#2 KAETLYN OSMOND : CANADA'S SWEETHEART

shutterbug

Everything that's good about skating is in this performance. :) I still can't believe how much she's matured over the last year. Bravo Kaetlyn, keep it going now for the FP.

Sylvia

TBD

ToFarAwayTimes

Kaetlyn skated very well in that SP video, speaking in terms of strictly skating. She's come a long way and it was nice to see.

Unfortunately, she looks like she's just skating through elevator music in the background. I don't see any real performance quality there. I don't blame her, but more the ISU, and the decision to allow lyrics continues to show just how poor the sport is being run. An otherwise high quality of skating looks lifeless and boring out there on the ice, and that kind of skate will hardly excite people and grow the sport, which is why you see the numbers dying off. That is absolutely not a knock on KO or any one skater in particular, it's practically the case with every single skater out there. Such a shame. Hoping she will find some better program and deliver a better artistic performance in the future, because I sense she is capable of it.

shine

shutterbug

Canada's figure skating youth surge on full display
There was also the best kind of surprise: seeing Kaetlyn Osmond back on the ice. The two-time national champion lost all of last season recovering from a broken leg. When a skater gets sidelined by an injury like this, you never know if they will be able to return to full strength.

In Kaetlyn's case, and from what I saw in practice, her flow, strength and jumps were all up to speed. Her triple flip/triple toe loop jump combination made a believer out of me.

Direct link to the video interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-vYXhDEYX0

kwanatic

I gotta say, I'm really impressed! Kaetlyn looks like a different skater!

I love "La Vie en Rose" but I'm not that crazy about that version of it...still, the program itself is nicely done and Kaetlyn looks much improved since the last time we saw her. I like her tango FS too. It definitely suits her style and I like the choreography and music edits.

Kaetlyn has really worked on smoothing out the rough edges of her skating. She looks more controlled and fluid now and that's a major plus in my book. Hopefully she'll up the content when the season starts (go for the 3-3) but overall, I'm really impressed with her improvements over the last two years. I just hope she stays healthy this year and can compete the whole season. Canada definitely needs her...

shine

SP run through from 9/24:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgTdrtN16mQ

I can't get over how smooth and beautiful her skating has become. She has always been powerful and fast, but her skating now also has that effortless quality. You can really see that she's worked HARD on that basic skating - quality all around. I CANNOT wait for the competition!

Last edited:

Rock2

I'm truthfully not expecting super great things from her this week.
I just hope she skates with confidence and goes for everything. A failure this week would be tentative skating, not falls necessarily.

She does look really fit and physically ready though. Great stuff.

It'll be a grind for her to get back into competition mode fully. Will prob take this comp and two GPs to get through some ups and downs. I'm expecting a little of both. I'm targeting nationals -- which is usually a great comp for her -- to get really settled in and feeling like she's fully back.

chapis

SP run through from 9/24:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgTdrtN16mQ

I can't get over how smooth and beautiful her skating has become. She has always been powerful and fast, but her skating now also has that effortless quality. You can really see that she's worked HARD on that basic skating - quality all around. I CANNOT wait for the competition!
I dont like the program but she looks great, I am glad she is finally healthy.

clarie

Very elegant skating. That was an improvement so the hard work paid off. Too bad about the combo, but we know she can do it. I think there was a bet too much adrenalin there today.....1st comp in over a year. She certainly hasn't lost her spark though.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
If Osmond can get the combo down, she's gonna be scoring in the high 60s for that. Nice return for her. And no edge call on the lutz. And importantly she more than made the SP TES minimum for worlds, so she won't have to worry about that the rest of the season.

cbd1235

Osmond looks like a champion, happy to see the judges rewarding her. She has star quality, star skating skills, and star jump technique. I pray for injury-free training and continued improvement. I also love her FS and look forward to seeing it in competition.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
GOOD GOD!!!!!! THAT WAS A SHORT PROGRAM! World class.

I was kinda a fan in '13..but now I LOVE her.. THAT WAS AN AWESOME PROGRAM, even with a fall.

EXCELLLLEEENNNTTT Music!

That was a program I could watch over and over......

GREAT SPEED (Carolina speed), nice arm movement, and body lines. Can interpret music too!

I want to see MORE!

PS...This may sound strange but it kinda sounds like Cyndi Lauper singing..

Last edited:

clarie

I haven't seen the LP yet, but it's wonderful she had such a positive debut for this season. It will certainly boost her confidence and bodes well for the rest of the season as her programs grow and develop :). Congrats to the "it" girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information