1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi all! No longer will threads be closed after 1000 (ish) messages. We may close if one gets so long to cause an issue and if you would like a thread closed to start a new one after a 1000 posts then just use the "Report Post" function. Enjoy!

Memorabilia

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by eatonrobert, Aug 23, 2011.

1. eatonrobert

eatonrobert New Member

My father worked at the Broadmoor for over 57 years. He ushered the hockey games, ran the music for the skaters, ran the Zamboni, did construction for the events---you name it, he probably did it. In that time he collected a lot of the programs from the Pops On Ice, National Skating Championships, CC Hockey programs, etc. I am trying to find out if there is any type of historical society for the skating clubs and if so, would they be interested in looking at what I have from my father's collection. Can anyone give me a name or telephone number of someone to contact? Thank you.

2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  3. overedge

overedge Janny uber

There is also the Pro Skating Historical Foundation, which is trying to preserve the history of professional and show skating. There is a "contact us" link on their website, and also a link on the "donate" page to send information if you want to donate memorabilia.

http://www.proskatinghistoricalfoundation.org/about.html

4. eatonrobert

eatonrobert New Member

Thank you, both, for your suggestions. I knew if I posted, someone would head me in the correct direction.

5. BittyBug

BittyBug Dispirited

I hope you find a good home for your dad's collection. :)