Margo Robbie producing a Tonya Harding comedy (movie)

slicekw

Searching for a great dog park.
https://variety.com/2016/film/news/...rding-biopic-i-tonya-distribution-1201940053/

The script is on "the black list," which is the list of the best unproduced scripts in Hollywood. It's supposed to be enormously funny. It looks like Margo Robbie will produce and star in it.

This is a hell of a lot more interesting than the article on People, which was basically just an ad for a silly TV docushow that purports to have "new information" that is not really new.

Now, I'm wondering who they'll get to skate double.

BaileyCatts

Is this movie going to be a theater release? Netflix? Cable release? It seems like a very limited audience for a theater release, especially some almost 25 years later? Unless the purpose is to hit right during 2018 Olympics?

Daena

Funny.
Sebastian Stan already did gymnastics comedy, will do figure skating comedy, he just needs to star in tennis comedy to do my favourite sports hat-trick.

Anita18

It depends!
Funny.
Sebastian Stan already did gymnastics comedy, will do figure skating comedy, he just needs to star in tennis comedy to do my favourite sports hat-trick.
Crossing fingers! He has apparently expressed interest in doing more comedies, but people keep on casting him as tragic (usually gay) characters emotionally abused by father figures. My friend said that was because he just cries so pretty. :rofl:

Bellanca

Good Lord! Is this movie necessary? How many time does this saga need to be exploited? :cat: :blah: This smacks of a colossal :gallopin1 ... :scream: :scream: And a comedy to boot?! Sheesh! :lol:

jenniferlyon

I'm wondering how they'll put a fresh spin on it? Older skating fans such as myself have heard the Tonya-Nancy story over and over again for twenty-plus years. Are the younger fans really that interested in it? My niece enjoyed watching my tapes from 1994, but that's not the same as shelling out $$ to see a fictionalized version of the "scandal" onscreen. Sure, I'll probably go see it, but I'm weird.

VGThuy

Biopics of old subjects can do well if the marketing team knows what it's doing with a little bit of luck in hitting the right time and the right audience. Plus, so many people don't even know this story as surprising as it is to many of us die hard fans.

Daena

I heard that she is a hockey player, so it makes it easier for her to learn how to figure skate.
Well. She is, but her ice skating is not so good...
Just a second, I will google her quote.
Here.
"I always wanted to play ice hockey back in Australia, I’m not sure why, but we didn’t have any ice where I lived. It was very hot, a coastal town. So I played field hockey, but then when I moved to America I was finally able to join a team once I wasn’t contracted to a show. ... I play on a team but I’m definitely the worst on the team. I’m not so good at the ice skating part. The hockey is good, but the ice skating I need to work on."

Winnipeg

Wasn't there already a movie (t.v.) on this topic? Hasn't it been beaten to death already?:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information