2017-2018 Program Music and Choreographers

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
That's a cute pic :) so this means that Weaver & Poje are getting a program done by John? I was hoping for Lori, at least for the FD, but John Kerr is also really good. :cheer: I'm glad they aren't having Morozov do all of their Olympic material.

Dobre

That's a cute pic :) so this means that Weaver & Poje are getting a program done by John? I'm glad they aren't having Morozov do all of their Olympic material.
I haven't seen an announcement yet, but it certainly looks that way.:cheer2:

They are reportedly in Detroit right now so maybe not having Morozov do any of their initial material? I am all happy and having one of those ridiculous skating fan know-it-all experiences because I wanted them to work with John Kerr. And now it appears that they are. (Don't let me down, guys). Currently, I am feeling all psychic and special. Which is silly seeing as they were the team that was the most primed for a switch up and he clearly broke through as a choreographer this season and is obviously an ice dancer who skated under IJS.

But, you know, I can feel all :swoon: anyway. Please let it be a competitive program, guys.

chameleonster

I haven't seen an announcement yet, but it certainly looks that way.:cheer2:

They are reportedly in Detroit right now so maybe not having Morozov do any of their initial material? I am all happy and having one of those ridiculous skating fan know-it-all experiences because I wanted them to work with John Kerr. And now it appears that they are. (Don't let me down, guys). Currently, I am feeling all psychic and special. Which is silly seeing as they were the team that was the most primed for a switch up and he clearly broke through as a choreographer this season and is obviously an ice dancer who skated under IJS.

But, you know, I can feel all :swoon: anyway. Please let it be a competitive program, guys.
Weaver/Poje are definitely in Detroit right now, they were celebrating Jeremy's birthday today and then headed to Isabella Tobias' wedding.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVLkSVIj3DF/

No clue if they're just here to catch up with friends for the weekend or if they have plans to work with anyone.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Soak it in @Dobre :encore: you've waited for this moment and it's come true. :kickass: It's rare that something so beautiful happens

Wow so people need to watch out for them after all, Morozov has done excellent work helping them add another level of polish to their skating IMO. With outside choreographers they could have a chance to medal next year. John must have so many ideas on the back burner too, since he's just getting started. :kickass: I'm excited to see what they come up with! :cheer:

Dobre

Soak it in @Dobre It's rare that something so beautiful happens

Actually, am having a very good ice-dance fan week. W&P appear to be working with John Kerr, and Avonley Nguyen (itty bitty 2016 U.S. intermediate silver medalist with personality) has a partner again. All is trending upward at the moment.

Plus less than two weeks before loads of U.S. junior ice dancers converge at the Chesapeake Open and start fizzling their twizzles.

Also, I might be a little happy because I found out that I'm going to Skate Canada. Great ice dance battle at the top, plus I realized this morning that I get to see Loboda & Drozd live for the first time.

barbarafan

Weaver/Poje are definitely in Detroit right now, they were celebrating Jeremy's birthday today and then headed to Isabella Tobias' wedding.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVLkSVIj3DF/

No clue if they're just here to catch up with friends for the weekend or if they have plans to work with anyone.

Could be both...isn't Pasquale still part of their coaching team? Morosov is their head coach & he travels so much they do need other coaching. I know that when he is in Russia they stay there at his rink.

S

SmallFairy

It's seriously interesting so many people are recycling... Caro, Hanyu, Uno, Wagner, D&R....and Shibutanis continuing using Coldplay... Who did I forget?

I'm really into the idea of Caro reusing Faun, as she did with Canon. Caro is an artist who can bring out the most sublime in intricate music and it's been several years, I'm sure she can bring something new to the program. I'm more baffled about my Japanese men, though I really loved Chopin for Hanyu, it's so recent.... And Uno...Turandot was last year:confused::confused:
It's really hard to bring the recent magic back. Hongo couldn't do it with Riverdance, Righini couldn't do it with You raise me up. For Wagner, I don't think that program was good or special enough to warrant a comeback, but I already spoke my mind about it earlier in the thread:p

ETA I must admit though, that maybe it's ok for Maia and Alex to use yet another Coldplay piece, as I adored Fix you. And that comes from a gal who has dance as her least favorite discipline, and always thought Coldplay was incredibly zzzzzz. But that program... those twizzles still gives me chills rewatching it. (But again, about recreating magic....)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I was hoping to hear something from Dear Evan Hansen, The Light in the Piazza or Hamilton. I can't believe people are STILL skating to POTO and Les Mis. . .UGH.

Some of the Hamilton songs might be difficult to do, but I'm surprised at no Dear Evan Hansen yet. Maybe it hasn't yet leaked into the culture enough. Possibly the Tonys and a national tour will get it enough attention that we'll see some DEH routines next season.

jenny12

I was hoping to hear something from Dear Evan Hansen, The Light in the Piazza or Hamilton. I can't believe people are STILL skating to POTO and Les Mis. . .UGH.

Yeah, I wish they would see there are other musicals besides POTO and Les Mis. I could see Waving Through a Window or For Forever working for a program from Dear Evan Hansen.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed

Although he has yet to officially announce, its 99 percent certain that Jason is doing a Hamilton program. He has alluded to it on social media, performed a "fluff" skate to Wait for It on the Today show, and has been seen at the Nashville rink "practicing Hamilton", according to a tweeter.

I would bet it's the SP, but that is just my SWAG. And I know diddly boop about Hamilton the musical, so it will be brand new to me.:D

platniumangel

News from Simsbury, CT.

Katarina DelCamp & Maxwell Gart (Novice dance silver medalists) had choreography done by their coaches: Mathew Gates & Svetlana Kulikova.

Maxim Naumov (Novice Men's Champion) had choreography done by Mathew Gates & Vadim Naumov.

