1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We have updated the board style and hope you like it. If you don't, you can switch back by going to https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?misc/style Select V Bulletin 3.0 style.

In case you've wondered whatever happened to Deanna Stellato . . .

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by manleywoman, May 21, 2013.

1. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

2. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link manleywoman. I remember Deanna from 2000 Nationals and from a tv broadcast. She was talented and had a lot of promise. Such a shame about the hip injury. I'm glad to see that she has found something that she enjoys doing and she certainly looks good.

3. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100204&content_id=8019350&vkey=ice_news

Here's an older article about her. I barely remember her and had no idea she had such great early results. She earned a 6.0 for presentation at the Keri Lotion Classic. It's sad thinking what could have been.

The hip injury still bothers her. It almost sounds like she has a labral tear, which so many skaters have. I hope that she has gotten adequate medical care and was not misdiagnosed.

4. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing her the year when she skated as a one-stop, local guest in the Chicago show of Champions On Ice (she was from one of our suburbs), sometime before her injury but after she was getting a lot of attention. I assume this was in 2000, but I don't really remember very clearly (the shows from that era sort of fade together with the passing of time). I was sure at the time that Stellato was going to be part of a new roster of U.S. stars in women's skating, including Sasha Cohen and Jennifer Kirk. The career-ending injury was thus really sad to me. But I'm glad she's found a career, which is better than some figure skating champions can say!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Wow, I don't remember her. But she was a beautiful skater.

Found her last competitive program, Skate Canada 2000 (where she had her career-ending injury). Very sad, this was still a nice program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UzrvJr20tM

6. BittyBug

BittyBug Living in a Kleptocracy

7. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

Yes, thank goodness she seems to have found something she really enjoys doing post-skating career. She seems very happy!

8. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

I loved her skating, great to know she's found success! :40beers:

9. overedge

overedge Janny uber

10. jlai

jlai Title-less

I adored her skating. I wish she had a slightly longer senior career by not attempting that 3 sal/3 lp combo but that was shortly after Tara won gold with her own loop combos

11. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Girl had everything. That program from Keri Lotion said it all. She had very developed, beautiful presentation which is a lot more than you can say for most of the 17-year-old skaters.
    It really was a real shame..

12. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that she has found success in what she does. I enjoyed her very much on the ice.

13. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Yahoo, Mountain Dew!!!

Congrats Deanna on your partnering with Nate, and welcome back to competitive figure skating! :cheer: