DWTS Season 24

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
From the 1st I found Simone to be very precise & accurate but she never pulled me in. And I didn't like her comments about her one bronze medal as though she begrudges Laurie her one individual gold medal or as though she should have won everything. I guess when you're the best at something it's hard not to be conceited. But that rubbed me the wrong way, esp since I thought Ali should have won the floor gold.

Anyway it's done now, she's not in the finale. And after all, it's just a TV show & not worth getting het up about. I am not upset that one of the worse dancers is in the finale. How many times has that happened? By now people should accept that sometimes stars get thru on their likeability & not their dancing prowess.

Erin

Banned Member
And I didn't like her comments about her one bronze medal as though she begrudges Laurie her one individual gold medal or as though she should have won everything.

Laurie didn't win an individual gold medal. Sanne Wevers of the Netherlands won that gold medal and Laurie was second. I didn't hear what Simone's comments were about her bronze medal but it seems to me like you are reading way too much into things. Simone was very gracious about not making the finale.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The article made me laugh. Especially when they said the "shocked look" on the judges faces "said it all." Like the judges don't know exactly what is going on and aren't coached by the producers. It's a reality tv show. It's not scripted but it is choreographed (and not just the dances).

I figured you guys would get a kick out of it, too.

taf2002

Laurie didn't win an individual gold medal. Sanne Wevers of the Netherlands won that gold medal and Laurie was second. I didn't hear what Simone's comments were about her bronze medal but it seems to me like you are reading way too much into things. Simone was very gracious about not making the finale.

Thanks. I just remembered Laurie beat her. And the comment implied she was still "getting over it".

VGThuy

What did she say exactly that made it seem like she begrudged Laurie? Simone made a real error that may have cost her the gold. It's not like she could blame Laurie for her making that mistake, especially if Laurie didn't win gold either. I can see her still getting over it as she's still very young and her life revolved around gymnastics and winning competitions thus far, and she was the two-time and reigning beam champion going into Rio and qualified first in the beam competition with a score that was higher than the gold medal winning score at the finals.

Desperado

Loved, loved Rashad's freestyle and the way he moved with the music. If he really did that bit of choreography - kudos. It rocked.

I was actually disappointed when Emma stepped in :D. Didn't think her costume matched his either, then again, I'm not a fan of the leotard look. Blame it on living through the 80s...

The other two freestyles were... OK.

skatfan

Maybe people like me are skewing the results because I have voted for David (not last night). I watch DWTS to be entertained. If I want to see really good dancing I would watch SYTYCD. I liked Simone at the Olys but I thought her dancing was kind of robotic from the 1st. And I agree it was way too soon after Laurie for another gymnast.

I've been voting for Normani & Rashad the most since Nancy was voted off. I think Normani should win but I wouldn't be upset if David won. I don't think he will but the best dancer doesn't always win. It's a popularity contest so I think it's a mistake to take it so seriously.

WTH is this supposed to mean? You think David got in over Simone because he is white? If that is so, why were the last 4 stars standing 3 blacks & 1 white? Why did they last over Heather & Nancy? And what do you mean "why can't we have nice things"? Is Simone more deserving than David because she's black? I guess they should throw out the higher vote count & check with you on who should be in the finale.

I am saying that the demographic of this show - older, white, Midwest - will tend to favor white stars and often the men. Sure, it's about the votes and also about who watches the show.

It would stagger me to see no white star in the finale of this show. Tell me when that has happened and I'll be glad to be corrected.

taf2002

I am saying that the demographic of this show - older, white, Midwest - will tend to favor white stars and often the men. Sure, it's about the votes and also about who watches the show.

It would stagger me to see no white star in the finale of this show. Tell me when that has happened and I'll be glad to be corrected.

Wow, way to play the race card in a thread about a reality show. If Simone hadn't gone home the finale wouldn't have had a white star. Do you think she got the votes over David but the producers said "we can't have that" & ousted her? And if (as you seem to think) that older white Midwest voters favor whites over blacks then why are there 2 black stars & just 1 white in the finale?

I'm a Fifth Harmony fan so I have favored Normani from the 1st but Rashad has won me over & last night I thought he was the best so he got all my votes. I see now I should have checked the color of his skin before I cast my votes.

BTW if Normani doesn't win I feel it will be Val's choreography & staging at fault because she has been the leader a lot. I liked their freestyle but it didn't have the impact of David's or Rashad's. But she may move ahead based on her body in that amazing cat suit.

BaileyCatts

What was with Normani's freestyle, cause that ain't gonna win her any votes. I liked David's more than hers. I would not be surprised to see her be the shock 3rd place. I think Rashad is going to win.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Don't underestimate the Fifth Harmony fans. The group won Best Fans or something like that at one of the music award shows with their power voting online.

Debbie S

^^ I was just thinking the same thing. I liked seeing the other contestants dance again but too many musical acts and fluff/package reruns.

ETA: I was thinking it would end at 10, but no, it's got another hour to go. I forgot about the fusion dances. They could probably have cut at least a half hour from this.

Last edited:

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Agreed. All this skipping between the outside with random musical numbers is too much. Luckily I had a bunch of household chores tonight so I could get them done and check in once in a while.

ETA: Even David looked surprised at that elimination.

Scrufflet

Well that was a very long 2 1/2 hours. Glad Rashad won, woopee for Emma! Nice to hear Charo do flamenco and see Mr. T again.
So next season, I bet Billy Bush will be ready to do a redemption thing.I think we're about due for another soap star. And please, no more gymnasts for a while (and I really have liked them; I just dislike what the show does with them).

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I'm doubting we will see a current gymnast on again until after Tokyo 2020. I, however, wouldn't be surprised if they scout out a retired gymnast a la Shannon Miller, or someone of the like, in the mean time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information