1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We have updated the board style and hope you like it. If you don't, you can switch back by going to https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?misc/style Select V Bulletin 3.0 style.

Olympic Champion SURVIVOR: PAIRS Round 5

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by skateboy, Aug 8, 2012.

Who is the weakest link?

Poll closed Aug 12, 2012.
  1. Belousova/Protopopov

21 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Rodnina/Zaitsev

20 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Gordeeva/Grinkov

10 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Mishkutenok/Dmitriev

39 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Here we go, Round 5 -- Pairs!

In Round 4, we said goodbye to:

5th place: BEREZHNAYA/SIKHARULIDZE

We eliminate one team per round.

2. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Gotta go with M/D, a great team but just don't quite measure up to the other three greats on that list (although I think they should have won '94).

3. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Rodnina & Zaitsev should go. They won only by technical ability and overall strength and power, no artistry at all. I am also not impressed that as the most athletic and technical pair of their time they werent doing throw jumps when numerous of their competitors were.

4. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I didn't know they weren't doing throw jumps! If I'd know that I might have chosen them, too.

5. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

Omg you have to read up on diva rodnina! What a piece of work. :rofl:
    She couldn't do them of course, but insisted she never even tried because it was undignified. She said it was like the man was throwing the lady away. :lol::rolleyes: and :blah: all at the same time. :p

6. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Undignified? Funny comment as dignified was the last thing I would have ever thought to describe their truck driver on fire style of skating, or her in your face personality at the time.