1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi all! No longer will threads be closed after 1000 (ish) messages. We may close if one gets so long to cause an issue and if you would like a thread closed to start a new one after a 1000 posts then just use the "Report Post" function. Enjoy!

Glamour Puss 2: No recession here

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hedwig

Hedwig WoolSilk Fanatic

Thanks! :) I would have been glad with a tip anyway, even if it hadn't worked. I just have to try things and see how they go with my hair.
    It doesn't really lie that much better I think but my hair feels much silkier! :) Even my boyfriend commented on the fact that now my hair couldn't be sold as a shaving brush anymore. :lol:

:lol: I got it from the UK. Cost only about 3$ in delivery. So great. :)

I got the one with the pump. Thanks for the tip. I used two pumps yesterday so I will tone it down today.

For Christmas I have been to Douglas yesterday and brought three items from Lancome (mascara, blush and one little bath bubble) and paid nearly 70€. :scream:
    The mascara better be worth it. :mad:
    ;)

2. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm in a northern suburb. I never knew about a Perfumania in Tonawanda - perhaps you're thinking of the Niagara Falls outlet? That's actually just called "Fragrance Outlet", I looked it up. There's only a Perfumania at Walden Galleria, which is east of the city in Cheektowaga, and I have no idea if they carry NYX (but it'd be awesome).

A location in Tonawanda would be amazing, because Galleria is :yikes: right now, and the outlet mall is a bit of a hike for me. And dangerous because they have a CCO with lots of cheap MAC.

3. cruisin

cruisin Banned Member

It will improve even more after a few uses. :)

It is! :)

4. Stefanie

Stefanie Well-Known Member

I did the Euro to dollar conversion in my head and even that seems steep for 3 Lancome products. Or perhaps it has been awhile since I bought Lancome but I don't remember it ever costing close to $140 for a mascara, blush, and bath bubbles. :eek:

5. Hedwig

Hedwig WoolSilk Fanatic

70€ are about $100. Still a lot.

6. beepbeep

beepbeep Brazilian Eurotrash

Ok, Glamour Puss also means fabulous shoes, right???

So, I gave in. I got myself a pair of 3inch (I'm 1,80m after all :p) pair of simple leather, pale beige high heels. Not cheap (for my standarts anyway...). I am LOVING how they make my legs look longer and that they actually match my skin color. Nothing like a nnice pair of shoes to make a gal feel better (do I sense a little Carrie Bradshaw syndrom ? :lol:)

So, any shoe shopping for the Holidays???

And, oh: Merry Christhmas, Glamour Puss !!!! :cheer:

7. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Nope no shoe shopping.. but boyfriend got me the MAC eyeshadow compact that I wanted! Also a beautiful pair of earrings (from an actual jewelry store!) and a crap load of other stuff that has nothing to do with beauty but was super cool none the less haha. He spoiled me.. again :)

8. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Mr. Stormy unexpectedly gave me a $50 E-giftcard to Sephora! :cheer2: Now I can splurge on my Bliss Naked Body Butter!

9. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I'm now the proud owner of a $75.00 giftcard to use at Ulta :cheer2: . The :drama: is going to be deciding what to get :lol: .

Mom also got me Ralph Lauren's Romance gift set - 3.4 oz. parfum, 3.4 oz. each of lotion and bath gel, and a miniature of the parfum :swoon: .

Has anyone here ever used Neutrogena's battery-operated skin buffer/exfoliator? MiniCyn wants one of those, and before I drop $25 US on one, I'd like to know if it's worth it.

10. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

I thought it was crap. Save your money. I don't really have an alternative to suggest, though. :(

11. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

If anyone else is into LUSH...now is the time of year for their big blow-out sale on Christmas stuff (both online and in-store.)

This year it is buy 1, get 2 free.

I got 12 bathbombs + 3 bathmelts (bought a giftbox) for $40. Wheeeeeeee!!

I also did a little Sephora online shopping too. hehe!

12. Andora

Andora Skating season ends as baseball season begins

No Sephora cards for me this year (probably because mom knows I've spent enough there of late :shuffle:), but I see they're having a sale. :shuffle: :shuffle: :shuffle: ;) But everyone's cards should go that much further, I'd think. :D

13. cruisin

cruisin Banned Member

Andora, did you get your gels?

14. Andora

:shuffle: I did, but I was really dumb and went to a local cheapie salon. They grinded my nails (only a touch) and used glue for the tips. Shortly into the grinding I thought to leave, but talked to the technician and decided to suck it up and deal with my mistake.

They feel okay, and aren't too hard to use. I do want them off when I get back to work, though. Typing isn't so much fun. :p But they've done well so far.

15. vesperholly

Ulta has Essie seasonal nail polishes on super-duper clearance! I got Sag Harbor and Shelter Island (spring) for $2 and Mint Candy Apple (holiday) for $4. :cheer2:

16. Andora

I WAS JUST THERE. DAMN IT. :lol: (I thought bagging gold, taupe and "rockstar skinny" on the 3 for 2 was decent)

I had the worst timing, it appears. Target rolled out its Rodarte white line the DAY AFTER I returned home to Targetlessanada. :wuzrobbed:

17. vesperholly

Aww :) I think they were only put on sale after Christmas - weren't you there before?

