1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We have updated the board style and hope you like it. If you don't, you can switch back by going to https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?misc/style Select V Bulletin 3.0 style.

Did I miss something?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Kelleys6th, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

:confused: Did I miss an announcement from the ISU? :confused:
    :confused: Was there a rule change for the pairs and their single spins? :confused:
    I watched the pairs programs from skate America and noticed NONE of the pairs did individual spins in unison. I always thought this was an important part of the pairs programs, showing unison and how in-sync the skaters are to each other. So, they cut them out? :kickass:
    It was a requirement last year, wasn't it? :huh:

:cat:

2. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

They have alternate year requirements. This year there isn't any pairs spin.

3. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

I asked the same ?? last year. I think it totally sucks. One of the top signs of a well-matched pairs team was the SBS spins. I think the footwork sequences now are bloated. I miss the SBS spins and the spiral sequences. If I want to watch skilled footwork, I'll watch dance. Most of the pairs' footwork makes me yawn. Same with the ladies. I miss the spirals as well.

4. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Watch the free skate, that's where they all went.

5. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

I wish these changes would be an impetus for pairs to improve their footwork.