DWTS Season 24

screech

So despite saying he would absolutely not be back this season, Maks is officially back. As is Peta (after giving birth in January).
http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/21/peta-murgatroyd-maks-chmerkovskiy-announce-return-dwts/

I'm surprised about this. Maks was adamant that his focus would be on his son and he had no desire to dance this season when he could be spending time as a new dad. And I knew Peta wanted to get back ASAP but I thought she'd give it more than just a couple of months!

So aside from them, any news or predictions for "stars"?

jkl

The cast will be announced on GMA on Wednesday March 1. I hope the cast will be as likeable as Season 23 was.

BaileyCatts

If Simone is really going to be on, she better get Sasha! She is so tiny, she pretty much has to be with one of the shorter men, and Sasha is due a win! :p

Although, two back-to-back seasons with a high profile gymnast might be a bad move. I wish she would wait until the Fall season, but I guess you gotta do it when your schedule allows, but I wish they would hold off casting her until the next season.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
It would be interesting to see Nancy and Simone, but there is no way I'm watching Billy Bush.

I always tape the show so that I can watch The Voice too. I'll just FF thru Billy Bush. I have no desire to see him even if he turned out to be the best dancer on there.

BaileyCatts

^^ Are we sure he is actually confirmed? I only ever saw one mention of him then nothing. Maybe they backed off that idea. I hope ..... :p

screech

I'd watch Heather. She went through all the rounds of one of the seasons of So You Think You Can Dance, and it was between her and another girl to make the top 20. They chose the other girl.

Worked out for the best for her - not making it led to her being a back-up dancer for Beyonce, which led to her teaching the cast of Glee the Single Ladies dance for an early episode, which led to her role on the show.

A bit of a ringer, but so far she's my favourite.

Apparently Chris Kattan is on as well. He'll definitely do a dance to "What Is Love." And will hopefully be in character as Mango at some point.

BaileyCatts

Thinking of the "most memorable year" episode, I really hope Nancy doesn't fall into their trap and pick 1994, because you know they want her to pick that. Maybe pick 1992 (first Olympic medal), or when one of her children were born or something. Bottomline, the girl was attacked. Not exactly something I would want as my "memorable year" dance, even it she did skate the best performances of her life at the Olympics. I would pick something else.

mackiecat

Officially
Nancy Kerrigan is paired with Artem Chigvintsev.

David Ross is matched with Lindsay Arnold.

Normani Kordei from Fifth Harmony is dancing with Val Chmerkovskiy.

Erika Girardi is matched with Gleb Savchenko.

Bull rider Bonner Bolton is dancing with Sharna Burgess.

Mr. T is paired with Kym Johnson this season.

Charo is dancing with pro Keo Motsepe.

Simone Biles is paired with pro partner Sasha Barber.

SNL’s Chris Kattan is matched with Witney Carson.

Rashad Jennings is paired with Emma Slater.

Heather Morris is matched with pro dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

Peta Murgatroyd is also supposed to be back this season, but she is not present, which means there’s another contestant in the mix. Previous reports have speculated that Bachelor star Nick Viall will be matched with her this season.

The new season of the show will kick off on March 20, 2017.

BaileyCatts

If Simone is really going to be on, she better get Sasha! She is so tiny, she pretty much has to be with one of the shorter men, and Sasha is due a win! :p.

Not to quote myself, but ..... :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2:

And yes, Peta is with Nick. She was on later from LA and announced she is with Nick.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Grandpa Rossy?! Awesome! (I don't expect him to be any good, but still, awesome! It's about time they got a baseball player!)

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
As usual there are some "stars" I've never heard of. And there are some that I'm surprised are still alive & still energetic enough for this show. As a professional dancer Heather Morris shouldn't be on IMO. She's a worse ringer than Nicole Sherzinger (sp) although I like her better.

quartz

scratching at the light
As usual there are some "stars" I've never heard of. And there are some that I'm surprised are still alive & still energetic enough for this show. As a professional dancer Heather Morris shouldn't be on IMO. She's a worse ringer than Nicole Sherzinger (sp) although I like her better.
I only know who five of the "stars" are. :slinkaway

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
My $$$ is on Mr. T.

No, it's not.

Actually, he might be all right. He's got the performance factor, and he used to study martial arts. He may be able to move, so long as he's not too injured.

I don't even watch this show, but to be honest, I might tune in to see Mr. T.

Last edited:

Rob

Beach Bum
So I guess Maks came back on the condition that he gets the ringer?
Yay for Sasha, but I don't think Simone will be as good at dancing as Laurie was.
I dunno, Cuchi-Cuchi might still shake a tail feather.
I looked them all up, and I have either heard of or recognized all but 2! This is unusual. I don't know Erika Girardi and Bonner Bolton (who is a model as well as a bull rider).

meggonzo

Banned Member
So I guess Maks came back on the condition that he gets the ringer?
Yay for Sasha, but I don't think Simone will be as good at dancing as Laurie was.
I dunno, Cuchi-Cuchi might still shake a tail feather.
I looked them all up, and I have either heard of or recognized all but 2! This is unusual. I don't know Erika Girardi and Bonner Bolton (who is a model as well as a bull rider).

Erika Girardi is on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I believe she is a singer & dancer under the name Erika Jayne, so she should be decent at learning the dances.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Here's a list of the "stars" and short bios:
http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-wit...tars-2017-cast-announced-for-season-24-030117

Looks like Billy Bush didn't make the cut.

Good. I imagine there would have been a boycott of the show's advertisers if he had been.

And while I know it's all cross-promotion of ABC shows, that Bachelor guy doesn't seem to be one of the more popular ones from the series. Isn't there some other reality show he could have washed up on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information