1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi all! No longer will threads be closed after 1000 (ish) messages. We may close if one gets so long to cause an issue and if you would like a thread closed to start a new one after a 1000 posts then just use the "Report Post" function. Enjoy!

Golden Globes Broadcast Today

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Allskate, Jan 16, 2011.

1. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Joan on Lea Michele: "She's such a phony bitch!"

2. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Brightest Small Screen Sirens:

Olivia Wilde: Joan: Beautiful, gorgeous, etc. Kelly would have put hair in high ponytail. Rancid: dress is spectacular.

Lea Michelle: Joan: Looked amazing in dress but call her a phony bitch with crocodile tears. George says it was a lot of dress and didn't work from every angle. Kelly says fabric was too stiff to be that color and disappointed. Rancid says dress swallowed her.

Piper Perabo: Joan: Wonderful, simple, elegant. Kelly: Look couldn't have gotten any better. Best dressed by Kelly and Rancid.

Amber from Glee: Joan: looks precious (crowd laughs, Joan amends to Half-Precious). George has her as Best-Dressed nominee.

Leighton Meister: Joan: a triumph for her but for anyone else it would be shit. George agrees. Kelly is completely "WTF?" I hadn't seen her - that dress is atrocious.

Bitch Stole My Look: Golden Globes Edition :cheer2:

Tilda Swinton vs. Kate Bosworth: Joan hates Tilda, calls her beady-eyed, wants to make sure she's still a woman. Kelly commends her minimalist style. Rancid says obvious Bosworth wore it better.

Man Candy up next.

Commercial.

3. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Right? I think she's incredible.

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm actually looking forward to Joan and Melissa's new reality series.

4. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Could someone please explain to me exactly what any of the Kardashians have done for E! to constantly lick their asses and overexpose them to death?

5. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

On Christian Bale: "Doesn't he look just like Jesus, only Jesus wasn't an asshole?"

Allen and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I think Joan should have hosted the awards. Her celebrity digs are so funny. I was :rofl: at the Kardashian comment.

Oh my god...on Christian Bale "Doesn't he look just like Jesus, only Jesus wasn't an asshole." :rofl:

7. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Man Candy up now….

Matt Bomer: Joan's not sure who he is but says it doesn't matter. George says he's soooo hot. Kelly has him as Best Dressed nominee.

RDJ: Only guy who went from black one night, like the Kardashians :rofl: . George doesn't know why he's wearing that Prada suit.

Johnny Depp: Joan: How many busboys tried to sell him weed? :rofl: . George says he was disrespectful and needs to dress it up. Kelly and Rancid vehemently disagree.

Christian Bale: Joan: Looks like Jesus but Jesus wasn't an asshole. Calls him whacko-crazy. All agree that from neck down he looked great but the hair and beard were :scream: .

Worst Dressed Up Next

8. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

:rofl: We phrased it the same way at the same time :)

9. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I don't know, I'm going through a hippie phase and Bale's hair and beard are kind of hot to me :)

10. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Oh, forgot snark about Natalie Portman: Joan said she looked to "matchy-matchy," like a little girl dressed her like a Barbie with all the red matching accessories :rofl: .

11. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Ditto, but I don't think the network censors would be happy :rofl:

12. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

He was rocking a bit too much of the Charles Manson vibe for me to think he was hot :scream: .

13. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Okay, now you ruined it :rofl:

"Michelle, look in a mirror, Valentino hates your f***** guts" :rofl:

Interesting that they chose Ann Hathaway as best and Michelle Williams in worst. I thought Michelle Williams's dress was horrible. :rofl: that Alexa Chung picked her as best dressed last night. I wasn't sure about Ann Hathaway's dress at first, but the more I see, the more I think it is totally genius.

14. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Best Dressed: George: January Jones. Kelly: Angelina Jolie. Rancid: Anne Hathaway.

Winner: Anne

Worst: Rancid: Michelle Williams. George: Heidi Klum Kelly: Leighton Meisster.

Winner: Michelle.

Final snark from Joan: Michelle, look in the mirror - Valentino hates your fcuking guts :rofl: :eek: .

15. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I didn't mind that it was long...I minded that it looked like it wasn't washed or brushed lol. Christian you are no Johnny Depp....keep it cleaner looking because you can't pull off scruffy.

and LOL @ Joan's "Valentino f***ing hates your guts!" about Michelle William's dress. I personally thought her dress was ok(other than not supporting her boobs well).

16. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:eek: Whoops!! :slinkaway

I still think of him back in the day of Swing Kids and Little Women when I was fangirly over him.

17. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

Goodness gracious. I HATED Anne Hathaway's dress.

18. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I thought it was kind of dated looking. And she's always been odd-looking to me anyway. Something about her eyes and mouth that look terminally clown-like.

19. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Isn't she a client of Rachel Zoe's? That dress looked like something team Zoe would pick.

20. my little pony

my little pony war crawling into canada

god no because she trots out that glum no talent long faced daughter whenever she gets a chance

21. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

22. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

God, I know, like on Celebrity Apprentice. Again, I'm looking forward to Joan and Melissa's reality series because it's going to be a humongous train wreck. I think Joan is golden, I love her.

23. my little pony

my little pony war crawling into canada

i cant love joan unless i can go back in time and sterilize her like the terminator

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Enjoying Vicarious Voids!

Adored Anne's dress. It's not a look that would work for everyone, but I thought she rocked it. And the shoulder pads are coming back.

25. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

BTW, I want to say I saw this on ET, but not sure, but...Natalie changed dresses inbetween the show and one of the After Parties. It was a really light greyish-whitish colour of chiffon looking fabric and was almost like a halter top wise, but not really either. There was also either Swaroski crystals or rhinestones looking like diamonds bordering both the neckline and the armholes.

I was one of the ones who liked her "rose" dress last night, but this one was even better and far more flattering to Natalie. I couldn't after seeing that, and still don't, understand why she or her stylist didn't pick that one for the entire night for Natalie.

26. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

I find the fashion police very :rofl:
    I thought there was a video there, but anyhow here it is.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  27. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Did no one else think the illision fabric was weird weird weird?

I thought the inclusion of it made it look cheap and matronly. Like Betty White matronly.

28. allezfred

allezfred Master/Mistress of Sneer Staff Member

Looking forward to seeing Joan Rivers tonight. Wheee! :rofl:

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

IIRC, tonight at 6pm ET on Bravo. :)

30. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Thanks, darling! :)