Sad news - please help Lucy and Jeremy Barrett to fight Leukemia

BrightSkates

Flop era commenced
Very sad news to learn that Jeremy Barrett's wife Lucy was diagnosed with leukemia on Wednesday. They are expecting their fist child in about 10 weeks which is even more scary. Lucy started chemotherapy on Thursday. Please pray and support this young couple in their fight with the illness. They are very determined to get through it and they are staying positive. I applaud them! There is a Gofundme page was set up.
https://www.gofundme.com/3oecqww
I hope with all our collective positive energy and love this wonderful pair will defeat leukemia and have long wonderful life!

Sylvia

TBD

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Awww, so cute how baby Watson is holding on to Dad Jeremy's big thumb. :)

Happy baby! Congratulations to Lucy & Jeremy! Healing wishes and prayers for Lucy! :saint:

Sylvia

TBD
THIS Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/ChampionsE...069918338305/1918517055026924/?type=3&theater
"The Lucy Fights Leukemia benefit show will start at 4:00 on June 3rd at Florida Hospital Center Ice. Come see some fantastic skating, including a performance by former U.S. Champion Ryan Bradley and appearances by other international competitors! Our all-member social will immediately follow. Join us!"

Rink address: 3173 Cypress Ridge Blvd.
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

Sylvia

TBD
Article about the Tuesday, July 11th benefit show in Fort Collins, CO, with quotes from Audrey Weisiger: http://figureskatersonline.com/news...jeremy-and-lucy-barrett-in-her-cancer-battle/

"There is no cost for admission to the show, but they will be taking donations at the door, as well as selling t-shirts and hosting a silent auction to raise money for the Barretts."

ETA:

The Barrett family's first outing together last month :): https://www.instagram.com/p/BVvRR1agwEI/?taken-by=jeremybarrett84

Last edited:

Tavi

There MIGHT be a live stream of today's benefit show in Fort Collins... if anyone sees a working link (one I saw on YT was removed), please post.

Didn't Ryan Bradley mention one on Ice Talk? I donated but can't seem to find any livestream info.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Thanks! I've tried this one a couple of times. They've posted a couple of tests and taken them down, so hopefully it's the right link.

That what I thought, too. It's time, right?

Fingers crossed for Max and Jason to skate early because I have to go to work in about half an hour :D

misskarne

Still warming up. Jason landing big, huge, gorgeous triples. Max working on the same piece of footwork over and over again. Ryan Bradley landed a big triple loop.

misskarne

Oh, the show is not starting for a while, they're going to make the ice. I guess I'll have to watch the archived stream later to catch up.

Sylvia

TBD
Ryan Bradley kicks off the benefit show with a past exhibition number to "Fire and the Flood" (Vance Joy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loowWO9sXTU

ETA that the live stream isn't running smoothly for me but I will edit in the order of skaters below (and their music if I recognize or can hear it):

Learn To Skate group skating to an Olympic fanfare/theme
Paige Rydberg (female ballad)
Hubbell/Donohue (Stand By Me)
Daniel Samohin (Tennessee Whiskey)
2 young male & 2 young female skaters (Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson)
Angela Wang (Over the Rainbow SP)
Max Aaron - introduced by Bradley as "stretching out his really tight pants" (A Song For You by Michael Buble, I think) - very nice, I think @misskarne will approve of this new program! ;) He might have split his pants during his split jumps! :D
James/Cipres (ballad)
Jason Brown (Canned Heat)
Mirai Nagasu (Body Language - presumably her new exhibition for THE ICE tour coming up in Japan)

Looked like a pretty big audience at the show - KUDOS to everyone who participated for this worthy cause!

Last edited:

misskarne

Max Aaron - introduced by Bradley as "stretching out his really tight pants" (A Song For You by Michael Buble, I think) - very nice, I think @misskarne will approve of this new program! ;) He might have split his pants during his split jumps! :D

Thanks for identifying the song for me, @Sylvia! I sneaky-watched it at work and even though it was a bit glitchy I'm glad I did...unfortunately the archived version of the stream has the audio so massively out of synch that whole programs are heard two programs later kind of thing.

I really love this new ex for Max and I hope he keeps it into the season (so that I can get nice video of it). :D

misskarne

So I just noticed in my recommendations that there is a cut version of the show recording, with music in sync, available on youtube!

Live Show Recording

Timestamps:

Ryan Bradley - 0:40 - this starts with Ryan hilariously doing jumps in the wrong direction as certain members of the audience bid on each jump. Program starts at 9:00

Learn to Skate skaters - 13:10

Paige Rydberg - 15:40

Madison Hubbell/Zach Donohue - 18:27

Daniel Samohin - 23:20

G2C skaters - 28:00

Angela Wang - 32:45

Max Aaron - 36:10

Vanessa James/Morgan Cipres - 40:20

Jason Brown - 45:18

Mirai Nagasu - 50:06

Finale (all skaters) - 54:40

Users who are viewing this thread