1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glamour Pusses Unite! "I think I have an addiction problem"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by topaz, Feb 9, 2016.

1. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Just a heads up for anyone who likes the Urban Decay Vice lipstick....Sephora is offering the shade Venom (a pretty berry shade with a pearl finish) as a 100 point Beauty Insider Reward this week.

I may or may not have placed an order last night just so I could get the lipstick.... :shuffle:

I was in the market for a new moisturizer anyway so it's all good. :lol:

I picked up the Skyn Iceland Arctic Hydrating Balm. It rated well for dry sensitive skin so I hope I will like it. :watch:

myhoneyhoney, kosjenka and IceAlisa like this.
  2. once_upon

once_upon weary

Damn, my week is full. Hopefully I can get there on Friday.

3. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Um... no? I'm so short that no heels would make me look taller, hence I might as well be comfortable (said the person who wears jeans and tshirt to the office, because the computer doesn't care what do I look like)

Tavi, FiveRinger and kosjenka like this.
  4. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

I did mine online.

I would double check with your local store before going in just to be sure it's there and not all gone.

5. quartz

quartz not qualified

I'm 5' 2" and never felt the need to be taller. Wearing heels would actually make me shorter cuz I'd fall down and be rolling around on the ground.

6. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Please do share your review - I'm curious about this brand and wondering if it's all style and no substance.

7. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

I defintely will.

My order will be delivered sometime between Jan 11-16. :watch:

8. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Thanks. I gave it a try on the weekend when I wan't going anywhere...I think I'll just keep practicing. It felt like there was a very thin line between the liner and my lashes where I could see skin. Yuck.

I do use the Too Faced 3-Way for tightlining and I adore it - it's so easy.

What do you use for liner on the bottom? I usually just use an angle brush to apply a bit of brown/taupe shadow. I see lots of photos these days where they where nothing on the bottom..just a bit of mascara. I think it's pretty.

9. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I do a modified tightline - I dab in eyeliner pencil at the base of my lashes from below, maybe fill in a bit above the lashline, then smudge with a bit of shadow. For regular day makeup, I usually use the same brush to lightly dust the lower lash line with whatever's on the brush rather than actually lining them.

I have very sparse lashes, so I find a medium to dark colour is essential for a fuller look, along with mascara of course.

10. my little pony

my little pony war crawling into canada

i dont do much on the bottom. sometimes i put a little something in the outer corner but never the whole line.

11. quartz

quartz not qualified

For daytime I rarely do anything with the bottom of my eyes, no liner, no shadow, and no mascara ever on my bottom lashes. When I want to be a little more fancy on the bottom I put liner very softly, smudge it so its no longer a line, and then take my usual dark plum, purple or burgundy shadow and smudge that under there too.
    Smudging is my thing, I hate visible drawn lines, I think it ages me.

12. Weve3

Weve3 Well-Known Member

:lol: You do that too?! ;)

Urban Decay Vice lipsticks are addicting, to say the least…

Venom is a lovely, vibrant shade, but a bit too dark for me to pull off. I received Native as a gift, recently and I was concerned it would be way too Pepto-Bismol like, but it is not -- "Whew!" I really like it, it works, and it is very pretty.

I also like bareMineral's Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss line. This gloss is not your typical goopy, gloppy, sticky, tacky looking stuff to run away from, but rather an excellent lip product, especially good for, and if one is dealing with, chronic dryness, flaking, peeling or weather-induced chapped lips, etc. It instantly hydrates and smooths with a nice, soothing *tingle* effect. Love it! Rebel is very flattering.

Switching gears to eyeshadows -- M.A.C eyeshadows have never failed me. No creasing and lasts all day. Great colors and textures, too.

Very possible that these products have been discussed (a few times) already, but they help me get through the day, and I have just recently ventured into this thread. So, forgive me if it all sounds like a broken record.

PRlady likes this.
  13. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I recently ordered Daniel Sandler watercolour liquid blushes..... and I'm in LOVE. I bought Glow (a neutral bronze) and Flush (pretty pink). I use Glow along my cheekbones - it doesn't really add colour, it just helps my pasty skin look a little healthier. It's also nice dabbed on my eyelids as a subtle shadow. I use Flush on the apples of my cheeks and it's AMAZING.

I'd never heard of these before, and don't know anyone who has tried them, but I went out on a limb and am so happy I did.

kosjenka likes this.
  14. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I never place a Sephora order unless there's a Beauty Deal I want (the promo codes) and 1-2 free samples (so often it's all perfumes). If I can use a few points for something I want, even better. I'll just leave it all in my cart, wait for the moment, then strike :)

15. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

I got the Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm with the promo code. :D

I have been dying to try this product. Cross fingers it is good.

