Savchenko/Massot Fan Thread

arakwafan2006

That is the only thing I could figure out...She has to be caught away from his body with the arms not touching the shoulder....(i hope I am being literate ) so if he caught her lower to halt and turn her into that amazing exit it would not check that bullet point....They may just have to change their placement of the halt ...I am sure the judges will explain it to them so they can fix it...I loved it and the whole program.

Aliona said that the height of the twist was so massive it effected her going into the Sal. They'll work the kinks out of it.

DID WE FORGET THAT THEY DISPLAYED TWO COMPLETELY NEW ELEMENTS IN ONE PROGRAM? That Twist which is something out of a Moskvina dream and that throw Axel!!!!!!!!!!! SHIT!!! pairs skating is sooooooooooooooo competitive! Bravo to them

arakwafan2006

Oh - My - God,

Can I just say I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE their SP at Nebelhorn (except at some point homegurl gonna have to realize she cant 2 foot 100% of her throws 100% of the time.) And to be honest I hope judges keep dinging this.

I LOOOOVEEEEDDDD their music choice. And I have loved all their music choices so far!!!

I feel so secure that they will NEVER come out and do Maleguena or R&J or POTO. I am so intrigued by them.

Do all y'all think she (well maybe behind Natalia Mishkutenok) is the best female pairs skater of all time?

They are just so INTERESTING, I love them and their music and their expressions... I wish Chris KNIERIM would watch their programs over and over and take note because if he could up his anty I could see them being a comparable- Savchenko & Massot.

P.S. Did all y'all see the exit from the twist? How cool was that??????

Great points! I sorta turned my nose up at you for saying you hope the judges keep dinging them but you're right. In this case though it's acceptable. Their ambition is exemplary and every other part of their skating is glorious.

With regards to best pair girls, she's in a class with Natalia as you mentioned , Elena Berezhnaya and Ekaterina Gordeeva. I do think though that she's legendary and more so in her 30's.

@AngieNikodinovLove , welcome to the fan club :40beers: They are just special together. They bring the best out of each other's skating and interpretation. For me, it's skating at its best when in dance or pairs, two people complement each other so well.I find it extremely fascinating and that's the main reason I'm not into singles as much.

Bruno is to be lauded. I mean they personify the phrase " don't talk about it, BE about it". They just got together, worked their asses off and showed up at Europeans last year ready. Aliona will never ever skate to overused music and I wish we could see 8 more years of them. I love this pair. I follow them on social media. I knew they were practicing throw Axel but honestly I thought " just work on what you have already" because I didn't think they were serious. Next thing I know BOOM there it is. She's living her dream and I love it. She's been saying she really wanted to learn it and so SHE DID !!! Amazing. I pray they stay injury free.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Congrats to them, gorgeous FS they win the ice dance competition by far, take note C/L,C/B and G/P that's how it's done :p
They were far from perfect on the jumps but with more training, this program has such a potential, and that beginning as well as end pose, my god I love it. Also, Aljona is killing it with her SP and FS dresses :glamor:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Great points! I sorta turned my nose up at you for saying you hope the judges keep dinging them but you're right. In this case though it's acceptable.

LOLLLL... For real. Even if the Goddess of all time, Angela Nikodinov, got out there and two-footed her jump I would want her to be dinged for it. Even though I have my favs I am also fair.

I just LOVE this team. I think I love them WAY more than her and Robin. In fact I know I do.

They are the epitome for me what pairs skating is. Strength, technique, interesting and ORIGINAL music choices!!!!

arakwafan2006

LOLLLL... For real. Even if the Goddess of all time, Angela Nikodinov, got out their and two-footed her jump I would want her to be dinged for it. Even though I have my favs I am also fair.

I just LOVE this team. I think I love them WAY more than her and Robin. In fact I know I do.

They are the epitome for me what pairs skating is. Strength, technique, interesting and ORIGINAL music choices!!!!

Agreed. They've got it all. They hit me the way Pap/Ciz did.

I never got behind Aliona and Robin. This team I could watch from sun up to sundown

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Agreed. They've got it all. They hit me the way Pap/Ciz did.

I never got behind Aliona and Robin. This team I could watch from sun up to sundown

I'd take you out for a drink if you were in LA.

BTW one of my fav pieces of music ever was that techno-Swan Lake piece that Arakawa used for a number of years. I love things that are interesting and different. Like how Kwan used to choose music.

Rock2

Love this team and so glad they paired.
For about the 15th time I'll once again say that their programs and music are about 2000x better than last year. I approve.

Still, it will all depend on who does it on the day. And clearly they aren't consistent yet. So, pairs will continue to be heart-pounding discipline this year.

