San Jose, California will host 2018 U.S. Nationals (Dec. 29, 2017 - Jan. 7, 2018)

acraven

I did some preliminary checking of airfares last night, using the equivalent dates for 2017 since it's too early to see prices for January 2018. As we feared when the extremely early schedule was announced, it appears that those of us who go to Nationals early (in this case around New Year's Day) are going to be paying extra for the privilege, at least $100 more than the usual fare from the east coast. Other early birds might want to take a look at 2017 fares from their home airports so they'll have an idea what would be a relative bargain and can watch for fare sales or buy early if the price looks good.

A.H.Black

Don't remember the section numbers but it was to the left of the skaters entrance - facing the ice. So, if I am a skater coming onto the ice, the judges are to my left.

Concourse Map

I'm thinking the judges were in 102, 101, and 128, but I can't remember for sure if the zamboni came through the same entrance as the skaters. I think it did.

These will help orient you -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIUO8rBmsy0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfi6oAxdKg8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXX91mj1wao

Can't find the one for pairs.

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I got an email from USFSA that the presale will start next week, so I called the SAP Center to ask if they have price information. The guy said it will be up on their website this weekend, but he gave me some details over the phone. You might want to be sitting down for this....

Platinum - lower level rows 1-5 - $1298
Red - Sections 114-116 and 128-102, rows 7 and up, and end sections rows 7-9 (not certain on these row numbers) - $1,023 with gala or $898 without gala :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
White - Sections 103-113 and 117-127 rows 9 and up (not certain on the row numbers) - $673 with gala or $598 without

Do they think this is Worlds???? Last time the Red level tickets were $700ish. I would love to know if Detroit had planned to charge this much. I'm guessing no.

Last edited:

Carolla5501

Plus it's over a holiday weekend.

There's no way I would go for the entire week with the schedule and I doubt I am alone. They needed to make it more appealing, not less.

I will hold out and if they have a decent weekend package consider that. but the timing is tough.

Jayar

San Jose is having great luck with big events of this ilk. The US Ladies Gymnastics Olympic Trials were there, and tickets were impossible to get. I fully expect the same for this competition.

nicecardshark

We are not being allowed to select our seats. Moreover based on what they currently show on the ticket order form, we will not even be able to request a specific section nor a "general area." Major disappointment! Especially compared to the fine personal service we received in 2012.

Tickets to the GALA in "P-2 RED" are $125 a shot! That's the most I can ever remember for the GALA.

TanithandBenFan

Since they're using Ticketmaster, I'm hoping they'll use Ticketmaster's interactive seat map once tickets go on sale next week. For those prices, I'd better be able to select my seat.

acraven

And if you want to be as close to the ice as possible, you are required to buy a package that includes the exhibition; with lower-priced tickets you can opt in or opt out on the exhibition.

This is, indeed, a very disappointing process.

Edited to add:

This gave me a giggle, anyway: "Due to tight seating arrangements and limited means of egress for large numbers of people at events, SAP Center’s general policy does not permit miniature horses acting as service animals inside the building. However, this policy has flexibility and requests for exceptions will be considered on an individual basis..."

Last edited:

nicecardshark

Since they're using Ticketmaster, I'm hoping they'll use Ticketmaster's interactive seat map once tickets go on sale next week. For those prices, I'd better be able to select my seat.

Do we know for certain that they are using Ticketmaster? I don't see TM referenced anywhere. I thought perhaps for this event the SAP might be using its own ticket search engine. I don't know.

At least we are allowed to bring food in. That's what it says in the arena's FAQ anyway:

"Guests may bring in reasonable amounts of food and non-alcoholic beverages for their own personal consumption at most events."

Carolla5501

San Jose is having great luck with big events of this ilk. The US Ladies Gymnastics Olympic Trials were there, and tickets were impossible to get. I fully expect the same for this competition.

If that's the case I'll just have to be out of luck. There is no way I'll go for New Years so I'm not buying an all event.

Good luck with seat selection everyone. Hope it all works out

TanithandBenFan

Do we know for certain that they are using Ticketmaster? I don't see TM referenced anywhere. I thought perhaps for this event the SAP might be using its own ticket search engine. I don't know.

At least we are allowed to bring food in. That's what it says in the arena's FAQ anyway:

"Guests may bring in reasonable amounts of food and non-alcoholic beverages for their own personal consumption at most events."

Their box office main number goes direct to Ticketmaster. I saw they also sold the gym trials tickets through TM.

kiss-n-cry

Team Brown
I enlarged the seating chart on my screen and it looks like the $673 price level actually starts with row 11. On the ends, there are 5 rows at the platinum level, then 5 more rows in the red level. I would be more comfortable paying $898 If it included a gala ticket. Airfare from Buffalo will not be cheap.

acraven

Yes, the airfare for that very early time period is going to be painful because of the holiday impact. I'm trying not to think about it.

Debbie S

This gave me a giggle, anyway: "Due to tight seating arrangements and limited means of egress for large numbers of people at events, SAP Center’s general policy does not permit miniature horses acting as service animals inside the building. However, this policy has flexibility and requests for exceptions will be considered on an individual basis..."
I want a miniature horse! :lol: I think I need a support animal while watching C/B, Jason, and Ashley.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Holy moly, those are some high prices! My bank account just ran for cover. :eek: We weren't planning to come for the entire week so I hope they release some weekend packages or a championship package at some point that's a bit more reasonable. Wow. :yikes:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
A

The more important question is, will miniature horses be allowed on the SHUTTLE????

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
In looking at the calendar, it doesn't look promising for any airfare deals. With Christmas on Monday, the highest airfares will be Tuesday, and again Saturday through Tuesday of New Year's week. Best bet for San Jose bound folks who plan to see it all would be Thursday. Fares should drop significantly on Jan 3rd.

breathesgelatin

These prices are crazy. I was planning on going for the past few years, but with the pricing and the fact that I'll have a less-than-year-old baby at the time... Maybe not. Original plan would've been me going on my own. If we did it, I think we'd have to turn it into a family event, maybe, and only for Championship weekend, and throw in some tourist stuff for everyone. Wonder how my 9 year old would hold up through sessions...

acraven

The password does not work for me in Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 7 PC). It does work in Chrome. Try Chrome if you're having difficulties with IE.

Not sure what the deal is, but this is the third skating event in a row for which I've had problems buying tickets. I do believe I am jinxed.

Edited to add: Do take note of the small-print warning on the website that you cannot leave one unsold seat. They mean it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information