alilou's Adventures in Wonderland 2 - all over the map

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks Sid :)
Yes, glorious. I was sitting eating dinner and I couldn't take my eyes off the waves. I don't know if I've seen them like that before - that glassy look with reflections in them.
I think I feel the same about sunset. I could have posted a picture every day of the sunsets here. :swoon:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Wonderful as always, ali. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks sk8pics. Always a pleasure.

Thanks for the enlightening information about the Syrian refugee crisis.

I'm fascinated by the veiled Barbie dolls!
The refugee situation is very sad, and very difficult for Jordan, as it is for the other countries immediately involved.

I love the Muslim barbies - it was so unexpected to see them.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks Sid. They were all over. We saw them every day, and I got to watch this courting (?) thing they do - leaning forward and spreading their wings and doing a quick two syllable squawk all at the same time. It's quite comical.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Isn't it the most amazing place?! I'd never heard of it until we started travelling and following travel blogs over the past few years. When I was in high school I got to specialize in art history classes so chose pre-Christian art - we covered everything from stone age cave art thru ancient Greece/Rome/Egypt/Crete/Mesopotamia/Babylon/Tigris&Euphrates. But no mention of Petra! As soon as I saw photos of it I knew I wanted to go there. It was everything I could have hoped for.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Isn't she beautiful!. We were in a spice store and the owner was giving us a talk about the spices. She arrived with her father and they stood waiting to be served. She was enraptured by the proceedings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information