One note though. Although the long is sublime and has the potential to cast a spell, I found myself caring about shapes and pictures being created on the ice to really highlight the music. Much like, say, the LP of Jason Brown. This is where I became acutely aware of Bruno's shortcomings in this area, something that just didn't matter in the big-personality short. He has a presence and is a great pair boy, but he's just not strong at using his body well to interpret the music. I wasn't looking for this in the program but it's the only negative that struck me as I watched.

zilam98

Love this team and so glad they paired.
For about the 15th time I'll once again say that their programs and music are about 2000x better than last year. I approve.

Still, it will all depend on who does it on the day. And clearly they aren't consistent yet. So, pairs will continue to be heart-pounding discipline this year.

One note though. Although the long is sublime and has the potential to cast a spell, I found myself caring about shapes and pictures being created on the ice to really highlight the music. Much like, say, the LP of Jason Brown. This is where I became acutely aware of Bruno's shortcomings in this area, something that just didn't matter in the big-personality short. He has a presence and is a great pair boy, but he's just not strong at using his body well to interpret the music. I wasn't looking for this in the program but it's the only negative that struck me as I watched.

it is quite striking--his posture and lack of stretch. he tends to let his upper body/arms just hang there, lacking posture/purposeful positioning. quite a contrast to aliona's superior stretch/posture. coaches need to train this boy ASAP on such, especially since it's so apparent on the free.

i do have to say they need to change the color of their costumes. the music is already quite quiet and sedate, but the gray-white ombre just makes their program look all the more so. it makes them blend all the more to the ice also. maybe a navy blue with a gradation to purple?

arakwafan2006

it is quite striking--his posture and lack of stretch. he tends to let his upper body/arms just hang there, lacking posture/purposeful positioning. quite a contrast to aliona's superior stretch/posture. coaches need to train this boy ASAP on such, especially since it's so apparent on the free.

i do have to say they need to change the color of their costumes. the music is already quite quiet and sedate, but the gray-white ombre just makes their program look all the more so. it makes them blend all the more to the ice also. maybe a navy blue with a gradation to purple?

Cricket.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Aljona is my queen and I would cut a bitch for her. :glamor:

That is a gorgeous long program. Talk about working on your flaws this off-season, they've made a good 3 years worth of progression! :kickass: these programs are so much stronger than last year. I hope they're European/World/Olympic champions.

Agree that Bruno needs to work on stretch and line (also shoulder carriage/posture). They also need to re-think the program ending, the current ending is kind of awkward and doesn't really work.

Did anybody catch the one-arm entry into their rotational lift at 4:00? That's freaking impossible. They made it look so effortless that you probably didn't even notice, Bruno is just ridiculously strong.

Verdict - programs are both A/A- material, they couldn't have done much better compared to last year. Aljona is very polished and Bruno has a lot of work ahead of him. They could win worlds with these programs.

zilam98

oops! didn't realize that the navy blue suggestion will make them look like papadakis/cizeron in presentation. but my suggestion still remains--a much deeper color might work better for the FP costumes

Rock2

Her dress is beautiful and I wouldn't touch it. I'd just create a darker version of the exact same thing he's wearing as that top doesn't make a statement.

I'm not sure an untucked shirt works on a wider guy. Looks better when tapered on someone with slimmer hips. Try tucking it in or making it asymmetrical, with one side longer. Needs more length.

zilam98

Her dress is beautiful and I wouldn't touch it. I'd just create a darker version of the exact same thing he's wearing as that top doesn't make a statement.

I'm not sure an untucked shirt works on a wider guy. Looks better when tapered on someone with slimmer hips. Try tucking it in or making it asymmetrical, with one side longer. Needs more length.

something more fitted (tucked in too) and probably with full length sleeves might look better for this program for bruno. his top worsens the look of his lack of stretch in a lot of their choreographic moves.

aliona's dress is basically pretty, but i would like a deeper color on it

MsZem

I see the sea
Bruno's shirt was supposed to be tucked in. Apparently he's rebelling ;)

I love their programs this year; who choreographed the free skate? Their ISU bio lists John Kerr and Silvia Fontana - was it Fontana alone on the FS, or a collaborative effort? I hope they can get everything consistent and polished later on in the season, it'll be spectacular.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Sooooooooo

Sui & Han may not factor this year. I am assuming Kavaguti & Smirnov may not be 100% either. I am dieing to see Duhamel & Radford at Autumn Classic. Then I think there is Stolbova & Klimov.

I know a 4 throw and sbs 3lutz will be worth more than the throw 3axel and sbs jumps that S&M will do. Perhaps technical edge to D&R but artistic to S&M.

But I think world Champs of Savchenko & Massot are in order!!!

(and yes I know there are Tarasova & Morosov, Seguin & Bilodeau and Team China, etc but Im already thinking Gold medal here)

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Why did she change her SP dress ??? It was lovely, fitting with the music style and contrasting with his grey outfit. I don't like the new one, too grey and the cut is not special. Bring it back Aljona please.
I would like them to have a clean performance rather sooner than later but I guess they'd like it too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information