1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conspiracy Theory Time: Was the election rigged?

Discussion in 'Politically Incorrect' started by DBZ, Nov 14, 2016.

1. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

Flynn was fired because he lied to the Vice President and made Pence look bad.

Marge_Simpson, BittyBug and overedge like this.
  2. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

That's about as diplomatic as Trump is. That's not how the world works or can work.

Marge_Simpson likes this.
  3. Prancer

Prancer Cursed for all time Staff Member

Right. Because if they do the wrong thing, it isn't the wrong thing, it's justification for us to do the wrong thing.

Marge_Simpson, topaz and overedge like this.
  4. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, Russian ladies

If he is found guilty (of may be having knowledge of it or even collaborating with a foreign power- he did publicly ask Russia to hack into his opponent's emails)

5. ballettmaus

One of the things that I found interesting about the hearing was that I did not always catch who was who but I would guess and you could generally tell by their attitude and the way they were asking. Republicans were often a lot more aggressive/disrespectful and attempted to get the answer they wanted by rephrasing the same question in several different ways.

6. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Yes and Flynn lied because he is guilty of treason for colluding with Russia to beat Hillary and taking money directly from Putin.

So you want America to be just be a victim and have an illegitimate president.

It's right to defend yourself and US needs do get justice by removing trump And punishing russia.

He will only be found guilty in a political process not a legal one. FBI will not go to some US attorney for trump to be prosecuted they will go to the House.

Vash01 likes this.
  7. ballettmaus

Yes, exactly, that's why most of the most recent links posted in this thread were posted by me ;)

But sarcasm aside, what would violating the sovereignty of another nation and putting people in harms way change about what happened and what would it change about who is sitting in the Oval Office?

As one of the Congressmen pointed out (I believe it was Heck), the investigation will not change the party the President comes from.

8. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

I want due process. If we don't follow due process and Trump is thrown out, whomever takes over is also an illegitimate president.

9. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

Lots of comments and stories on FB. This was my favorite tweet in one of the occupydemocrats stories -

by Garry Kasparov (the former Russian world chess champion they have on MSNBC all the time talking about trump)

"The house is on fire, Trump is running around with a box of matches, and the GOP demands to know who called the fire department."

I thought they loved leaks. hm.

Unless it's Hillary!!!!! :)

So, you know I don't understand all the technicalities and stuff, but I was just watching the commentary afterwards. Didn't they just report that the FBI was investigating trump and the Russians the summer before or something? Did they not find anything in all this time? They chose to attack Hillary and let trump and Russia get away with whatever they were doing?

10. caseyedwards

The first part is about getting justice for being attacked. Anything bad that would happen to people in Russia would be because of Putin and if anything bad happened to an American would be in the pursuit of getting justice for a horrible attack.

Russia wasn't working for Pence.

The due process for a president is impeachment and trial.

11. ballettmaus

Comey said that Russia "engaged in a campaign to undermine our democracy to hurt one candidate and help the other". Of course, and as Comey also said, we cannot know if they were successful. However, I think it can be argued that any President coming from the Republicans could potentially be illegitimate because the Republicans could have no business being in the WH in the first place.

I believe that it is impossible to determine whether the outcome was changed. But we also cannot know if it wasn't changed. Consequently, I believe that the only way to make sure that the President holding the office was elected fairly would be by holding new elections. And yes, I know that it won't happen. I'm just saying that, at this Point, possible illegitimacy of the President doesn't depend on who the President is but the party they come from.

12. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

Is that the guy who mentioned subpoenas in his interview? What good would that do? They lie with straight faces every time they open their mouths. They could show him his own handwritten statement and he would call it fake. I'm still going with lie detectors and waterboarding. Although, trump would probably pass a lie detector test because he's too stupid to realize that he IS lying.

13. MacMadame

No, even for her. Not that there is any process that would put her in. But due process is due process. No exceptions.

After the investigation is over presuming it finds something that is an impeachable offense.

14. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

For now. I wonder what that Flynn telephone conversation was about on the day that Obama announced the sanctions. And I wonder how the current investigations and controversy will affect any Trump plans re sanctions.

Did he say that he was concerned that it wouldn't be effective enough, so he kept quiet about it and released the improper letter about Clinton and e-mails?

ballettmaus and BittyBug like this.
  15. caseyedwards

Constitution says treason, bribery high crimes and misdemeanors and congress must decide what those are. Congress could decide Trump being under investigation for colluding with Russia is a high crime. I don't believe any prosecutors would bring any case against the president.

16. Allskate

17. BittyBug

BittyBug Awakening to an Orwellian Nightmare

It defies disbelief. :wall:

18. BittyBug

BittyBug Awakening to an Orwellian Nightmare

19. Vash01

I like Adam Schiff. He is taking on Trump while others show no spine.

20. Vash01

This is Trump's way of fighting back. I am not saying he is tweeting this but clearly someone on his behalf.

How long is this circus going to go on before the country completely falls apart? The most effective way is a full investigation by an independent outsider, like the 9/11 commission. Let them do their job and let the elected officials do their job, instead of ridiculous tweets about Potus winning. He is winning nothing.

21. eternitygoddess

eternitygoddess Well-Known Member

The US has been meddling in other nation's elections for decades. We majorly screwed with Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union (read the recent New Yorker article covering Russia-US's history), so Election 2016 was a tit-for-tat.

Domshabfan likes this.
  22. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, the old "two wrongs make a right" argument. Always effective.

MacMadame likes this.
  23. babayaga

babayaga Well-Known Member

24. MacMadame

I couldn't make heads or tails out of "Rogue" POTUS's postings. But I've never thought that account was real. I just can't tell if it's coming from a troll or someone who takes themselves seriously.

25. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

That account has been compromised, apparently.

26. MacMadame

Well before it was compromised, it never said anything that made me think it really had an insiders view of what was going on in the WH.

Btw, now that I've fully realized that Cheeto Boy always says things about other people that are true for him, his tweets and quotes about how the election is/was rigged take on new meaning.

27. caseyedwards

I did read that article and there are others that detail how Americans ran Yeltsins reelection campaign through his daughter.

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-07-09/news/mn-22423_1_boris-yeltsin

28. ballettmaus

I was actually asking myself that very same question yesterday and was just waiting for one of the Democrats to ask why he released the letter. It's really odd. Either it was the worst judgement call he ever made or there was an incentive. After all, the announcement he made back in the summer was already highly unusual and then he made another one, closer to the election, with consequences a lot more damaging all the while he knew the "other guy" was under investigation. I just don't get it.

Ukraine has released documents which allege that Manafort has laundered money from Yanukovich's party. https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...83e627dc120_story.html?utm_term=.1af9ac968ec0

DORISPULASKI likes this.
  29. Allskate

Manafort? You mean the guy who played a limited role in the Trump campaign for a limited time? There was a panel on CNN talking about how Spicer used to have some integrity and already has completely destroyed his career by saying so many false and ridiculous things to please Trump.

ballettmaus and Buzz like this.
  30. MacMadame

Manafort was the national chairman of the campaign. That's not a limited role. And he was the Campaign Chair for the first 5 months so for more than half of the campaign.