Songs You Dislike and/or Detest

Cachoo

The song could be adored and award-winning or it could be just awful. Either way what are the songs you do NOT want to hear again?

I have two in mind: The more current song is "Goodbye" by D4nny https://youtu.be/unRldLdllZ8

and the song of the past is "Muskrat Love" by The Captain and Tennille. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBYV_7a0FQs

If you post the video please also post the title and artist. Do you simply hate the song or is it more complicated than that? I simply do not like these two songs.

PDilemma

"Photograph" by Nickelback. The lyrics are so stupid and their lead singer's voice is so awful. But the worst part was that for about three years after it came out, I had to endure it as the soundtrack for countless "senior slide shows". And that school loved a "senior slide show". There was one for every sport (shown at pep rallies) and activity and two or three separate ones at graduation time.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
The first time I heard Hey Bobby I thought it was a joke. My stepmom and I were on our way to Shreveport when the radio station announced a brand new hit song. We just couldn't believe that it was for real and a hit song.

The same thing happened when KT Oslin came out with Do Ya.

Last edited:

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I heard "Royals" by Lorde while I was working today and it made me want to stab my ears out. It was so overplayed and I never liked it from the first listen.

flyingsit

Roar by Katy Perry. So full of cliches and so darn trite. I can't stand it.
Ditto x 1000. Pretty much everything by Katy Perry except I Kissed A Girl.

Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. Everyone loves it, I find it way too sappy and much prefer his Photograph.

quartz

scratching at the light
I'm afraid to say it but ...... I hate hate hate Imagine!!!!! :p
I'm okay with Imagine, but the early Beatles stuff, the "Love You Ya Ya Ya" crap is horrible. Also, all Beach Boys songs because they are all the very same boring repetitious song.

Japanfan

Skating music immediately comes to mind because I don't listen to music otherwise for the most part.

I actually hate 'Summertime' and pretty much anything by Frank Sinatra. But the, my musical repertoire is somewhat limited.

twinsissv

OMG!!! The "TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS"!!!
Whenever I hear the FIRST DAY...I totally freak out! Really? A partridge in a pear tree?
And just think about it...eleven more days!!!:yikes:NO! NO! NO! :wuzrobbed

Last edited:

PeterG

Two of the worst songs ever recorded are by the Beatles:

Let It Be and
Hey Jude

Although The Long and Winding Road is pretty awful also. Deciding whether to drive long nails through my eyes or have to listen to any of these songs is an incredibly hard choice...

Desperado

Two of the worst songs ever recorded are by the Beatles:

Let It Be and
Hey Jude

Although The Long and Winding Road is pretty awful also. Deciding whether to drive long nails through my eyes or have to listen to any of these songs is an incredibly hard choice...
LOL!! These are pretty much my favourite Beatle songs.

I cannot stand Rihanna's Diamonds though, just from the nasal way she pronounces the word throughout the song.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
If this is de/evolving into a Holiday Songs I Hate thread, in @Orable 's name:

1. Do They Know It's Christmas Time

Everyone's favorite:
Goddamn Christmas Shoes songs that no matter what your theistic beliefs might be or not be, this is a HORRID song and the antithesis of what Christmas should be about. Some radio station around here did a version where they played the song straight...but added a verse about the kid hustling that dumbass in the store.

And because my least favorite song happens to be set during Christmas time:
Dan Fogleberg's Same Old Lang Syne

Non-holiday songs:
Do You Like Pina Coladas. Really? A husband and wife placing personal ads for :groping: and at the end it's all happy and sweet cause you know they answered their own ads? And COCONUT. EVIL, DISGUSTING COCONUT.

PeterG

James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World

Stupid title, horrid lyrics and awful melody. Whenever someone sings this on a talent show, I know they're an idiot because of all the songs of James Brown to pick...they choose this piece of dreck!! :eek:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Where do I start?

If I had to pick a couple, then as much as I love some of Stevie Wonder's stuff (Superstition, Higher Ground, Hotter than July), he has done some absolute dogs of songs. Namely Ebony and Ivory and I just called to say I love you.

Anything sung by Mariah Carey and Celine Dion absolutely make me want throw up.

Kecasyl

There are so many for me.
I'll start with a few that come to mind at the moment.
"Honey I'm Good" by Andy Grammer makes me want to break things.
Pretty much anything sung by Taylor Swift.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Speaking of Christmas music, "Santa Baby" is like nails on a chalkboard. Every single woman who sings it, does the cutesy, little girl, whispery, sex kitten voice. Ugh.

Sluttiest Christmas song ever! :p

While I'm on the topic of Christmas music, the local radio station has been playing cover versions all month long and I can't believe how terrible some artists are at enunciating. I'm pretty sure I heard someone singing "Walking In A Winner Wonderland." And a TSwift recording from when she was younger.. :yikes: "Haaa-laaay-loooo-yaaa!" :duh:

PDilemma

Among Christmas songs, I hate "Do You Hear What I Hear?". What on earth is it even supposed to mean?

"Walking in a Winter Wonderland" is also really stupid.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Wonderful Christmas Time - worst Christmas song ever. Notice that no one has ever done a cover version?
Wonderful Christmas Time - worst Christmas song ever. Notice that no one has ever done a cover version?

I'm sorry to break the news, but according to NPR, the Shins' cover version is now the most popular Xmas song on store playlists. I couldn't believe a cool group would even do that song!

My own personal hate song is about cannibalism after a mining disaster. It was a bona fide top 40 song called Timothy. I get nauseous thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information