1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dangers of a Trump Presidency, pt 3

Discussion in 'Politically Incorrect' started by MacMadame, Feb 2, 2017.

1. dr.frog

dr.frog Well-Known Member

2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

3. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

As per the thread title Danger: Scott Pruitt confirmed to EPA.

This just isn't reasonable.

4. BittyBug

BittyBug Awakening to an Orwellian Nightmare

SMH in disgust.

Artistic Skaters likes this.
  5. Louis

Louis Well-Known Member

Problem is.... he is, among Republicans. He has 84% approval, highest among any Republican president one month after taking office. Yes more popular than even Reagan. He doesn't care that he has 8% approval among Democrats, lowest among any president. (Next lowest in modern history was 30% among the opposite party.)

He is clearly going to govern to maximize the Republican favorability number, while not caring about the Democratic or even the overall one. :(

Buzz likes this.
  6. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Past Prancer's Corridor

What a sad commentary on the current views and values of Republicans. :(

dr.frog, ballettmaus and overedge like this.
  7. skatesindreams

8. twinsissv

twinsissv Well-Known Member

'Feel America's Pain...Again' :duh:

Vash01 likes this.
  9. BlueRidge

John McCain thinks the Trump presidency is very dangerous:

He is at the Munich Security Conference and laid this out:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/17/john-mccain-just-systematically-dismantled-donald-trumps-entire-worldview/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_fix-mccain-315pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.eecba0b7c620

BYTCH and Vash01 like this.
  10. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

11. BlueRidge

Back to the EPA.

There has not been a single EPA Facebook post since January 19. Until today, when it posted, "Administrator Pruitt is dedicated to creating policies that serve the American people and to working with stakeholders to do the right thing by the environment. Learn more about him: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/epas-administrator"

I think I'm going to go lie on the floor and whimper.

12. Louis

Louis Well-Known Member

Then why is he voting to confirm people like Betsy DeVos and Jeff Sessions?

McCain could've stopped all of this (I think) by endorsing Clinton v. not endorsing Trump. He has the power in the Senate to continue to stop many of these terrible things from happening. But he's not. Other than giving speeches about his own hot-topic issues, what is he doing to stop this? Feeling a bit disgusted with him now.

13. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

ITA He has voted along party lines so I can't take anything he says seriously.

14. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

So he can keep his reputation as being a "maverick" and "bipartisan" or "moderate" without actually being any of those things any more.

clairecloutier, flyingsit and Buzz like this.
  15. skatesindreams

16. BlueRidge

ITA. But I'm still hoping that he may go farther even though he's failed so far. I suppose I'll grasp at anything...

17. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

I have completed my Mainstream Media Accountability Survey

Interesting. Very biased and so skewed towards the answers they want but I could post a fake name, email and postcode. Anyway it is doing the rounds on Facebook so please complete to help give the answers they don't want to hear. And if you give the right answers, then you are really going to screw up what they don't want to hear.

Ania and Susan1 like this.
  18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Plus, he's a big whiner, and at this point comes off as an old codger. Blah blah military record, but all he does is complain - about everyone and everything apparently, regardless of party - with very little in the way of substantive solutions.

(Which may or may not be true - his constituents obviously like him enough to keep re-electing him, but for the rest of us who have only seen him in the media Benghazi ad nauseum since his failed presidential bid, that's how he come off.)

ballettmaus and Louis like this.
  19. skatesindreams

That piece of trash (the "Accountability Survey") makes me very angry.

overedge and ballettmaus like this.
  20. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

re: McCain. Perhaps he, like many mainstream Republicans , thought Trump could be controlled by Preibus and Ryan? Maybe he is just now getting a clue? Or maybe he doesn't want to risk anything that would cause him to lose power and status.

But then, Trump supporters make no sense to me.

I just hope Trump keeps eating ho hos.

