1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi all! No longer will threads be closed after 1000 (ish) messages. We may close if one gets so long to cause an issue and if you would like a thread closed to start a new one after a 1000 posts then just use the "Report Post" function. Enjoy!

From Russia with love [#26]: Winter to Spring 2017

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

On Thursday I was in Tartu at Alexei Mishin's training camp. Carolina Kostner was there, Lisa Tuktamysheva, Andrei Lazukin, Alexander Petrov, younger ones. Lisa and Alexander were working with new choreographer Adam Solya (Jorik Hendrickx's choreographer) on their free programs. I interviewed Carolina and Lisa together with Andrei, stay tuned. :)
    Alexander Abt has been working as a permanent coach at the rink since one and a half years and he says he is very happy there. His little son Semion already was on the ice ;-). Sascha Abt teaches skating skills in the training camp.

2. barbarafan

barbarafan Well-Known Member

What came first...the chicken or the egg

Was Efimova struggling with jumps because of Pavlova? It is hard to keep up highly athletic moves when you r being starved and tormented...Korovin is my new hero.

Areski and Moka-Ananas like this.
  3. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I believe she was not a strong jumper when she was doing singles, however, in her pair beginnings she did not struggle with jumps. It may be because for pairs she would be doing only toe loop and Salchow, and those are the easier jumps. But last season she was not very consistent with her jumps. There is something on their skating that I really like- the skating skills and the skating they do between the elements. They also have a really high twist. I saw a clip of them working off ice on quad twist. They are currently not up there yet, but I think they could get there with the right coaching.

4. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

:respec: He had such beautiful ones :swoon:

Lizziebeth, Areski, Cherub721 and 2 others like this.
  5. Sylvia

Sylvia Prepping for club comp. season!

Interview with Ekaterina Borisova that was published on May 9th: https://babysport74.ru/ekaterina-borisova-figurnoe-katanie.html
    ( Google translation )

Susieqq, Areski, 3T3T and 2 others like this.
  6. adelia

adelia Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info!

7. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I expected that, but still it’s so very sad. Shame on Eteri for her words on Adian during that last Interview. Pressuring Adian to skate on that injured back for what it looks at least more than a year until it could not be cured anymore no matter how intensively Buyanova tried to help him at ZSKA was just reckless. But then even attacking a boy who what it looks like will never be able to compete again that he was moody and provocative (how could he dare!) when he trained with Eteri with a severe, apparently career ending injury she took not care of at all is just sickening. :angryfire + :revenge:

I sincerely hope his team has not given up on him and they still try to find out why he still has pain. If it’s pain memory – that can be cured. If it’s an injury that even after it healed will still ache, but won’t worsen – he indeed has to decide if he can deal with it, though I think at this point he might be so frustrated, that he decides to quit. If the pain comes from the injury breaking up again as soon as he jumps again – unfortunately he definitely needs to stop now for the sake of this health. :(

I think we can be pretty sure about it. The fact that Adian got a lot of treatment even abroad is a hint that his basic back condition (i.e. the original injury) could be cured. That’s what I think is most tragic about it. Totally unnecessary, stupid mistake made by his former coaching team when no major medals (Olympics or Worlds) were at stake. :wall:

Thank you so much - this is great news! I’m so very happy for him. I hope he has lots of talented students in Tartu and we might see him at some international events in future. :cheer2:

8. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

I'll be waiting for it. Thank you to let us know

9. SmallFairy

SmallFairy #teamtrainwreck #vladmorosovsfreckles #teamjapan

I don't think I'll ever get over Pitkeev. Such shame, and so unnecessary! The poor kid! Don't get me started on Eteri. I fully agree with everything written above. Really hope he will at least be ok outside sport, that his body isn't so hampered he will have problems later. :mad::(

Areski likes this.
  10. SmallFairy

SmallFairy #teamtrainwreck #vladmorosovsfreckles #teamjapan

Yes! If anyone should be teaching skating skills it's Sasha Abt! Brilliant news! :respec:

lala likes this.