1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ladies Planning triple-triple combos at Nationals

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by johndockley92, Jan 12, 2012.

1. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

Who all is planning triple triple combos (or 2A + 3T) at nationals (SP and/or FS)?

How do you think they will fare?

Is it a good or bad decision to plan them, in your opinion.

Off the top of my head....

Czisny
    Wagner
    Keiser
    Jiang
    Wang
    Zawadzki
    Gao

Possibly Flatt, Zhang, and/or Nagasu may include them too?

Also Interesting to note that I believe Gold, Long, Kulgeyko, Cain, and Edmunds will try them at the Junior level.

I may be wrong though - feel free to correct me. I'm just curious how you all think they will do based on their decision to do (or not to do) the triple-triple combination.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia Still recovering from Worlds...

For reference, chipso1 posted a summary of the past 2 seasons' 3-3 attempts (focusing on the Senior ladies) in the US Ladies thread #2 last month: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3415287&highlight=chipso1#post3415287

P.S. This topic is also being discussed in US Ladies thread #3 here in the Trash Can (both Czisny and Nagasu said in their respective pre-Nationals media teleconferences this week that their focus is not on 3-3 combos at Nationals).

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  3. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

Ah yes how could i forget about Yasmin...

4. Jarrett

Jarrett Firebird for worlds!

Alissa isn't according to the last article. Neither is Mirai.

5. mag

mag Well-Known Member

I believe Amelie Lacoste is planning a 3loop/3loop. ;)

Sylvia and (deleted member) like this.
  6. peibeck

peibeck Simply looking

I think we'll see more 3/3 attempts in the junior ladies at US Nationals then the senior ladies. ;)

7. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

Not true. They said the focus was off the triple triple, not that they weren't doing it. Also Alissa stated that she was doing the 2A + 3T combo

8. Jarrett

Jarrett Firebird for worlds!

Considering she just lost all her jumps two weeks ago I doubt she will be whipping off the triple triples. She needs more time to watch TV.

And 2a + 3t is not a triple triple.

9. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I think the 2axel/3toe is about as likely from Alissa as a 3lutz/3toe. To be honest, the 3/3 seems more likely as her landings on the 3lutz (when at their best) are usually better than the landings on her 2axels. I will be surprised if she even goes for the 3toe on the end of the 2axel. Since she is leaving out the salchow then just do the toe as a solo jump.