German Skating News - Part 3

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Of the Top 35 SB Ladies so far this season, the only Europeans are from RUS, and only three can go to Euros. 36 is Radjicova, 41 J. Helgesson, 42 Olsson, 43 Kulchvalska, 45 Rodeghiero, 46 Galustyan, 53 Lindfors, 55 AL Gjersem, 63 Weinzierl, 64 Toth, 65 Frank, 71 Duskova, 74 Bock, 75 Golovkina, 76 . Add in Meite, who didn't get to finish TEB, and the two German women should be able to retain two spots. Kostner can only compete if they make an exception to let her earn her TES with less than 21 days before Euros.

Men likely will be harder with Fernandez, three Russians, and Samohin in the Top 24, plus 26 Hendrickx, 34 struggling Brezina, 40 Besseghier, 44 Vasiljevs, 45 Amodio, 48 Rizzo, 49 Liebers, 50 Righini, 54 Pavlov, 56 Majorov (donating bone marrow to his dad), 63 Streubel, 69 Ignatenko, 70 Fentz, 72 Bychenko, 73 Harris. But it's doable.

sandra_persch

Looks like Sandy Hoffmann has officially retired too.

She has posted a message on her Facebook page :(

Das Jahr 2015 neigt sich allmählich dem Ende zu.
Was meine leistungssportliche Tätigkeit betrifft, bin ich mit einer sehr ungewissen Zukunft in das Jahr gestartet.
Schon im Dezember 2014 entschied ich, als Einzelläuferin im Eiskunstlauf keine Wettkämpfe mehr zu bestreiten. Zu Beginn dieses Jahres wechselte ich zur Disziplin Eistanz und machte gemeinsam mit meinem Partner große Fortschritte. Allerdings gab es von Beginn an sehr starke zwischenmenschliche Differenzen zwischen meinem Partner und mir. Letztendlich brachten mich eine Schulterverletzung sowie eine weitere Rückenverletzung meines bereits vorgeschädigten Rückens zu der Entscheidung, meine leistungssportliche Laufbahn zu beenden.

figureskatingforlife

So sad for Sandy. She was always very shimmy on the ice.
I've heard apparently that L/P were saying in a interview during nationals that they will change a lot in the SD. Also they mentioned a Top 10 place as possible if everything goes well. Good luck for that! I wouldn't be surprised if they would make it happen.

J

Jeschke

Looks like Sandy Hoffmann has officially retired too.

She has posted a message on her Facebook page :(

Das Jahr 2015 neigt sich allmählich dem Ende zu.
Was meine leistungssportliche Tätigkeit betrifft, bin ich mit einer sehr ungewissen Zukunft in das Jahr gestartet.
Schon im Dezember 2014 entschied ich, als Einzelläuferin im Eiskunstlauf keine Wettkämpfe mehr zu bestreiten. Zu Beginn dieses Jahres wechselte ich zur Disziplin Eistanz und machte gemeinsam mit meinem Partner große Fortschritte. Allerdings gab es von Beginn an sehr starke zwischenmenschliche Differenzen zwischen meinem Partner und mir. Letztendlich brachten mich eine Schulterverletzung sowie eine weitere Rückenverletzung meines bereits vorgeschädigten Rückens zu der Entscheidung, meine leistungssportliche Laufbahn zu beenden.

ah come on; what have i done to deserve such a week? :scream::drama::wuzrobbed

I always liked Hoffmann very much. lots of promsie once...
I really would have liked to see her once more. such a shame, what shitty season she had to end her career.

do you have a link to her the fb page @sandra_persch ?

Xela M

Stop whining everyone :p
S&M are German National champions! Woohoo :40beers: I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful twist EVER and that's normally the element all new pairs struggle with. Aliona for World Champion!! (Although their programs this year are a snooze)

figureskatingforlife

Lorenz / Polizoakis will skate at the Rock the Ice Show 2016 in Peterborough Canada with Skating Stars like Miki Ando, Jeffrey Buttle, Kurt Browning, Duhamel / Radford.
Seems like they convince even big shows with their skating. Good for them!

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Sarah Heckens goodbye message for @alchemy void
https://www.facebook.com/sarah.hecken.fanpage/

not much news. back injury stopped her the way she wanted to, wants to concentrate on her job. thanks to 2938921 people :D

Byebye Sarah!

Thanks for the link, I wrote on her wall. :p

So unfortunate about Liebers--I'll miss that voidy SP at Euros. Although I'm happy for your boytoy Streubel and Fenz...a good opportunity for both.

SamuraiK

UGH.

My best wishes to him. He's had remarkably horrid luck when it's come to injury.

I feel bad for Peter, he even said in an interview he doesn practice othe sports for fun for he fear of gettig injuredd

OH well Fentz will have another chance at Euros after 5 years. Good for him.

Xela M

Tarasova threw some shade on Aliona during her Russian nationals commentary. Apparently, Aliona has yet to land any of her throws (this season) on one foot :p

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Tarasova threw some shade on Aliona during her Russian nationals commentary. Apparently, Aliona has yet to land any of her throws (this season) on one foot :p
And that is because they are a lot higher than they were with Robin. Ari and Eislauffan discussed this. Bruno is taller and stronger than Robin and the twist is much higher and the throws much bigger. She's still learning to control the landings. Their lifts are insanely good. They can easily do a quad twist and I've no doubt she'll get the throw landings under control in due course. The Russians are scared and rightfully so. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information