I used my Hyaluronic Acid Sheet Mask from Tony Moley last night.

It was okay. I feel like it softened my skin a little and my makeup applied really nicely today.

But it was my first time using a sheet mask and I didn't like the cold, clammy, wet feeling of it on my face. :yikes:

I also didn't like that you can't really move around with it on your face.

Overall, I kind of feel like I already have products at home (Vichy sleeping balm, and Laneige Water mask) that are just as good that I like better.

Long story short, even if I was somewhere where I could buy it again, I'm not sure if I would. :shuffle:

But it's not bad or anything.

And if you like the format of sheet masks, it's worth a try.

16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado

I used my highest strength def con 1 Dr. Gross pad this morning after a shower and Clarisonic, followed by CE Ferulic by SkinMedica and Daily Defense cream. Feel and look like a new woman. I heart Dr. Gross.

myhoneyhoney likes this.
  17. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

I also own Amulet and I love it so much. :swoon:

Weve3 likes this.
  18. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Boy #2 needed new jeans so I took him to the mall and made a quick stop at Sephora. I got the little Venom lipstick! I also got the Origins Night-a-Mins. Still researching if I want to get the Mia2 or something else.

19. once_upon

once_upon weary

I went to Sephora this afternoon and spent $$$. Moisturizer, anti-aging serum and Vice lip color.
    I've got to stop! I hadn't bought lipstick in years...now I own an array of them all in the last 3 months

20. myhoneyhoney

While putting Venom into my lipstick drawer I saw my favirite Jan and Feb lipstick shade: Revlon's Cherries In the Snow. I will keep buying that sucker until I die.

21. kosjenka

kosjenka Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother

Revlon Cherries in the snow is a classic.
    I am on my way to work with to makeup. I may put some on when ai get to my office, but who knows. I am feelin adventerous

22. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Cherries in the Snow always reminds me of my mom and her friends when I was growing up. They loved it and wore it all the time.

I almost bought one the other day.

My mom doesn't wear it much lately but she does love her darker red (vampy) lipsticks.

I am at work today with makeup on but nothing done with my hair except for running a brush through it. This could be interesting.

I have thick hair that can't decide if it wants to be straight, wavy or curly. I usually have to help it decide one way or the other. Lol...but no time this morning. :watch:

Re: Vice lipsticks

I had myself on a lipstick moratorium until I discovered those. :swoon:

once_upon likes this.
  23. Hindernisse

Hindernisse Well-Known Member

I had a sample of it which lasted for a good week and I was not entirely convinced by this product. Out of all non-foaming gel/balm cleansers that I've tried, I like Oskia Renaissance gel the best.

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

@skategal I love Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm! I use it nighttime for a deeper cleanse, and then spritz the Queen of Hungary Mist (which I think is useless as a skincare product but smells so pretty!). Their moisturizers are also lovely - beautifully scented, very luxurious, and I love my skin in the morning. They have some uber expensive creams that are incredible - I've carefully used just a bit at a time from the sample packets because there's no way I'm ever buying the full size without a winning lottery ticket :)

skategal likes this.
  25. PRlady

PRlady flipflack

:fragile:

I'm dying of jealousy here.

26. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I got the 100 pt Vice lipstick at Sephora today. Tried it on and I'm not sure the color is for me. BUT...put lip balm on later and just drank hot chocolate and it is still on.

I need this lipstick in my life.

fan and myhoneyhoney like this.
  27. TheGirlCanSkate

TheGirlCanSkate Well-Known Member

My day is gloomy so I thought I'd get a new lipstick. The drug store is the closest - any thoughts on a matte drugstore lip brand? Any tips? I've never tried a matte because I have a pretty big mouth so I usually wear a sheer gloss.

28. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Maybelline has the best drugstore mattes.

They are launching a new line of nudes next week I think.

Andora likes this.
  29. myhoneyhoney

Matte lipsticks: I've tried the Maybelline and Wetn'Wild, both were fine. Just make sure to hydrate your lips well before and after. I've heard NYX makes decent ones but I'm not sure what they're called.

I bought the Mia 2 that came with the sensitive brush. Should I buy the Radiance brush?

30. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

I've found the NYX matte lipsticks and the lip lingerie (liquid mattes) to be some of the best drugstore mattes. ColourPop (online only) makes very good liquid mattes as well and are quite affordable.

For me, I have to exfoliate and moisturize my lips well before applying.

Andora likes this.