Sylvia

TBD
Isabella Gamez and Tòn Cónsul Vivar have partnered up
SP: Faith by Sleeping at Last (choreography John Kerr)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVIVV1JjoWR/
Gamez, 18, placed 9th in Junior Pairs at 2017 U.S. Nationals and was the 2016 U.S. Novice Pairs silver medalist (with Griffin Schwab). She'll finally get the opportunity to compete internationally with Consul, who's 19, for Spain.

Madison Hubbell reveals H/D's SD music in her latest blog: http://hubbell-donohue.com/
I tried on Monday and Tuesday to write something, but all that was circling in my head was the drum beat of "Le Serpent" by Guem. I was picturing our midline step, trying to remember the arms that our ballroom coach gave to us. I tried on Wednesday and Thursday to narrow my scope, and pinpoint a more specific concept. But I couldn't focus, thinking of how appropriate our rumba music was for my upcoming vacation. The beautiful voice of Talya Ferro singing "Cuando Calienta el Sol" made me picture my coming days relaxing by the water. As the week came to a close, and my excitement rose, we finished with a high energy finale. My mood was perfect on Friday for a samba finish... and I can't wait to show you what our hard work produced!
ETA:
I would bet it's the SP, but that is just my SWAG. And I know diddly boop about Hamilton the musical, so it will be brand new to me.:D
Yes, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Jason Brown's SP music will be from Hamilton. :)

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
ETA: Sorry Sylvia! I didn't see you already posted it.
No problem. ;)

Posted tonight on Haven Denney/Brandon Frazier's FB: https://www.facebook.com/5268236540...823654090970/1164315840341745/?type=3&theater
We are excited to share our Freeskate Music for the 2017-2018 Season is to "Who Wants to Live Forever" by Queen
ETA that Marina Zoueva choreographed D/F's FS: https://www.facebook.com/FSOnline/posts/10155401139388540

Courtney Hicks posted on Instagram that she is keeping her 2 choreographers -- Rohene Ward (SP: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUNJcb5h0SX/ ) and Jonathan Cassar (FS: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRw9UR_B0HD/ ) - "Amazing Grace" is playing in this recent clip: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVLF3ToBKkq/

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Carolina Kostner told me that her music choices have not been finalized yet. She will do that when she gets to Toronto to work with Lori Nichol.
Here's the relevant excerpt from her ISU interview, published today: http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...17/06/featured-interview-carolina-kostner-ita

Q: What can you tell us about your programs?
C: Nothing has been confirmed yet. I am looking for something that is ‘me’, something colorful, something that brings me joy. I would like to bring the joy I feel on to the ice. Obviously you are looking for a music that suits you, including the rhythm. When I am going through my past, I did so many different things that it is hard to make a choice. There are so many kinds of music that I like and Worlds is in Italy … we’ll see where it will take me.

arakwafan2006

Soak it in @Dobre :encore: you've waited for this moment and it's come true. :kickass: It's rare that something so beautiful happens

Wow so people need to watch out for them after all, Morozov has done excellent work helping them add another level of polish to their skating IMO. With outside choreographers they could have a chance to medal next year. John must have so many ideas on the back burner too, since he's just getting started. :kickass: I'm excited to see what they come up with! :cheer:

On some levels it's probably easier for Morozov to only have to coach. Good plan. He definitely has an eye and a way to motivate

figureskatingforlife

Here's the relevant excerpt from her ISU interview, published today: http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...17/06/featured-interview-carolina-kostner-ita

Q: What can you tell us about your programs?
C: Nothing has been confirmed yet. I am looking for something that is ‘me’, something colorful, something that brings me joy. I would like to bring the joy I feel on to the ice. Obviously you are looking for a music that suits you, including the rhythm. When I am going through my past, I did so many different things that it is hard to make a choice. There are so many kinds of music that I like and Worlds is in Italy … we’ll see where it will take me.

Worlds in Italy? Recently visited Verona on her Instagram... sounds like it will be Romeo & Juliette... let's bet ;-)

Nmsis

Madison in her blog revealed that H/D's SD music is ... Guem - "Le Serpent".
Too bad they won't be skating that program in France.
So many jokes being lost. :p
"Is the program debatable ?" "Are the levels debatable ?" "Are the costumes debatable ?"
"So that was her that american lady was talking about in Ca se discute when the theme of the show was a member of my family has spent half their life stuck in a freezer"
"How do they know Ca se discute in the US ?"

For reference, Le Serpent by Guem is the music of a very famous french tv show which lasted from 1994 to 2009 named Ca se discute, or That's debatable/up for discussion.
Superstar host. Emblematic music.
People talking about their experience on themes such as My daughter is anorexic or Is reality tv dangerous ? or My spouse is a stripper (how difficult is that ?). :scream:
And of course it had spoofs (I totally love the crazy start when the fake host fake plays the music on a bongo)
When Gusmeroli and Papadakis / Cizeron used it in 2002 and 2009, everybody knew where the music was coming from.
But americans skating to it, now, it adds a certain layer of ... surrealism. :biggrinbo

The music is cool anyway. That is not debatable. Or is it ? :p

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Thanks to @UMBS Go Blue in the Hubbell/Donohue thread for pointing this out.

Madison in her blog revealed that H/D's SD music is Talya Ferro - Cuando "Calienta el Sol" and Guem - "Le Serpent". I am living for these choices, especially Cuando Calienta el Sol.

ETA: Sorry Sylvia! I didn't see you already posted it.

Wow, 'When the Sun is Hot,' :cool: and Guem et Zaka's percussion Le Serpent rhythms. :encore: Get it Madi/Zach!!! :watch:

I'm happy to be introduced to Guem et Zaka! I'm in a Trance!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPGCEpDTRE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information