2017 Summer TV

PeterG

...weren't the later shows actually a dream or a book she wrote or something and she blew up the house at the end?

The lottery-winning season ended up being a fantasy world that Roseanne had created as a way of dealing with the grief of losing her husband.

Susan1

The lottery-winning season ended up being a fantasy world that Roseanne had created as a way of dealing with the grief of losing her husband.

Yeah, and I was thinking later, she "blew up the house" as a final practical joke on one of the Halloween episodes.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Um, just when I thought Scandal couldn't surprise me anymore, they really shocked my socks off tonight. This show was SO good back in the day but had lost its way more recently. Things were better for the latter part of this season but I'm glad it's going to end after this next one. I enjoyed tonight's eps but I think this show's time is way over now. :eek:

BaileyCatts

^^ Uh, yeah ...... somebody gonna have to 'splain that Scandal ending to me though!! So confused!!! :confused: Thank gawd for On Demand. I'll have to watch that final 20 minutes again. And again. And again ....... and again .........

PeterG

So who watched Downward Dog and cried besides me! :wuzrobbed And the final five seconds ....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Dogs. :p :dog:

I felt pretty much the same. But I'm not a pet owner, so I wasn't a complete pile of water, but I did tear up a few times during the episode. And I agree about the very last part of the episode...HILARIOUS!! :lol:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday May 21/2017 - Saturday May 27/2017:
http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, May 21
8 p.m. - 2017 Billboard Music Awards - ABC
9 p.m. - Twin Peaks Season 3 - Showtime

Monday, May 22
12 a.m. - Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Season 2 - Adult Swim
8 p.m. - Princess Diana: Her Life - Her Death - The Truth (Documentary) - CBS
9 p.m. - The Bachelorette Season 13 - ABC (Special time. Future episodes will move to 8 p.m. ET.)

Tuesday, May 23
12:01 a.m. PT - Casual Season 3 - Hulu
8 p.m. - DOWNWARD DOG - ABC (Timeslot premiere)

Wednesday, May 24
8 p.m. - DIRTY DANCING (TV Movie) - ABC

Thursday, May 25
?:00 - Red Nose Day Special - NBC
8 p.m. - LOVE CONNECTION - Fox
9 p.m. - BEAT SHAZAM - Fox

Friday, May 26
12:01 a.m. PT - Bloodline Season 3 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - LONG STRANGE TRIP - Amazon

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
World of Dance finally popped on to my TiVo. The premier is Tuesday, May 30 at 10 Eastern.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Just a little heads up.

Im watching the new season of Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry because I have a friend on it, and I noticed in the preview that Johnny Weir will be in an upcoming episode.

His part already looks funny. Johnny says, "Question - Tyler have you ever read someone wearing a blouse like this? " Tyler: "No." LOL

anywhooo its on E so check it out... not sure which episode it is but its soon.

meggonzo

Banned Member
Why is no one talking about the return of "Twin Peaks" on Showtime (and other providers around the world) this Sunday night? :wuzrobbed

I watched the four episodes that have been released so far. I thought the first episode was a little slow, but the storyline picks up after that. I still have no idea what the F is going on though, LOL.

Aceon6

Does anyone know if Nielsen has updated its algorithm yet? The people I know ages 18-49 don't watch ANY broadcast TV in real time. I mean, NONE. They either DVR or watch online.

Seerek

I'm pretty sure Nielsen has been calculating a Live+DVR rating for almost a decade now, however the DVR rating only accounts for those viewings within 7 days of the first run broadcast date.

VGThuy

Some articles of interest, though from a year and two years ago:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...-change-and-digital-rivals-spring-up.amp.html

http://www.pajiba.com/think_pieces/ineffective-nielsen-ratings-are-ruining-tv-and-no-one-cares.php

I think the example of Girls only having about 800k viewers who watch it on television when it first airs and how that number jumps to over 4 million when you take into account streaming across all platforms says it all.

I think that's why Netflix is so successful. They have a built-in marketing tracking tool by measuring how many of their subscribers are watching their original series and what movies and existing series (foreign or domestic) people are watching en masse and that tells them what people are wanting to watch these days. It's like how House of Cards came to be. They saw that the subscribers who watched the British version were also the same people who watched David Fincher films and things in that style, and guess who directed episodes in the first season? Big data can some times give us what we want.

Aceon6

I'm pretty sure Nielsen has been calculating a Live+DVR rating for almost a decade now, however the DVR rating only accounts for those viewings within 7 days of the first run broadcast date.
Nielsen overnights used to be the holy grail. They're practically useless now unless you're an advertiser.

ballettmaus

Does anyone know if Nielsen has updated its algorithm yet? The people I know ages 18-49 don't watch ANY broadcast TV in real time. I mean, NONE. They either DVR or watch online.

Funny that you bring that up. I came across a video earlier; I've seen it before, it has been on the internet for a little while. It shows you the proportions of the world's population if only 100 people lived on it. It also shows that the majority of the earth's population is currently 25-54 years old. Since everything is shifting back a few years, it made me think of the Nielson ratings and that maybe the networks need to adjust their demo rating, too.

Aceon6

Funny that you bring that up. I came across a video earlier; I've seen it before, it has been on the internet for a little while. It shows you the proportions of the world's population if only 100 people lived on it. It also shows that the majority of the earth's population is currently 25-54 years old. Since everything is shifting back a few years, it made me think of the Nielson ratings and that maybe the networks need to adjust their demo rating, too.
Marketing wise, they won't. The target demo is always 18-49 for prime time. The advertisers want those eyeballs. If someone older or younger is watching, that's fine, but they want their core.

I suspect things will change a lot as the Gen Xers start taking C level leadership of major companies. Technically, we don't really need Nielsen aggregations anymore as most of the ISPs can deliver very specific metrics for almost any situation. The advent of big data analytic capabilities, even at very small companies, will make Nielsen go the way of the phone book.

ballettmaus

Marketing wise, they won't. The target demo is always 18-49 for prime time. The advertisers want those eyeballs. If someone older or younger is watching, that's fine, but they want their core.

But the question that I have is if it's still a reasonable target audience if the majority of the world's population is 25-54 and people work longer and live longer, get married later etc. I would expect that if everything shifts and changes, so does consumer behavior.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The belief is that you have to get someone into your brand at a young age because older people are more set in their ways. It's not about which group have the biggest population or Baby Boomers would have remained the prime target for most of their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information