1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016-2017 TV Season (Fall-Spring)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AliasJohnDoe, May 19, 2016.

1. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Headcase Addict

2. AliasJohnDoe

3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

AliasJohnDoe and MacMadame like this.
  4. meggonzo

meggonzo Well-Known Member

Was This is Us a re-run last night? I missed it.

5. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan Author of the Ice and Edge Series

Yes, it's back with a new episode next week.

meggonzo likes this.
  6. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

"The Expanse" returns tonight. I think this is a smart series and I'm so glad the SciFy Network renewed it for a second season.

Buzz and AliasJohnDoe like this.
  7. AliasJohnDoe

8. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Grey's Anatomy question ....... uhm, what's the deal with Amelia and Owen because I have no clue anymore! And, uh, I kinda hate Owen anyway so it may be the fact that I hate him and don't care about his storyline that I don't remember but still, I don't remember why Amelia is all :drama: and hiding from Owen? I hate it that they don't run repeats like they used to back in the day! I never remember what's happening by the time my shows come back on. :(

AliasJohnDoe likes this.
  9. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I am officially in love with Riverdale. The gratuitous shots of hot guys is life enhancing.

10. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

I've always liked Owen, till he took up with Amelia. Now he is dead to me. They broke up because she decided she did not want children, which he found out after he married her. I only liked her as Derek's sister, not as a doctor or with Oowen.

I only watch Grey's out of habit (actually I DVR it and watch when there is nothing else on). I can't stand Meredith anymore. She was good with Cristina, tolerable with Derek, now nothing. I can't stand Richard and Ellis's daughter, with the little girl voice, who also has to be the center of everything. Funny how Meredith was like a daughter to Richard till he got a real one, huh? I don't remember either of the two new male doctors' names or why they are there. Bailey has turned into a b*tch since she became chief. They should have kept Callie and gotten rid of Arizona. She is the most selfish person in the hospital. She's the one who cheated and caused the car accident. This is Alex's last season. And also mine. I want to see what happens with Jo.

I'll watch the reruns on Lifetime. They just showed the plane crash episodes. I've seen them 3-4 times and they are still riveting.

AliasJohnDoe likes this.
  11. AliasJohnDoe

12. lmarie086

lmarie086 missing my cat :(

The 100 was great (already a huge improvement over anything we saw in season 3) and I'm totally going to be addicted to Riverdale.

PeterG, AliasJohnDoe and manhn like this.
  13. AliasJohnDoe

14. AliasJohnDoe

2017 Mid Season Premiere Schedule for New/Returning Shows: http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday February 05/2017 - Saturday February 11/2017

Sunday, February 5
    ? p.m. - Super Bowl LI - Fox
    10 p.m. - 24: LEGACY - Fox (Series Premiere, Part One)

Monday, February 6
    8 p.m. -- 24: Legacy - Fox (Series Premiere, Part Two/ Time Period Premiere)
    9:01 p.m. - APB - Fox

Tuesday, February 7
    10 p.m. -- IMPOSTERS - Bravo
    10:30 p.m. --DETROITERS - Comedy Central

Wednesday, February 8
    8 p.m. - City in the Sky- PBS (Miniseries)
    8 p.m. - So Cosmo - E!
    10 p.m. - LEGION - FX

Thursday, February 9
    8 p.m. - Masterchef Junior - Fox

Friday, February 10
    9 p.m. - Reign - The CW
    12:01 a.m. PT - David Brent: Life on the Road - Netflix (movie)

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Buzz, love skating and manhn like this.
  15. AliasJohnDoe

"Legion" might peak my interest on FX Wednesdays at 10.

16. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

PeterG, WildRose, Lexxandra and 6 others like this.
  17. BaileyCatts

I saw it! And that was the first time I have actually laughed out loud in months at SNL (other than the Weekend Update segment!). They really need to turn down their obvious hate and anger because those Trump skits are just NOT funny at all. When they did Bush skits, those were actually funny. They were written to be humorous and exaggerate his actions, and the writing was actually f-u-n-n-y. Their Trump skits are just Alec Baldwin being hateful and making Trump look stupid. Newsflash, he don't need no help in that area! Don't make the political skits all hate filled, make them funny and over-exaggerated like the Melissa skit! Now THAT was funny! THAT is the kind of writing they need to do with the Trump skits.

