1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We have updated the board style and hope you like it. If you don't, you can switch back by going to https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?misc/style Select V Bulletin 3.0 style.

2016-2017 TV Season (Fall-Spring)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AliasJohnDoe, May 19, 2016.

1. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Headcase Addict

MacMadame and Buzz like this.
  2. lmarie086

lmarie086 missing my cat :(

PeterG likes this.
  3. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

Could look this up, but does Toby have a job besides stalking Kate?

PeterG likes this.
  4. meggonzo

meggonzo Well-Known Member

I don't remember. It seems like a long time for the two of them to just be hanging around New York if they have jobs. What happened with that personal assistant job Kate had one episode?

PeterG likes this.
  5. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Seriously. They have a lot of free time and like no money issues, except Randall who at least seems to have real world pressures. Kevin especially has a lot of free time to do what he pleases (spending days waiting for Sophie), when he is supposed to be producing and starring in his play. I don't know how he had all the time in world to go to and from New Jersey all day when the play was opening that night. You'd also think the director would be there to help calm the nerves of his cast since that's part of his job. I'm finding Toby more and more annoying and really demanding and bossy.
    I do think it's sweet that Kevin went to Randall, but I couldn't help be pissed off at the stunt he pulled off to the cast (well just the playwright) and the crew of the play whose lives are depending on his performance. It's incredibly irresponsible. I'm sure it'll work out in the end. Also Kate getting kicked out of camp was a stupid storyline set up. Btw, I suspect Jack died by drinking and driving on Valentine's Day after running off to be by himself after fighting with Rebecca. Did anybody else think that as well?

6. skatingguy

skatingguy Well-Known Member

Watching the premiere of 'Doubt' - Dule Hill's character's dog is named Scott Davis.

7. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

I DVRd it (I know that is not a verb, it's just faster than writing "recorded" it; we used to say "taped")...... Is it any good?

8. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

I fell asleep while watching, but enjoyed what I saw nevertheless.

9. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

(that's why I record most things I want to watch that are on at 10 p.m.!)

10. meggonzo

In response to your spoiler
    I think the most common theory is that Jack dies from drinking and driving. I think the writers are setting us up though and it will be something else unpredictable. I also read another theory that Jack commits suicide and that's why Kate was grilling Toby on how often he had suicidal thoughts.

VIETgrlTerifa likes this.
  11. AliasJohnDoe

MacMadame and manhn like this.
  12. skatingguy

skatingguy Well-Known Member

Too be honest, I had it on in the background while watching the short dance from 4CC so I wasn't paying much attention - I'll have to watch it again next week.

And DVRd is absolutely a verb because I'm going to go around saying 'I recorded on my DVR' any time I mention that I recorded something and since I don't have recording or tape it works.

AliasJohnDoe likes this.
  13. AliasJohnDoe

14. AliasJohnDoe

Buzz likes this.
  15. AliasJohnDoe

2017 Mid Season Premiere Schedule for New/Returning Shows: http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday February 19/2017 - Saturday February 25/2017

Sunday, February 19
    8 p.m. -- THE GOOD FIGHT -- CBS All Access
    9 p.m. -- BIG LITTLE LIES - HBO (Miniseries)
    10 p.m. -- Billions -- Showtime
    10:30 -- Crashing -- HBO

Monday, February 20
    10 p.m. -- Bates Motel -- A&E (final season)

Thursday, February 23
    ? p.m. -- My Brother, My Brother and Me - Seeso
    8 p.m. - THE BLACKLIST: REDEMPTION

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Buzz likes this.
  16. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Grey's Anatomy ... okay yes I know this is just a TV show, its written for drama blah blah blah. But do doctors really act all high school drama, I'm gonna freeze you out and just ignore what you say, not show up for staff meetings, and not listen to you even though you are my superior bullshit that has been going on with that new training doctor (Eliza, right?), and now with April? Because they are just about pulling on my last nerve with the way they have been behaving lately, and that says a lot for Grey's Anatomy!!! :p

Lexxandra and AliasJohnDoe like this.
  17. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

The Good Fight is airing in Canada on the W Network at 8pm. :cheer: :D :cheer2:

18. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

CBS here tonight too. Just the first one to get people interested in the paid series.

I pay enough for cable. I'm not going to pay more somewhere else to watch one program that I would have watched on t.v.

19. AliasJohnDoe

20. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

Wednesday, Feb 22
    9 p.m. -- Major Crimes - TNT
    (It was still in my series record, which used to be on Monday. And it picked up the change to Wednesday. I did have it set to first run only, any day any time though. Love my DVR.)

And American Ninja Warrior All Stars is on tonight from 8-10 on NBC. Oh, I think it would be a new one this time of the year, wouldn't it? (nothing else on anyway)

AliasJohnDoe likes this.
  21. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

ITA. I did watch the episode last night - and at the end it said something about 1 new episode available each week. So I am thinking - wait til the season finale - and do the free week CBS offers - or pay for one month and binge. I did that last summer with STARZ - got a free week and watched the whole season of Outlander.

PeterG likes this.
  22. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

In Canada, the W network is already showing ads for a new episode next Sunday - so I guess they bought the series to televise on cable. Similar set up is supposed to be coming up for the new Star Trek series where it will air on Canadian cable on SPACE.

PeterG and Anemone like this.
  23. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that "The Good Fight" was not going to be airing regularly on my tv. Lame.

PeterG likes this.
  24. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Anybody seen the first episode of HBO's Big Little Lies yet?

25. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan Author of the Ice and Edge Series

I did. The witness interviews worked in the book, but I wasn't crazy about they kept interrupting the flow in the show. I just finished the book on Saturday, so many of the changes from the book were kind of jarring for me.

clairecloutier likes this.
  26. AliasJohnDoe

Buzz and MacMadame like this.
  27. meggonzo

Dammit, This is Us :wuzrobbed

manhn and TanithandBenFan like this.
  28. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Pretty sure This Is Us emotionally broke me tonight. OMG, it was beautifully done but I ugly cried so much that I had to take ibuprofen so I don't get a headache before going to bed. :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

29. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I am all a mess. Damn you, This is Us.

meggonzo and Meredith like this.
  30. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

Move to Canada. :D :p

Skate Talker and skatingguy like this.