21. BlueRidge

What McCain is saying regarding Trump's America First viewpoint is that it is antithetical to what has been the predominant Republican viewpoint on world affairs for a long time. If no elected Republicans care, I guess its a matter of us finding out they never actually cared about it to begin with.

22. BlueRidge

Not that this isn't already known, but this article has charts to show what people's main news source is and of Trump supporters, for 40% of them it is Fox News. Of course, when 40% get their news from one source the point of view gets reinforced to many of the others who don't.

It seems to me the "how do we get through to them" questions are moot as long as Fox (and assorted other right wing outlets) hold such a dominance with Trump supporters. How do you discredit Fox and other right wing sources with them? No one has had any success to now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-505pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.7a1265889162

23. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

OMG it is so embarrassing. He talks like a teenage boy with a low IQ. He keeps on banging on about how dishonest the press are because he thinks if he says it enough then people will believe him (which there are those who do). And so many subjective adjectives in what he says - horrible, terrible, great, best are just examples. They are just perceptions, nothing factual. It is the talk of shock jocks which he obviously finds the easiest to understand. I don't think he gets that the more he disses the media and talks like that, then the more he is going to be scrutinised and questioned. And there was nothing factual in the way of information that he presented.

24. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

And I hoped that I was overreacting and the meeting between Trump's son and Time Warner wasn't as bad as my first reaction told me it was :slinkaway
    I would really, really, really like to be overreacting about it all. :(

My thoughts exactly. Actions speak louder than words and his actions say something entirely different than his words do. For a military man, he is quite the coward.

Where was he during the GE? ;)

Opinion on why Mattis' NATO ultimatum was a mistake http://www.politico.eu/article/memo-to-mattis-dont-talk-like-trump/

The Department of Energy made changes to their children's Website. https://www.propublica.org/article/...ial&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1487346446
    The Trump Team does know that just because they delete facts from a website, these facts don't just go away, don't they?

A judge ordered Pruitt's emails to be released. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-thousands-of-emails/?utm_term=.6a29a39cb770
    That could be... interesting. How many scandals can one administration potentially handle at a time? Just curious ;)

25. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

It looks like that for the second time the WH considered unlawful law enforcement action - this time to deploy National Guard troops to round up immigrants. The WH is, of course, denying it and there is speculation that the memo could have been a ruse to smoke out leakers but considering that Trump has threatened Chicago with unlawful actions, I wouldn't be surprised if this were true as well. https://www.apnews.com/5508111d59554a33be8001bdac4ef830

26. overedge

overedge doing shots in the Grublets on Ice dressing room

27. BittyBug

BittyBug Awakening to an Orwellian Nightmare

I am going to naively hope that something in those emails is going to be sufficiently egregious to cause Pruitt to resign.

But the authoritarian efforts to control messaging are really starting to become frightening.

28. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

Just when I thought this administration couldn't get any clumsier or more ridiculous, there's this news about Tillerson having to conduct his G20 meetings from a sanatorium in a small village, because nobody thought of booking a hotel room for him in Bonn with the representatives of the other 19 countries. :rofl:

Probably for a meeting this big an entire five-star hotel would have been booked for the whole US delegation and security arrangements would have been made well in advance. They must be the laughing stock of the place.

"Diplomatic security agents mingled in the parking lot with elderly people in wheelchairs arriving for spa treatments." :rolleyes:

Does the administration now wish that they had asked State Department staff to remain for a few months at least until they were replaced? Looks like there is noone left in the State Department or the diplomatic corps to go on booking.com! ;)

Domshabfan, overedge and ballettmaus like this.
  29. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

I gave them the name of MICHELLE (made up last name)!!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  30. BlueRidge

He certainly seems to be working himself up to taking action against the media, calling the media the "enemy of the people" certainly feels like setting the table for that.

At the very least it is extraordinarily divisive, attempting to divide those who watch Fox and other Trump friendly sources against anyone who would not subscribe to such extreme claims.