18. BaileyCatts

24: Legacy. Awesome. :p Oh sure you gotta suspend the 'that all didn't really happen in a hour' and 'how'd he drive across DC that fast' thing, but the ticking clock and the fast pace of the story just make it that much more suspenseful.

19. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

I watched the first two episodes of Riverdale last night. Pretty good. It was weird seeing my childhood comic with today's issues. I wish they would do more reruns not on Thursday at 9:00. I have whichever Chicago show, Masterchef Junior and Nashville already set in the DVR cause I can't watch all of them at the same time. And nothing to watch or DVR on Monday nights.

p.s. - FYI, I was too young to be reading comic books about teenagers. I'm sure I saw one somewhere though. I was thinking more about the Archie Saturday morning cartoon (and the song Sugar, Sugar by The Archies - did anyone notice) and the Josie and the Pussycats cartoon (Cheryl Ladd of Charlie's Angels was the voice of Josie <geez - now I have to explain there was a Charlie's Angles t.v. show before the movie too? ha ha).

(I was really disturbed by that first Batman movie too. Not like the Batman t.v. show at all! :) )

Heading for the ol' rocking chair now.................

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    PeterG likes this.
  20. AliasJohnDoe

21. meggonzo

meggonzo Well-Known Member

I don't think the Trump skits are hateful because they are basically re-enacting things Trump has actually said or done. Spicer is crying today about how meeeann SNL is. Truth hurts.

22. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

I never found the Bush skits particularly compelling. These new ones have me watching the show again though I do think they get some things wrong.

23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

The Trump skits are brilliant IMO - funny on their own, but importantly they are beyond biting satire in the way they call out the words and actions of Trump and his team. The decision to not even try and have a Bannon character but rather portray him as evil/death itself was bold at the same time as being awfully close to the truth in the eyes of many. Can't say enough about the surprise appearance of Melissa McCarthy - I think it even took the studio audience a few extra seconds to even realize it was her - definitely funny, and Emmy level spot on characterization. I've read several editorials today that point out that in Trump's White House, the fact that it took a woman to do the job on this man is particularly clever.

In the absence of Jon Stewart, I think SNL is fulfilling an important role in the media landscape right now.

fyi, this week's guest host is Alec Baldwin, and I would not be surprised if there were a few more surprise appearances by former cast members and other friends of SNL for the occasion.

24. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

Two comedians were just on CNN talking about this. How they do just re-enact and exaggerate (not much!) how trump acts. I stopped watching SNL after he was elected because it's NOT funny to see the truth.

And I was wondering if Hillary would have won, how would they spoof her? The skits they did before the election weren't mean to her. It's like they were more in sympathy and showed how ridiculous she had to act and the things she had to say because of trump. Imagine if she was insulted by people wearing pantsuits. No, she's an adult.

The few minutes of The View I saw this morning when they were talking about the SNL skit, Joy said she's never seen Trump laugh. He smiles when he is bragging and congratulating himself for doing something terrible to America, but that's about it.

Buzz and BaileyCatts like this.
  25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Jane the Virgin: What was that?!?!? What?!? OMG, I am so sad!!!!

clairecloutier likes this.
  26. AliasJohnDoe

27. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

me, too!

manhn likes this.
  28. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Me three! I'm so glad I didn't look at spoilers.

manhn likes this.
  29. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I watched some episodes of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show." You know it held up pretty well for being forty plus years old. What a wonderful cast.

Jenny and HeatherC like this.
  30. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I grew up wanting her apartment - the sunken living room, the shag carpeting, the adorable little kitchen, how you had to walk through the closet to get to the bathroom :)

On a related note, I saw some reruns of The Odd Couple not long, and that did not hold up at all. I was surprised at how bad the scripts were, and how stilted the acting.

Cachoo likes this.