Stolbova and Klimov Thread

Lovemyvike

I looked around and didn't see one started for them yet. I've seen lots of support for them on other threads so hopefully it's ok to start a fan thread for them?

Tried to think of some witty title but none sounded good. Suggestions?

orbitz

Does anyone know if Stolbova was skating injured at Russian Nationals? It was very strange to see her fall on both the the throw jumps in their LP when she hadn't missed them the entire season.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Warrior assassin ice queen and her pet. The Mortal Kombat symbol is because she will finish him and it is branded on him as a reminder. :)

Last edited:

ioana

Warrior assassin ice queen and her pet. The Mortal Kombat symbol is because she will finish him and it is branded on him as a reminder. :)

She knows better than to finish off her best chance at a World title ;). This interview isn't the best translation, but I thought it had some good insights in their relationship.

- You have something in each other are sure that no one escapes?

- Our goal: the next Olympic Games. We’ll go to her, no matter what. So until the 2018 Games did not exactly run away - sure partner.

- Fyodor tolerate me three or four years, but we’ll see! - Xenia laughs.

- Xenia Mom told me that Fedor is afraid of an explosive nature partner.

- I’m still scared! - Interrupts Klimov, forcing Xenia ringing laugh.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Does anyone know if Stolbova was skating injured at Russian Nationals? It was very strange to see her fall on both the the throw jumps in their LP when she hadn't missed them the entire season.

They were both sick (cold/cough).

sweetsparky

Good Ice Dance = THE SEX
They first caught my eye with their kind of disastrous LP at CoR 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVl4EDLLtBw

(00:30 and 4:30 :eek: moments, but also what a fighter she was/is :kickass: and lol her head-palm moment at the end)

She has an amazing athletic body :swoon: and looks a real fighter, but he also seems to be a quiet and well adjusted partner, so quite the great team to work together :cheer:
I will confess that I´m afraid I liked more their GPF LP cause the Spanish (Moriiirrrr of deafness moment included) I am cheap like that :slinkaway even if I still vote for the french version best if we cannot get a free lyrics one (although a chinese one would be priceless)

ioana

She has an amazing athletic body :swoon: and looks a real fighter, but he also seems to be a quiet and well adjusted partner, so quite the great team to work together :cheer:

Polovtsian Dances is the first program where I noticed them, too. I love their look on the ice and the fact they went for their own style and didn't go the way of 'love carrot' programs that so many Russian pairs did (or felt they had to do). I get the sense Fedor isn't quiet in a submissive way, but more like he prefers to take a step back and think things through before acting out. Ksenia is definitely the driving force. Good to have a different dynamic out on the ice :D

Amantide

I looked around and didn't see one started for them yet. I've seen lots of support for them on other threads so hopefully it's ok to start a fan thread for them?

Tried to think of some witty title but none sounded good. Suggestions?

Thank you for this topic. :cheer2:
I was dying to open a topic for them. I thought there was one buried somewhere though, so I didn't bother to check more than 10 pages. :scream:

I love these two. I think I love them more than V&T. :shuffle::saint:

frida_lumen

They remind me of Aliona and Robin. Not only because of originality of their programs (most of them, I don't think NDtP is very creative) but also when it comes to their personalities on the ice. Ksenia is more like a warrior, persistent, very athletic, expressive and she definitely knows how to sell a program, while Fedor is a calm and steady guy, who gives a little softness to their presentation. They complement each other very well.

For more resemblances: they do S/S's famous throw salchow in last seconds of a program :)

sweetsparky

Good Ice Dance = THE SEX
Polovtsian Dances is the first program where I noticed them, too. I love their look on the ice and the fact they went for their own style and didn't go the way of 'love carrot' programs that so many Russian pairs did (or felt they had to do). I get the sense Fedor isn't quiet in a submissive way, but more like he prefers to take a step back and think things through before acting out. Ksenia is definitely the driving force. Good to have a different dynamic out on the ice :D

That was the sense of quiet I wanted to say, ioana, a good quiet man, tranquilo, I would say in Spanish :)

And yes, they are quite original for the traditional more classic and romantic Russian pairs model, although more original in their interpretation than their musical choices, although I liked a lot their Family Addams.

This season I would have preferred a better choreo for the SP, bacause although it´s well constructed, it could grow to a more spectacular final, considering that it has a very catching for movements music.

oleada

Ksenia posted a vid of herself doing a 3T+3T+2T+2T (fell on the last 2T) on Facebook! It would be so cool if they could add a 3T+3T to their programs....

Cherub721

YEAH!
Awesome! Am I wrong or does the caption imply that we may see it at European Championships (ЧЕ)?

whiteskates

She's great. It looks very effortless as well. They may try it at Euros. Not that they need it to win, they will win anyway unless something exceptional happens but they may want to take the chance to try it in a major competition.

Amantide

She's great. It looks very effortless as well. They may try it at Euros. Not that they need it to win, they will win anyway unless something exceptional happens but they may want to take the chance to try it in a major competition.

Indeed. If they want to try new elements for this season, Euros it's the best place.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Initially Mozer told them the plan was to not add any difficulty so they could be consistent and show the last year was not a fluke. But GPF and Nationals didn't go so well, so maybe she reconsidered.

whiteskates

Yes, Mozer may have to give in. And if their triple-triple is reasonably consistent in training I don't see why they shouldn't do it in competition. They have to sooner or later anyway the way the technical development of pairs skating is going now. There are pairs doing quad throws and quad twists and of the pairs with good presentation, Stolbova and Klimov are among the ones who have the ability to raise their technical standard

whiteskates

Just came to think about that I said no one can beat S/K at Euros but theoretically speaking, on a good day Kavaguti/Smirnov could beat them if they stay injury free and have more luck than they usually have. After all they do have two great programmes this year. I'm also wondering what Volosozhar and Trankov are thinking this season. To stay on top they will have to include some more technical difficulty as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information