OES News 2016-2017

S

SmallFairy

For some Norwegian news, Camilla Gjersem has had knee surgery in mid August, her knee has bothered her for months before they could figure out what was wrong. I'm not good at translating medical terms into English, but she's now positive in her blog post about recovery. Twin sister Anne Line is in full fitness preparing for the new season.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Any news on Gedevanishvili? I think I remember reading she was injured last season. Is that still the case? Retired? (Please no!)

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Have i missed Krasnopolski got a new partner (once more)?
He is entered for the challenger in Poland with Arina Cherniavskaia, who seems to be released by russian fed (formerly competed with Antonino Souza-Kordyeru).

hanca

Values her privacy
must have missed that.
Israel for teamevent :encore:
Well, I wouldn't celebrate yet. Chernivskaya wasn't that great, although it could have been because the lack of height different was working against them. Yushenko was not doing that well the last season either.

J

Jeschke

Well, I wouldn't celebrate yet. Chernivskaya wasn't that great, although it could have been because the lack of height different was working against them. Yushenko was not doing that well the last season either.
they might not be that bad in the qualification running next season with dance and men alone; all other additional points would help for sure.

hanca

Values her privacy
Yes, their men are pretty decent and dance could be good. I am surprised that no one grabbed yet Tankova, who has been on ice partner search for quite a while. She looked that she could be good if she was doing pairs a bit longer. She has a tiny figure, she definitely has potential.

ETA: Tankova is not on icepartnersearch any more, so someone did grab her. I am looking forward to see her in competitions again.

Last edited:

shah

Shhh... shhh...
ETA: Tankova is not on icepartnersearch any more, so someone did grab her. I am looking forward to see her in competitions again.

It seems that Tankova switched to ice dance - she's doing CS Tallinn Trophy with Ronald Zilberberg (skating for ISR).

@alchemy void : exactly! Where is Gede?

hanca

Values her privacy
It seems that Tankova switched to ice dance - she's doing CS Tallinn Trophy with Ronald Zilberberg (skating for ISR).
That's not very good news. Israel has ice dancers, but they still need to develop some pairs. They have decent men. Do they have some promising ladies? (I know about Yushenko, but perhaps someone who could beat at least one Russian lady and place at the Europeans?)

Sylvia

TBD
@fan, is Paige Conners still training at the Cricket club in Toronto? Thanks for the info. (So this is why she didn't enter either U.S. Regionals or Canadian Sectionals this year.)

ETA: In the U.S., Conners won Novice Ladies at North Atlantic Regionals 2 years in a row (fall 2004 and 2005) and was 9th at Eastern Sectionals last year and 5th the year before (1st alternate to 2005 Nationals).

She is scheduled to make her international debut for ISR at Tallinn Trophy (Junior) later this month.

Last edited:

fan

@fan, is Paige Conners still training at the Cricket club in Toronto? Thanks for the info. (So this is why she didn't enter either U.S. Regionals or Canadian Sectionals this year.)

ETA: In the U.S., Conners won Novice Ladies at North Atlantic Regionals 2 years in a row (fall 2004 and 2005) and was 9th at Eastern Sectionals last year and 5th the year before (1st alternate to 2005 Nationals).

She is scheduled to make her international debut for ISR at Tallinn Trophy (Junior) later this month.
I'm not sure. I'll ask :shelter:

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
Have i missed Krasnopolski got a new partner (once more)?
He is entered for the challenger in Poland with Arina Cherniavskaia, who seems to be released by russian fed (formerly competed with Antonino Souza-Kordyeru).

And at the same event we will see debut of new Croatian team Lana Petranovic and the same Antonino Souza Kordyeru.
both teams are coached by Larinov in Morzers camp in Moscow.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMUV3YVBxWg/

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
That's not very good news. Israel has ice dancers
AFAIK Tobias/Tkachenko will not represent Israel at the Olympics. Could be wrong though.
but they still need to develop some pairs.
Surely Krasnapolski with Cherniavskaya are by far more promising than Krasnapolski with Tankova. There is also some random juniors pair - Artem Tsoglin who used to be a semi-decent single junior is now in pairs.
Do they have some promising ladies? (I know about Yushenko, but perhaps someone who could beat at least one Russian lady and place at the Europeans?)
No. I.e. I don't believe Buchanan can.

hanca

Values her privacy
Surely Krasnapolski with Cherniavskaya are by far more promising than Krasnapolski with Tankova. There is also some random juniors pair - Artem Tsoglin who used to be a semi-decent single junior is now in pairs.
I don't know, @Tanka. I don't think Chernivskaya with Krasnopolski is promising because he keeps changing partnets frequently. By the time Olympics come, he may not even be skating with her. From the same reason I don't think he would be promising with Tankova, but I was hoping that Tankova with another partner could be eventually promissing (if they stick together for a few years).

