1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We have updated the board style and hope you like it. If you don't, you can switch back by going to https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?misc/style Select V Bulletin 3.0 style.

Jane Summersett/Todd Gilles appreciation thread

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Still recovering from Worlds...

I thought this team deserves their own thread instead of being buried in the one on Samuelson/Bates' coaching change:
    I believe Todd is retiring, but I don't know about Jane.

2. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

Thanks Sylvia. I really liked them at Nationals and am truly bummed that they've split. I met Jane's parents on the bus in Spokane and they were so nice and they were so proud. Their OD was fabulous.

3. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I <3ed them, especially their 'Summertime' program. I'll miss them.

4. azskatefan

azskatefan New Member

They're both amazing people!

5. reese

reese Well-Known Member

I really liked them. I was hoping they'd give it 4 more years together.

6. sk8gr8h8

sk8gr8h8 Lurrrrve Laura Lepistö

Me too. :( I'll miss them!

7. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

I'll really miss them, they were like a breath of fresh air.

8. BittyBug

BittyBug Living in a Kleptocracy

I agree completely, OlieRow. In a sea of sameness, their programs always had something original that made them stand out. I liked this team, and will miss them.

9. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't know that. I knew Jane when she trained in Marlboro with Elliot and she's such a sweet girl. I hope Jane finds another partner soon.

10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I loved their Country OD/Peruvian OD/20's OD. They were always very well choreographed! In regards to FD, I loved "La Strada" and this years was good too! They will be missed.

11. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I enjoyed them a lot, especially at Skate America a couple of years ago in the 20s OD. I still find them more interesting to watch than S&B, though I understand S&B's technical command. (It just leaves me cold.)

Has she announced any future plans?

12. icedance21

icedance21 New Member

That's too bad about their split. I wish them well. Is Todd going to coach?

13. Capella

Capella Guest

There is an article on the new ice-dance.com about the split, with lots of quotes about their future.

I'm going to miss some of their crazy lifts. :(

14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear that Todd is continuing with his video of the day. I hope they both find great success in their post skating lives. And maybe Todd will find another partner!

15. reese

reese Well-Known Member

They are both really nice people but I was never really sure if they got along very well.