1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We have updated the board style and hope you like it. If you don't, you can switch back by going to https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?misc/style Select V Bulletin 3.0 style.

Question: Canadian Contracting Remotely for US Company

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by luna_skater, May 10, 2013.

  1. luna_skater

    luna_skater Well-Known Member

    Since FSU is a virtual fountain of knowledge on, well, everything, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction on this...

    I'm a Canadian, living in Canada, and am going to be doing some contract work for a US-based company (working from home). We (the company and I) are trying to figure out exactly what paperwork procedures we need to go through for tax purposes and paying my wage. Their other Canadian employees (a couple, not sure if they are FT or contractors) are paid and get their tax slips (1099?) through the business they own. I'm thinking I will need to register a small business either as a sole proprietor or corporation to make this happen, but does anyone have any other relevant info/advice/experience? My next step will likely be to ask the CRA questions, but I thought I'd check here first on a whim.

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Jenny

    Jenny From the Bloc

    I sent you a pm.