1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi all! No longer will threads be closed after 1000 (ish) messages. We may close if one gets so long to cause an issue and if you would like a thread closed to start a new one after a 1000 posts then just use the "Report Post" function. Enjoy!

If you wanted a Skating Partner,what type of arranged Partnership would you want?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Sep 22, 2011.

What type of Partnership would you want?

1. A plain match-up just from my coach.

50.0%
  2. A Brother/Sister Partnership with my Sibling.

7.1%
  3. A Partnership with a Friend

42.9%
  4. A partnership with a Family Friend.

7.1%
  5. A partnership with a Schoolmate.

7.1%
  6. A Partnership with a Workmate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other.

35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok.....I don't think we've ever talked about this. But what I want to ask you all today is...if you wanted a Skating Partner....what type of Partnership would you want? Please mark all that apply. Please include if you would do Dance or Pairs. I myself would do Both Pairs and Dance. If I had to choose though. I'd say Dance.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. overedge

overedge Janny uber

I think the most important thing would be someone I could skate with and who I got along with. It wouldn't really matter who introduced me to them or how I met them.

3. Synchkat

Synchkat New Member

I put partnership with a friend and it would be for dance.
    I already skated with my brother and that ain't happening again (he hasn't skated since we quit competing and is now a cop). It's certainly easy when you skate with a sibling because there's always mom and dad to referee but now I'd want to skate with a friend because since I'm an adult skating is purely for fun.

4. Frau Muller

Frau Muller #1 Dick Button Fan

I voted "other" because I want my rich daddy to find me a Russian Hunk pair partner, and pay my expenses while I live and train in St. Petersburg. (wink)

5. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

:rofl: Ditto!

6. julianaqtpi

julianaqtpi New Member

I would do both pairs and dance if I got the opportunity, but I love ice dance so I would pick that over pairs. I'm working on my pre-silver dances, and I've tested the standard track and solo track, but there are no ice dancing males in my area except one, and he's not interested in competing with a partner, plus he's on a lower level for dance than I am.

I wouldn't care, I just would love to find an ice dance partner. Any kind of match-up would work, I'd be okay with anything. Of course a friend would be nice, but like I said, there are no male dancers around here except that one.

7. IceStar101

IceStar101 New Member

Probably Free although I sometimes do dance pairs for compulsory dances xx

8. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Absolutely. That's my case.
    But it's not only a matter of friendship. I need to feel good and comfortable, and it's harder to find than just a friend. lol

9. Synchkat

Synchkat New Member

So true to the bolded. You don't want skating with a partner to be a "chore".