Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Congratulations to Madison & Evan on winning the Professional Skaters Association's EDI Award for Best Performance at 2017 Nationals!
The award is based on the "total performance" with an eye to costuming, presentation, music selection, choreography, style, and technique.

Yesterday I posted the news of all the winners here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/in...2017-u-s-nationals.97306/page-16#post-5027124
Best Performance Ice Dance
Madison Chock and Evan Bates - Championship Ice Dance Free Dance Program
PSA Coaches – Igor Shpilband
Choreographers – Christopher Dean, Igor Shpilband
Music Selection – “Under Pressure” by David Bowie and Freddie Mercury
Music Work: Oleg Karpachev, Dmitriy Rubezhov and Igor Shpilband
Costume Designer – Feeling Mathieu Caron
"A formal presentation of these awards will take place during U.S. Figure Skating’s Champs Camp later this year."

Last edited:

Barbara Manatee

I hope they do! I've started to look forward to their FD more than anyone else's, and I never expected that at the start of the season.

Sylvia

Last edited:

vireo

Some nice photos. Thanks for posting Sylvia. Don't think I've ever seen Evan look quite so tiffed. :)

Sylvia

Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Catching Up With Team USA (taped before the final weekend of SOI shows while they were in Colorado Springs) -- Evan said they are working on their [La La Land] FD choreography with Christopher Dean and will return after the tour to continue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IjNr7urffc

ETA: I think this is the first time they've mentioned publicly that Dean would be choreographing their 2017-18 free dance?

Last edited:

DreamsofBliss

Their GP schedule is China and France. Papadakis and Cizeron will be at both and their other main competition in China is Bobrova/Soloviev and in France Weaver/Poje.

flippedstargirl

I'm sad. I thought it could've been a really stylish program for them. I loved their foxtrot SD and their old Hollywood glam SD.

I agree. It also would have played well to the general-I-watch-skating-once-every-four-years crowd as well.

But on the other hand Imagine could do the same. And because something more abstract worked well for them this past season, maybe they decided that would be a better route.

Hopefully they turn what they had for La La Land into an expo number.

Debbie S

Sounds like the season is starting out as a mess already. Sorry
:rolleyes:

Skaters are always making tweaks and sometimes major changes to programs. The season hasn't even started yet and we haven't seen anyone's FDs. I would have preferred La La Land but I'm going to wait until I see the Imagine FD before passing judgment. How about we wait to see everyone's programs before declaring anyone's season "a mess"?

nimi

How about we wait to see everyone's programs before declaring anyone's season "a mess"?
What, we should refrain from baseless speculation and needless catastrophizing?!? NEVAH!! :drama:

But seriously, teams like C/B and WeaPo have shown us in the past that they can handle scrapping programs AFTER competing them in senior-Bs and quickly coming up with new ones without ruining their season, so...

I'm not sold on the 'Imagine' concept, but then again I was very 'meh' and 'blah' about their Rachmaninov throughout the 2015-16 season -- yet somehow C/B made me appreciate that program and even like it when they skated it in Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information