1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi all! No longer will threads be closed after 1000 (ish) messages. We may close if one gets so long to cause an issue and if you would like a thread closed to start a new one after a 1000 posts then just use the "Report Post" function. Enjoy!

Pre and post Zayak era - ladies that have attempted 8 triple jump programs

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by essence_of_soy, Apr 6, 2013.

1. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

A lot of ladies have done programs containing 7 triple jumps, but I can't think of many that have attempted 8.

The only two that come to mind are Yoshi Onda at the 2002 World Championships in Japan where she tried 8 triples including the axel (fall), flip, lutz, loop, sal, lutz combo and toe / toe sequence.

The other is Yugoslavia's Sanda Dubravcic at a competition in the late 70s / early 80s when she skated a program containing 8 triple toe loops.

Can anyone think of any others?

2. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Mao and Yukari?

3. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Midori Ito could have done it in 1989. But she didn't : 7 triples (including 3Axel and 3/3) + a 2Axel.

4. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

Did Miki Ando have a 1 quad salchow + 7 triple program planned in 2004?

5. babayaga

babayaga Well-Known Member

I don't remember whether Mao has successfully completed an 8-triple program before, but I think she had such programs planned in her earlier years. She is back to planning 8 triples now, but was only able to land 7 at 4CC and Worlds. It looks like she is going to have this layout from the start of the next season, so there is a chance she will be successful at least once! :)