1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We have updated the board style and hope you like it. If you don't, you can switch back by going to https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?misc/style Select V Bulletin 3.0 style.

How did you become a Synchronized Skater?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Sep 2, 2011.

How did you become a Synchro.?

1. I joined by following the footsteps of a Family Member.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A synchronized Skating Team took me right on after just being asked to skate for 1 Day.

20.0%
  3. My coach suggested that I was just good enough.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

80.0%
  1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,I've been interested to know how all our Synchronized Skaters on this Board became Synchronized Skaters? I mean...did you have a Synchro. in your family and wanted to follow in their footsteps? Did a Team invite you as a person they just asked to skate with them for a Day and you turned out in the end to be so compatable (sorry if I spelled that wrong) they decided to let you join as a full-fledged Member? Did you coach suggest it? How DID you become one? You may include your Team name. But it is optional.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  2. LilJen

LilJen Reaching out with my hand sensitively

Heh, I got roped into it. I was at a public session (this was just prior to my starting LTS in my current location, after doing some LTS years back, so I was relatively steady on the ice, although not great) and two of the other adults on the session sidled up to me and introduced themselves and invited me to skate. . . At the time I'd never even heard of synchronized skating.

3. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

A friend wanted to start a new team and she needed members. I did synchro for only one year.

4. Synchkat

Synchkat New Member

I was bored of doing dances by myself and decided to try something new.
    The next year a good friend started a team which I think I will be a part of for the rest of my life! There are 5 of us original skaters on the team this year. Some come and go but there's a "core" of us who always end up coming back and will be on our death beds and still thinking about how to get to the rink! :)