alilou's Adventures in Wonderland - all over the map.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Oh that's too funny. Don and I have been using "just this" for many years. It's great for getting back to presence and a remembering that this moment is all there is. Just this. Just here. Just now. Nothing is wrong. It's a very effective reminder. And it's true there's nothing wrong. It's this kind of deep exploration, and the discovery and release of hidden belief systems that has allowed me to become more and more free, and at home in myself.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Lol, thanks skatesindreams. I get the message :) <3
The thing is I do these deep inner explorations and find out what crap I'm believing at unconscious levels and somehow it gets me free of it. I know it's nonsense to think my life has been all about what I can get, well no more than most people anyway, and also nonsense that I have nothing to offer. In shedding light on the hidden agenda it somehow melts away.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Yes, I really admire that woman who travels with her mother who's in a wheel chair. That must take patience, and huge organisation. We have times being like the other couple - going to a place and staying for a while. Our next trip is to Turkey, Jordan and Egypt (soooo excited!), but early next year we'll head somewhere warm (Costa Rica maybe) and stay put for several months. We talked today about using that time to finally write that book we've been talking about!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks Maofan. We didn't hear about the Reporoa eruption, but I did read somewhere that only a small portion of the geothermal fields are open to the public. From your link it seems the Reporoa eruption was only 8km from where we were at Orakei Korako.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
This post deserves three WOW's: One for the deer, one for the wearable art, and one for Stuart!

Thanks skatesindreams. We thought they were all WOW. Never expected to see a deer farm, or the big-hearted Stu with his pigs, and we were totally gobsmacked by WOW - amazing exhibition, so glad we went to it.
Other worldly pictures, ali. Just amazing. What camera and lens are you using? Thank you again for sharing!
Thanks sk8pics. I have a panasonic FZ1000 with a built in 25-400mm lens. I like having just one piece of equipment to carry around, but I'd still like something with a bigger sensor, and a faster lens. A girl can dream . . . . . . :)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks Maofan. We loved seeing the deer - so beautiful, and so unexpected. I love those kind of travel surprises.

skatesindreams

That all fell into place, showed the path you were meant to take.
It seems to have happened throughout the course of your journey.

I'm sure that will continue to be the case.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
That all fell into place, showed the path you were meant to take.
It seems to have happened throughout the course of your journey.

I'm sure that will continue to be the case.
It seems that way - it all felt so right. It's not like we never have our ups and downs. Both of us are grappling with health issues, but not enough to stop us from continuing. It still feels like the right path.

sk8pics

Beautiful and amazing! I am enjoying your bird pictures especially lately, since I gave taken up birding, inspired by our Israeli tour guide. I got a picture yesterday of an American Goldfinch. Not rare but I was still thrilled. I can share if you like. And thank YOU for sharing so generously with the world!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
"Amazing" only begins to describe that!
I agree. We were blown away by all this guy had achieved. What a life!
Quite a legacy. Fantastic.
Yes. Truly a remarkable man. Oh, and the train ride was fun too! :)
Beautiful and amazing! I am enjoying your bird pictures especially lately, since I gave taken up birding, inspired by our Israeli tour guide. I got a picture yesterday of an American Goldfinch. Not rare but I was still thrilled. I can share if you like. And thank YOU for sharing so generously with the world!
Thanks sk8pics. I'm always on the lookout for nature/wildlife so if I see a bird slightly more interesting that a sparrow I want a photo of it. It's really tricky. Darn things won't keep still! Yes please share your goldfinch, I'd love to see it. It may not be rare but I don't think I've seen one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information