bad-girl factor that makes pair ladies so iconic), they have trouble finding good programs. I vote they do something romantic. Z/E have potential but I think they're still nowhere near the level of S/K. Astakhova and Rogonov are my secret love and I enjoy their programs a lot.

As for S/K, they're the underdogs compared to T/M but lest us forget they were under the shadow of V/T when they burst out with that silver...playing underdog might be a good thing. In all honesty, SK at Worlds would've beaten TM at WTT (mood point I know) but what I'm saying is, SK have it in them. They've got everything it takes for an Olympic medal and if they fix their twist, they will be fire.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Ksenia is called Ksusha. I think Susie or Suzy was adopted on fsu (as something close to Susha). I don't remember who started it either, but I think it started during the 2015 season.

Mad for Skating

I think there is only a 24 hour window to edit thread titles.

I see! It's okay though - "Stolbova and Klimov Thread" sounds fine to me.

Ksenia is called Ksusha. I think Susie or Suzy was adopted on fsu (as something close to Susha). I don't remember who started it either, but I think it started during the 2015 season.

Also sometimes "Stolbova" translates to "pole" because the word in Russian is very similar.
Trivia fact of the day: "Ksenia" is derived from "hospitality" in Greek and "Fedor" is the Russian form of Theodore.

clairecloutier

Okay, random music idea. If Stolbova/Klimov wanted to go dark and dramatic again in their FS this year, what about Bells of Moscow??

Was just re-watching Mao Asada's 2010 Olympic LP to this music and immediately thought of S/K as I watched. Not many skaters have the power to pull off this music ... But Ksenia/Fedor could do something amazing with it, I feel quite certain.

Mad for Skating

Okay, random music idea. If Stolbova/Klimov wanted to go dark and dramatic again in their FS this year, what about Bells of Moscow??

Was just re-watching Mao Asada's 2010 Olympic LP to this music and immediately thought of S/K as I watched. Not many skaters have the power to pull off this music ... But Ksenia/Fedor could do something amazing with it, I feel quite certain.

Omg that would be amazing! Great idea, @clairecloutier! It's dark and dramatic like you said and would definitely live up to their skating skills...omg I'd love that so much!
And bonus: while they were both born in St. Petersburg, they train in Moscow so the title of the music is fitting.

Mad for Skating

Ksenia and Fedor qualified to the IceNetwork "Best Pairs Free" poll. There was a lot of love for Sui/Han (who won) and James/Cipres there but I'm happy to see they haven't forgotten about our dear S/K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information