alilou's Adventures in Wonderland - all over the map.

sk8pics

You're amazing, ali, the way you work through things. I think your little home is very pretty now. Good for you for hanging in there. I look forward to more of your stay in San Miguel!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
You're amazing, ali, the way you work through things. I think your little home is very pretty now. Good for you for hanging in there. I look forward to more of your stay in San Miguel!

Thanks @sk8pics. It's the old making lemonade from lemons thing I guess. Don was so clear about coming here that I couldn't question it. I think our home is quite livable now, and so far we have each found some excellent healers for our ailments. That may end up being the main reason we are here.

As ever, enjoying your continuing adventure.

Thanks @skatesindreams. This move has been an interesting :shuffle: adventure so far that's for sure :)

skatesindreams

I'm sorry that you didn't arrive in SMA before Toller Cranston's passing.
I understand that he made - and left - a lasting impression!

His final resting place is in the cemetery, there.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
One of the first things we did in SMA was go to a showing of two Toller videos in one of the several charming tiny cinemas here. They showed one of Toller's grandiose 1970's made for TV spectaculars - the one about him being an astronaut and landing on another planet. It was giggle-worthy at times, being so dated. The Besiks were in it, and Ozzy Colson! It was followed by a locally made documentary that showed a lot of his gallery, garden, and house. It was poorly edited, but still interesting. The most interesting thing for me was his statement (paraphrasing) that his artistic style came to him fully formed when he was about six years old and never changed.

Everyone in town knows/knows about Toller!

Last edited:

skatesindreams

One of the first things we did in SMA was go to a showing of two Toller videos in one of the several charming tiny cinemas here. They showed one of Toller's grandiose 1970's made for TV spectaculars - the one about him being an astronaut and landing on another planet. It was giggle-worthy at times, being so dated. The Besiks were in it, and Ozzy Colson!
That was "The Magic Planet".

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information