18. cruisin

cruisin Banned Member

A good place won't glue on tips or grind your actual nails. They will build forward if you want your nails longer than your natural nails. They use a foil covered paper shape, with adhesive underneath. They put the shape under your nail and stick it together under your finger, this provides a sort of armature, to build the nail on. I keep mine rather short, so they do not interfere with typing, etc. Too bad you did not have a good experience. You might try again with a better salon. If you do, I would grow your natural nails as long as you want them to be and have them put the gels on top of your nails. I only need mine extended if one breaks, and that is rare.

19. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

I feel your pain.

I'm in Targetlesscanada too. And there is no Sephora where I live either. :mitchell:

Plus...when I went to order the 4 pack of Calvin Klein mini nailpolishes from Sephora last night, they were all sold out. :(

20. AnnM

AnnM Well-Known Member

I have very dark hair and the best dry shampoo I have used is Green Rootine by Jonathan Product. It's a powder that goes on with a twist-up brush. No mess, no weird grayish tinge and a little goes a long way.

21. fan

fan Well-Known Member

thank you so much - now where can i find this product (live in canada, but travel to the US often).

22. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

MiniCyn and I went to Ulta today, fully armed - me with a $75.00 gift card and she with $30.00 in cash :bribe: :glamor: :bribe: :glamor:

HUGE sales/clearance going on this week :cheer2:

We loaded up - between us, we walked out of there with

- 3 new eyeliners (raisin, teal, and cobalt)
    - a new mascara (both Ulta's own line - their own line is Buy 2 Get 2 Free)
    - shampoo (some fancy-smancy brand whose name escapes me ATM :eek: )
    - conditioner (both made for super-straight styling)
    - Glittery hand sanitizer (not mine :rofl: )
    - lavender/chamomile microwaveable neck wrap
    - tuberose-scented soy candle (~10 oz.)
    - Redken flat-iron spray
    - the Neutrogena battery-operated exfoliating thingee (dual speed one)
    - box of Neutrogena refill pads for above
    - cuticle nippers
    - concealer (again, Ulta brand)

Not the most exciting list, but we're both :biggrinbo over all the loot.

Unfortunately, the store was insanely low on stock. I was there last weekend, and they were already out of a lot of stuff. Given that, along with what the place was like yesterday, I've no doubt that on Saturday, customers were swarming like a school of piranhas on a feeding frenzy :scream: :yikes: :scream: .

As for the Ulta brand, it doesn't suck, and if I'm experimenting with new colors, I get a less-expensive brand; if it looks :glamor: , I'll buy the pricier stuff in the same shade.

I'm crossing my fingers - we went on and got it as it was $14.50 less 15%. Same discount for the refill pads. MiniCyn hates the whole routine of cleansing, exfoliating, toning, and moisturizing, so I figure that even if it's a POS, it will get her into the habit of using an age-appropriate skin-care regimen. She loves it, so who am I to complain? :lol:

23. Andora

I believe someone else posted that they liked the Wave once upon a time?

I do the same thing unless I get a really cool pallate with pedestrian AND crazy colours. I very much want to buy any of teh Too Faced pallates for this reason. :p

It's not a bad way to be with clothes either. Trendy stuff I try to buy a bargain-basement prices because soon enough it'll be over. If I like it enough to not care if I look out of date (and to be honest, I always look out of date-- I never stopped wearing boot cuts when everyone was all over skinnies, and I'm never giving up my '40s-inspired dress :p), I'll see if I can get something better quality, but otherwise...

24. silverstars

silverstars New Member

I went to Ulta today too! SO MANY SALES. I nearly died (in the best way possible).

I've got a Sephora gift card that I need to use up. It's for $25, so I'll be able to buy, um, one thing. I was thinking of buying another Tarte cheek stain. I misplaced my old one, but I absolutely loved it. Either that or maybe Nars the Multiple if I like it...

25. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Did she get the Wave or the Healthy Skin Rejuvenator?

I have the Healthy Skin Rejuvenator, and I really like it. My skin feels fantastic after I use it, but I don`t use it as often as they suggest, twice a week is enough for me.

26. Andora

Attention Canadians!

www.murale.ca

Has anyone gone to one of their stores before? Has it been mentioned and I've forgotten? I'm going to make a pilgrimage-- sorry, trek to one, and will report back. I'm hoping it's our own version of Ulta, but I'm not holding my breath. :p

27. Stefanie

That store looks like it's a lot nicer and more upscale than Ulta. Just from looking at the website and picture of the store.

And they sell Danish GOSH cosmetics!!! I bought some GOSH eyeshadow and lipgloss when I was in a random drugstore in Iceland. I haven't seen that brand since then.

28. Andora

Gosh is at some Shoppers' Drug Marts. :) Is it excellent? It always looks very hip.

29. Stefanie

I could do without the lip gloss, but the eyeshadow is great! Definitely give it a try as I don't think it was all that expensive (of course, I paid in Icelandic kronur before their currency totally dropped and everything was tres expensive in Iceland). The colors are very hip. The eyeshadow I have is silvery and works well on the lid. :)

30. vesperholly

GOSH Darling lipstick (nude) has a huge following of YouTubers and makeup bloggers. I'm pretty sure it's all lollipop26's fault. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.