2017-2018 Program Music and Choreographers

znhurston

I can think of 10 other pairs teams I'd rather attempt La La Land than A/R....but maybe they will surprise us with an interesting take on it or a really good program. I'd really like to see them make a run at the Olympics team if Kavaguti/Smirnov are done....
If they work again with Sergei Komolov, I am sure he'll come up with something interesting for them.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
I'm intrigued by the collaboration with Camerlengo. On paper, S/K is the last pair I'd see with MFD choreo, but let's see. I hope they keep exploring the edgier style and the concept of opposites/contrast in a pair rather than romantic connection as they talked about in one of the recent interviews.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
If she stays edgy with their style and their program has the usual level of :DLauz1: nuanced musicality and detail, I'm all for it.

But if it's romantic mush, no thank you. I would feel violated without a moody Ksenia. She's just not meant to look at Fedor with love in her eyes, I really hope MF capitalizes on their speed and attack.

Last edited:

bwayrose7

i would not mind, if the program, which we actually have seen for 2 years, would have been moved instead :shuffle:
Must be the only one not getting connected to that 'Give me Love'-SP!

I totally get where you're coming from, even as a fan of the program, it would have been nice to see something new.

That said, it's going to make for a magical moment to have his first return skate be his signature program!

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
FP: “Pines of Rome” by Ottorino Respighi

Yes! I am so excited. It will not be a lost program! I can't wait to see it!

i would not mind, if the program, which we actually have seen for 2 years, would have been moved instead :shuffle:

He only skated it four times competitively so we didn't see it for 2 years ;)

^this. And remember, of those four times: NHK 2014 (disaster), Nats 2015 (turn out on combo), 4CC 2015 (perfect/no quad), Worlds 2015 (not great). So it's not like he hit it perfectly every time on those four times either. And he never did it with a quad. And then he was out for two years. I don't see the objection to this repetition. It's not like he smashed up a world record with it after using it for two years and is bringing it back for a third...

arakwafan2006

love this..Will they be coming to MTL...that would be nice..hope to see clips

I mean, wow! Pasquale had a very good point of view in terms of choreography for pairs and singles... i like his dance work as well. He's almost out of the same cloth as MFD to an extent. I am SO immensely happy they are not using Kapranova. I thought their concepts were innovative but the movement while skating was the damn same. When they stop and do poses, that's different sorta, otherwise i think it looks disjointed sometimes. I'd actually like to see what Camerlengo could have done with the Annie Lenox music. I can only imagine that there was a thud underneath the table when got the word he'd work with Ksenia, not because of anything perverted but at the endless and limitless ways you could showcase her beauty.

Marie France has not convinced me of her ability to do disciplines outside of dance in the same way she does in dance. I found the pairs work she did with David Wilson to not be memorable. Maybe all her creative eggs are in one basket? I don't know but it's unprecedented that a top Russian pair would use a Canadian choreographer. I am surprised they picked her and not David Wilson. I guess that since she's the modern dance queen, it makes sense but this whole mashup is the most intriguing and interesting figure skating news i've heard in a while. I'm like really REALLY wanting to see it.

wow

aftershocks

Banned Member
A bit more on Stolbova/Klimov: http://fs-gossips.com/stolbova-and-klimov-work-on-their-programs-in-north-america/

Yeah. I am a bit :confused: on the choice of Dubreuil ... She is not the choreographer I would've imagined for them. I mean, when I think of the programs she did for Luba/Dylan and Julianne/Charlie last season.... Hmmmm. Well, wait and see I guess.

Yes, I could see Stol/Klim working more with Christopher Dean, Rohene Ward, or John Kerr instead of M-F Dubreuil, except that Kerr is already working with James/Cipres, Sav/Massot, and ice dancers Weav/Poje.

Anyone else high profile taking from the delightful John Kerr for next season?

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member

But @Jeschke, even if you dislike the angsty ballad & Sheeran's voice, Josh's skating to Buttle's choreo is to-die-for. :swoon: Josh came into his own with that program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FyUIfXKyHI
Ahhh, his positions on those spins!

Perhaps, Josh is able to spend more time concentrating on upping his tech arsenal by not having to learn entirely new choreo for two new programs. Just to see Josh again on the ice will be a huge gift for me! :D :cheer2:

And we'll probably see different attire and some slight changes and additions to both programs to incorporate quads & to maximize points.

suki

I am so thrilled to have Joshua back on the ice, he could skate a novice-level program and I would still be mezmerized. I agree with Aftershocks about reusing his two programs, so he can concentrate on regaining any technical expertise. But he's such a natural skater, I am sure he will update and improve his choreo. Josh is still "young" for a male skater (21-22?). I hope he's stays healthy and wants to continue even after the 2018 O's. He deserves to have those two seasons he lost due to the concussion.:encore:

Lutzlvr

I am so thrilled to have Joshua back on the ice, he could skate a novice-level program and I would still be mezmerized. I agree with Aftershocks about reusing his two programs, so he can concentrate on regaining any technical expertise. But he's such a natural skater, I am sure he will update and improve his choreo. Josh is still "young" for a male skater (21-22?). I hope he's stays healthy and wants to continue even after the 2018 O's. He deserves to have those two seasons he lost due to the concussion.:encore:
So happy that Josh is back and can't wait to see him compete! His short is one of the few programs that I still remember from Nationals that year. I think he got Zayaked in the LP and Adam won the title. Love both guys, great energy and charisma

RoseRed

Yes, I could see Stol/Klim working more with Christopher Dean, Rohene Ward, or John Kerr instead of M-F Dubreuil, except that Kerr is already working with James/Cipres, Sav/Massot, and ice dancers Weav/Poje.

Anyone else high profile taking from the delightful John Kerr for next season?

Oh is he? That should be cool. I must have missed that. Do you remember the source for that one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information