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I don't know, @Tanka. I don't think Chernivskaya with Krasnopolski is promising because he keeps changing partnets frequently.
He switched a 15y.o. girl with no jumps who probably will go through the puberty for someone who has experience in pairs. I think it might be a good switch.
By the time Olympics come, he may not even be skating with her.
More like he might be not skating at all
From the same reason I don't think he would be promising with Tankova, but I was hoping that Tankova with another partner could be eventually promissing (if they stick together for a few years).
I fail to see how Tankova would be promising as an anything.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
Today, there was a press conference in Zagreb regarding a new pair team: Lana Petranovic and Antonio Souzu Kordeyur.

The leadership of the federation is very confident in this team, coached in Moscow under Y. Larinov. They have strong support and are conting on them to show results soon.They are training in Moscow, but have also spent time in US this summer and past few week have been training in Zagreb for Warsawa Challanger, where they hope to make TES for Euros and maybe even Worlds.

"I can honestly say we have a pair team that will soon be competitive at the world level and will, without any problem represent Croatia at Winter Olympic Games in 2018. We have put all our efforts into this project and think of it as very important for the future of croatian skating. We believe that Lana and Antonio will perform well in Warsawa in 2 weeks, and croatian audience will be able to see them at 49th Golden spin of Zagreb from 8th till 10th of Dec." - presiednt of Croatian Skating Federation, Morana Palikovic Gruden

Antonio spoke about his heritage (Russian mum, and dad Portugese) his competitive history for Russia and how skating with Lana for Croatia seemes like a great idea and opportunity for him, especially for Olympic games.

Lana is very happy about her new partner, coach and coaching environment in Moscow. She and Antonio love working with Larinov and sharing tje ice with many teams, including many champions. They plan on making TES minimum in Warsawa and to go Euros and Worlds this season.

Larinov said he liked Zagreb a lot and is happy with training enviorment here. He likes working with Lana and Antonio, finds them hardworking and motivated. He thinks that in 2 weeks, after Challanger in Poland, they will have better picture on how this season will play out for them.

Lana told the press that they are skating to Pharell Williams: "Happy" for long program, where she plays a geeky girl and Antonio is trying to get her to have fun and dance. For short program they are skating to "something soft and lyrical". She was "thrilled" about that :D

She also said that they have triple twist and two triple throws.

All in all - looks like a good partnership.

I am almost afraid to be happy about it. Thats usually a curse for new pairs in my books. Never forget Davidovich and Krasnapolski. Still hurts my heart. :drama:

http://imgur.com/9z8JQW1
http://imgur.com/8thpdcB

Seerek

Did Petranovic/Michael Lueck ever get even the European minimums?

Interesting that Warsaw Cup will have Souza already face off vs former partner Cherniavskaia (w/Krasnapolski)

rhapsody

AFAIK Tobias/Tkachenko will not represent Israel at the Olympics. Could be wrong though.

Unless the Israeli federation doesn't want them to go, they both already have Israeli passports (she's Jewish and Tkachenko has roots there): http://sportas.lrytas.lt/startai/su-lietuvisku-pasu-i-izraeli-pabegusi-isabella-tobias-prakalbo.htm

Other dirt: the Lithuanian people and government are piisssssed at her because she basically revoked an incredibly rare dual citizenship exception by getting a passport for another country after being naturalized for Lithuania. :mitchell:

hanca

Values her privacy
Unless the Israeli federation doesn't want them to go, they both already have Israeli passports (she's Jewish and Tkachenko has roots there): http://sportas.lrytas.lt/startai/su-lietuvisku-pasu-i-izraeli-pabegusi-isabella-tobias-prakalbo.htm

Other dirt: the Lithuanian people and government are piisssssed at her because she basically revoked an incredibly rare dual citizenship exception by getting a passport for another country after being naturalized for Lithuania. :mitchell:

Does it mean that she lost the Lithuanian citizenship, or does she have rare triple citizenship?

rhapsody

Does it mean that she lost the Lithuanian citizenship, or does she have rare triple citizenship?

She lost her Lithuanian citizenship. When she was sworn in she took an oath to not apply for other citizenships or it would invalidate her Lithuanian passport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information