Everything Facebook - Pros, Cons, Changes, Advice, Help Needed...It's All Here, Folks

Cheylana

Ok, I'm back. Same problem -- I just logged into Facebook and had 98 new Notifications. This is notwithstanding the fact that I un-subscribed all of my friends last week. ARGH!!! :wuzrobbed:

PDilemma

Do you have anyone on that "close friends" list? If so, either empty it by clicking on it and going to "manage list" (top right corner) or go to the "notifications" tab next to the "manage list" tab and click on it where you'll have the option to turn notifications off.

Cheylana

Do you have anyone on that "close friends" list? If so, either empty it by clicking on it and going to "manage list" (top right corner) or go to the "notifications" tab next to the "manage list" tab and click on it where you'll have the option to turn notifications off.
Holy crap, I think you may have solved my problem! Thank you! :cheer2:
Er, fingers crossed and all that :shuffle:

Cheylana

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There are lot of possibilities, Cheylana.

First, are you looking at "Top Stories" or at "Recent Stories"

Recent Stories should have everything.

Also, be sure you haven't accidentally hidden anyone or applied a filter to your news feed that causes people to be hidden.

Those are the most common problems... but there are other possibilities as well.

PDilemma

I hate that I could one up you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRsHtUVA-Es

Apparently the video was from 2 yrs ago, which is only going viral now.

At least these people were being funny, I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy4ehZwvJr8

Hey, if my sister-in-law ever has a wedding, I could totally see her having to whip the iPhone out to answer a text in the middle of it. The only difference would be we would hear it go off and she would tell everyone to wait. Heck, she interrupted her dad saying grace at Christmas Eve dinner to answer a text one year, why not at her wedding? :yikes:

PeterG

How do you post a youtube link on facebook so that the screen capture (photo) appears? Whenever I post a youtube link, only the URL appears...not the screen image that one would normally see. (People are less likely to click on a URL link than they are to something which shows something visual.)

Tesla

Whippet Good
Did you try the share link via you tube? That's what I did to post a you tube link on Facebook and a picture popped up.

centerstage01

If you share the video from Youtube, there should be a box pop up asking if you want to share the thumbnail image. You do. Make sure the box is checked and it should show up on your page.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There used to be a way to see all the friends you've added recently. I can't find that any more. Anyone know how to get it? Though what I really want is to see all friends not in any lists (so I can put them in lists). So if there is a way to do that, that would be even better.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I have a few very dumb questions.

If I sign up for facebook, would I have to pay monthly fee?

Is there a monthly fee for subscribing to others' face books?

Our local newspaper has now changed its chatboard requirements. Now one can post only through a facebook account to discuss anything- like sports, politics related news. It means if I post from work, my employer will know that I posted during work hours (I only post during break periods). Is there a way to conceal my identity when posting from the FB account?

UMBS Go Blue

Слава Україні!
Already the biggest time suck ever, Facebook has taken things to a whole new level with Timeline. A visually beautiful way to showcase all of my photos, the places I've been to, things I've done, interactions I've had, all in precise chronological fashion. Must be providing lots more fodder for their :sekret: privacy-infringing data crunchers. :COP:

Jenny

From the Bloc
They must've had a lot of flack about the newsfeed - I see now you can choose to see "most recent first," ie the old way.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I have just had the nicest facebook experience.

A group of us who all went to Primary School together, including my sisters, have been playing "identify the kids" from our old school photos. It was a small school with about 30 kids and the photos are about from 35 years ago. So we are all having a great time trying to work out who was who and reminiscing about the old days. A reunion is due soon I think.

A.H.Black

Can someone help me search better on facebook please. I'm not looking for friends. I'm looking for businesses etc. For example, I might want to find a list of Classical Radio Stations that have facebook pages. Whenever I search under Classical Radio or any combination of terms, I always get one particular site - never a list. How do I search better?

Also - Does anyone use Facebook for their business? I have a small online business and need to set up an account. I'd like to hear others experiences before I go ahead.

BigB08822

I don't know if anyone can help you. Facebook has an AWFUL search feature and as far as I can tell they have never even tried to make it better.

Celine82

When you start typing in the search bar, a list of 7 options should appear and at the bottom a line should say "see more results for [whatever you typed]" - click on that. Never hit the "enter" key or it will take you to the first option.
Does that help?

cruisin

Banned Member
Apparently, there is a new service with some airlines, via Facebook. You can go to Facebook and log into an airline page that will give you "bios" of the other passengers on the plane, so that you can select who you want to sit next to. Based on: photos, person's size :eek:, ethnicity :scream:, whether or not they like to talk/sleep, do they snore. Not sure if this is completely an opt in for Facebook. I can't imagine that the airlines can post your info without permission.

Not only do I think this is repugnant, it is dangerous. Why not let the whole world know you're going away and your home will be empty.

What do others think about this?

A.H.Black

When you start typing in the search bar, a list of 7 options should appear and at the bottom a line should say "see more results for [whatever you typed]" - click on that. Never hit the "enter" key or it will take you to the first option.
Does that help?

Thank you. That does help. I still need to do a lot of searching but at least it gives me more options.

cruisin

Banned Member
If it's the KLM program you are referring to, it's optional, so only allows other passengers access to your FB and LinkedIn profiles if you say so, and they agree too. I don't know anyone who includes their size and whether they snore on their FB and LinkedIn profiles.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dutch-airl...mates-facebook/story?id=15155962#.Tvs5LPLd5Bk

I think size refers more to how big the person is, judging from their photo, not their clothing size :). But, I can see where I didn't make that clear. The snoring part is supposed to go in the post re: the flight that the person is going on. From what I heard (on the radio), the "protocol" is something like this: I am going to be on XYZ flight, on XYZ day, at XYZ time. I will be alone/with XYZ. I enjoy talking or I like to sleep (don't bother me). I snore/don't snore. It is so that "like persons" can chose to sit together. This way chatty Cathy doesn't sit next to sleepy Susan. I just think it's going to go beyond that into a profiling thing, which would be awful.

I just think it's foolish, if nothing else. Why would anyone publish that they are going away? Why not just invite robbers to come to your house :confused:!

KLM is doing it, but some other airlines are following suit. I believe that Delta is doing it and others are preparing to.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Aguada, United States as my posting location? Note to Facebook, last I checked Puerto Rico wasn't a State. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information