1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi all! No longer will threads be closed after 1000 (ish) messages. We may close if one gets so long to cause an issue and if you would like a thread closed to start a new one after a 1000 posts then just use the "Report Post" function. Enjoy!

LP score = 2 x SP score?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by kukkura, Jun 17, 2010.

1. kukkura

kukkura Active Member

I was wondering if there are any top level singles skaters whose best LP score is more than 2 x their best SP score? Isn't that how they should be proportioned, SP 1/3 and LP 2/3 of the total?

I checked the PB's of all the Top 12 ladies and men from Vancouver and found none. The best LP/SP ratios are for Akiko Suzuki (197,3%) and Laura Lepistö (196,3%). That's also weird, because men's LP is longer with an extra jumping pass. The best male ratio is for Takahashi (194,8%) and most of the others are below 190%.

The worst ratio for the 24 skaters I checked is Kiira Korpi (169,0%) but in Vancouver she was one of the very few who actually scored more than 2/3 of her total points in the LP.

2. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

Do you count Nationals scores? If so, Joannie's LP score at the 2010 Nationals is more than 2x her best SP score

ETA: Shawn Sawyer also more than doubled his best SP score in international competition
    ETA2: And Ryan Bradley as well

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  3. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Will taking a step sequence/spiral sequence out of the SP make any difference? Maybe up to 4 points gone from some SPs?

4. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

Ok, this is all I think of at the moment:

Men: Adrian Schultheiss, Jeremy Ten, Kristoffer Berntsson, Javier Fernandez, Shawn Sawyer, Ryan Bradley
    Ladies: Kimmie Meissner, Diane Szmiett