Ashley Wagner Cheer Thread #3: The Subject of Tonight's Lecture...

cbd1235

I just really want her to skate to Evita! How can we make this happen!?

I smell another signature program if so...

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Nice Jackie Wong/Shae Lynn Bourne/Ashley Wagner teaser. :encore:

I especially enjoyed the accompanying fan commentary. :D

^^^ :lol: that was a "paparazzi" shot from May 2014.

:lol: Yep, clearly not from anyone who actually follows figure skating! But someone who obviously enjoys crusin' for hot bod pics. ;) Looks like a surgical scar on Ash's upper right thigh. And her blonde locks days... Flashbacks are cool.

Looks like she will be sticking with La La Land.

Apparently, Ashley is very inspired, so I'll be looking forward to seeing the Wong docu, and the Bourne/Wagner finished product.

Certainly, the La La Land musical soundtrack has inspired Misha Ge as well (and others).

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
According to her instagram story, Ashley finished the choreography for her free skate today and seems to love it. Looks like she will be sticking with La La Land. http://instagram.com/ashwagner2010
Which part/song from LLL is it?

As to Ashley's bikini pictures, good for her for working so hard. Always in great shape, even in the off season. I work harder at the gym after looking at them, inspiring! :respec:

Firedancer

Which part/song from LLL is it?

She didn't show any of it yet. Someone in the programs & choreographers thread said she is using the Epilogue. Jackie Wong was with her in Toronto & is doing a Making of LLL video so hopefully we will see soon.

I am gonna have to watch LLL now.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

SkateFanBerlin

Nice to hear Ashley talk about her work in a full and adult way. She's wrong about one thing though. It wasn't just grit and believing in herself that kept her in the game. She is an enormously talented athlete who grew her talents deep into her career - something many talk about but find it virtually impossible to do. Good luck!

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I heard the big Hollywood ending! May this be the program that puts the cherry on top of Ashley's fantastic career.

(but having listened to Audition, I find it maudlin and not suitable for Ashley's temperament)

Last edited:

toddlj

Got around to watching La La Land. I'm worried for Ashley now. The music imitates music that was great, but is not great itself. A FS mash-up could undermine our girl. (make note to monitor audience reaction to early-season skates)
I am not worried, after hearing that she is specifically skating to an edit of "Audition (The Fools Who Dream") and not to a mash-up of the movie songs. I agree that some of the movie songs are jazz-imitative pastiche. But "Fools Who Dream" is very much a musical theater story-song, and that is what the Tony-award winning writers (Pasek and Paul, who also wrote "Dear Evan Hansen" for Broadway) do best. And there is definitely a dramatic, raise the rafters moment in the song, and a character, the never-say-die dreamer, that she can embody (which is what she does best.)

"She told me:
A bit of madness is key
To give us new colors to see
Who knows where it will lead us?
And that's why they need us.

So bring on the rebels
The ripples from pebbles
The painters, and poets, and plays

And here's to the fools who dream
Crazy as they may seem
Here's to the hearts that break
Here's to the mess we make."

worldsnice12

I went a bit down the memory lane the other day.

I realized Ashley has made many memorable programs and one that for me was completely underrated was her Romeo&Juliet LP..with more mileage this program could have been really great.
If you can overlook Tara&Johnny's constant chatter, I can now really enjoy the drama and tension she brought to this program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D9Wuk4q7dA

and my overall favorite performance (so far!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjkdeueVJSs

I was never not a "big" fan before start taking notice with her beautifully choreographed Black Swan in 2012. This Paris performance was the first time I saw her live and remember how I absolutely loved how she brought you into her skating and every moment was so crisp and so aligned with the music.

For me, Ashley has grown into such an artist and I hope she will be happy with her program this year. I have to admit no matter how much I admire Shaelyn, it would have been nice to see what she and Mills would be able to create together after all these years..

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I can now say with complete confidence that Ashley is going to have my favorite ladies SP this season. Probably by a very, very, very big margin. :glamor: It's really inevitable considering how much I loved it before, and now the music choices of her competitors.

I'm so excited the way this has all played out, Ashley's :EVILLE: plan for world domination is off to a solid start. :COP: I hope she's practicing her half loops like crazy, don't let Shin Amano EVER downgrade that jump ever again. :gallopin1 Go for broke this year Ashley! (or you'll end up broke) :cheer:

The formatting of my post is strange, obviously I must've done something but I'm going to leave it unfixed as a good omen for things to come. (If you squint at an angle it looks like a > that is under 90 degrees)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information