1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We have updated the board style and hope you like it. If you don't, you can switch back by going to https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?misc/style Select V Bulletin 3.0 style.

Emmy Awards/Predictions

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jenny12, Sep 22, 2012.

1. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

So, the Emmys are Sunday night. I don't know if I'll watch the show, but I thought I'd do some predictions for a few categories since that's always fun. What are everyone else's predictions?

Comedy Series:
    Will Win: Modern Family
    Should Win: Parks and Recreation or Community (However, neither was nominated so of the nominees I'd give it to Girls)

Comedy Actor:
    Will Win: Jim Parsons (Emmys like to repeat)
    Should Win: Louis C.K. (This is a picked based on nothing besides the fact that I enjoy Louis C.K. as a comedian. I have not seen his show)

Comedy Actress:
    Will Win: Julia Louis-Dreyfuss (seems like a perennial Emmy favorite)
    Should Win: Probably either JLD or Amy Poehler

Drama Series:
    Will Win: Mad Men (again, they like to repeat winners although I think this was not as strong a season)
    Should Win: Homeland or Breaking Bad (both were exceptional this year)

Drama Actress:
    Will Win: Claire Danes
    Should Win: Claire Danes (outstanding performance on an outstanding show)

Drama Actor:
    Will Win: Bryan Cranston
    Should Win:Bryan Cranston or Damien Lewis (I know Bryan Cranston has a billion Emmys, but his work this year on Breaking Bad was especially memorable. If they give it to someone new, I think Damien Lewis might pull the upset for his equally strong work in Homeland)

Supporting Drama Actress:
    Will Win: Maggie Smith (I hope I'm wrong but this seems like how the voters would go.)
    Should Win: Christina Hendricks Mad Men (She did a lot more on her show this year, than spout out snappy one-liners a la Maggie Smith)

2. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I would really like to see "Sherlock" and their cast win but I am not expecting it.

3. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I really want Homeland to win.
    Also Max Greenfield, but that will never happen :shuffle:

4. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a lot of New Girl, but from what I've seen Max Greenfield is the best part of that show.