Ru Paul's Drag Race - Spring 2017

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Sad to see her go, but, yeah, it was fairly obvious who won that lip sync. A question--do the queens have some idea of what songs they should "know", or are they just expected to have familiarity with a LOT of songs by famous female singers?
They are given the songs in advance, so there's no excuse.

berthesghost

This is the second time this season we saw a queen just give up before the lip sync even began. I don't know what's in the water this year, but I don't think it's about not preparing for the inevitable, but just psychologically crumbling under pressure. They both just shrank and hid under the proverbial bed.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I was shocked to see Valentina go but it was the right decision. Nina is one that I wouldn't have a problem if she left along with Alexis.

topaz

I'm caught up on the episodes and I was so sad to see Valentino go but.. she's was not prepared. I can't imagine Valentino will not be an "all star" on next Drag Race All Star season.

I'm ready for Alexis to go next. Nina may be the next to go too.

Aceon6

The makeover episode was decent TV. I didn't agree on the winner, but time was up for Ms. Sashay. I was hoping she'd get some inspiration from her partner, but it was too little, too late.

In the side stories, the judges seemed to be throwing Peppermint under the bus. Foreshadowing? Does Ru want a trans queen in the final three? Stay tuned.

Aceon6

Last night's episode was mildly entertaining, but the edit clearly showed that Ms. Sashay was destined to go. I'm fine with the final four, but am rooting for one particular queen to get the boot before the finale. If that turns out, I'd say "good job, Ru."

Aceon6

I hope that everyone who wanted to watch unspoiled has caught up. Alexis was overdue. I would have put Trinity against her, not Peppermint. My wish for the final is Sasha, Shea and Peppermint.

berthesghost

All I can say is thank god that one went.
her drag seemed dated and I'm not sure why she was so annoying exactly, but she just was
I am rooting for Sasha to win. Classy and intelligent.
me too, but I'm only worried because of one thing: she's won twice but both times with Shea. Shea's won 4 times and the time it was close between the two, Ru gave it to Shea.

antmanb

I'm finally caught up on all the episodes and I think my favourite is Sasha at this point, closely followed by Shea - but I really can't stand her contouring, and I also thought that because she didn't actually present a rainbow look she shouldn't have won and Sasha should, but I think Ru just wants to give the win to Shea so that's how it will go. I like the top four (though I keep forgetting that Trinity exits).

Aceon6

All I can say about last night is WHAT A COP OUT! Did they keep her because she did better than they expected her to? That's the only way I can explain what they did.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
I can not make up my mind who I want to win..

1. Shae... Well the word on the street here (LA) this is who everyone keeps mentioning they want to win. People around me keep saying Shae. I think she is all around awesome.

2. Trinity.. this is who I have a soft spot for..I ALWAYS have a smile on when she is performing.. She makes me so happy. If I ever hit the rewind button on remote its usually to rewatch something of hers.

3. Sasha.. LURRVEEE!! Because she is doing something different... and SO polished.... She has come outta her shell.... And her humor is sooooo intelligent....Between these 3 I still can't decide who I want..... But my soft spot is for Trinity.

4. Peppermint..Love her too... sometimes her clothing is lackluster but she is so Good too!!!!!

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
I have no idea. I'm probably a bit confused as to where she is from. :shuffle:

Well Ive been watching her youtube channel for 8 years.. and then it always said San Diego... but her bio on Drag race said Mass and UK.. I know she performs in UK all the time.. but Mass was confusing for me....

MY FAVORITE youtube vids of hers are "Shit Cher Says" and "Shit Cher Never Says." LOL.. Im responsible for about 2,000 of those views!!!!!

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I'm not huge on this season compared to a lot of others, but I do like who's left. If I had to guess I think that Shae is going to win.

Trinity is getting the "superficial" edit, Peppermint is getting the redemption arc but hasn't won enough challenges/episodes this season, and Sasha is high fashion (with cool looks and creativity) but also getting the "no personality" edit and you barely see them narrating the show compared to some of the others. I could be wrong, but I think it'll be Shae who wins. Shae or Peppermint (only if she nails it in the finale).

That's mainly just based on the editing of the show so far, sometimes they'll change things up in the last episode (and then it's anybodies guess), but I'd be surprised if Sasha or Trinity win this.

I was convinced that Valentina could win a few weeks ago though, and then she went home the next week :shuffle: but we're down to one episode left.

Last edited:

FiveRinger

I'm not huge on this season compared to a lot of others, but I do like who's left. If I had to guess I think that Shae is going to win.

Trinity is getting the "superficial" edit, Peppermint is getting the redemption arc but hasn't won enough challenges/episodes this season, and Sasha is high fashion (with cool looks and creativity) but also getting the "no personality" edit and you barely see them narrating the show compared to some of the others. I could be wrong, but I think it'll be Shae who wins. Shae or Peppermint (only if she nails it in the finale).

That's mainly just based on the editing of the show so far, sometimes they'll change things up in the last episode (and then it's anybodies guess), but I'd be surprised if Sasha or Trinity win this.

I was convinced that Valentina could win a few weeks ago though, and then she went home the next week :shuffle: but we're down to one episode left.
I know that Ru has already invited Eureka back for next season. I don't object, mind you, I loved her and hated that she had to go. But, if Ru insists on inviting queens back, my vote is for Valentina. If you are going to bring someone back, at least extend the invite to someone who has a chance of winning or is compelling. Cynthia is nice and all, but she didn't have a prayer of winning any season ever.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I think there's going to be another All-Stars season.. :D Those are always the most fun anyways.

antmanb

I think there's going to be another All-Stars season.. :D Those are always the most fun anyways.

I agree - you already have an idea who all the queens are and their style of drag, plus they've been out and done a lot more work on the back of the show to hone their skills - they're always fun to watch.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
More experience = more :watch: for us. I loved Katya, Alaska, Latrice, and so many others the last couple of times they did it.

"Shy Sheila is so shy that she's afraid to....I don't give a rats ass..because this game, is boring the $@!+ out of me. I don't know why they book me on these chicken $@!+ gigs! :skandal I'm a ***#%;! Oscar winner. :drama: I'm Cher, B$+ā‚¬#! :glamor: "

(ETA - okay so maybe that wasn't the all-star season, but the eventual all-star winner did a damn good Cher impersonation. Where did all of the Snatch-game brilliance go? I want to see it make a comeback)

Last edited:

Aceon6

Where did all of the Snatch-game brilliance go? I want to see it make a comeback)
I think it's just a sign of the times, good and bad. Drag is more accepted now, so queens can book a show without the promise/crutch of celebrity impersonation. I'm resigned to future snatch games being pale imitations of seasons 3-8. Only the older and smarter contestants will pull it off.

antmanb

I've only just in the last couple of years caught up on all the previous seasons of Drag Race and I think all the snatch games have been about 50/50. A couple or three stand outs in each season and couple or three total failures in each season. My favourite was season 4 with Chad Michael's Cher and Sharon Needle's Michelle Visage and to a lesser extent Latrice's Aretha Franklin who were great, but the car crash that went on at the same time of Jiggly, Phi-Phi and the small queen who's name I can't remember that did an awful Beyonce sort of balanced it out.

FiveRinger

I've only just in the last couple of years caught up on all the previous seasons of Drag Race and I think all the snatch games have been about 50/50. A couple or three stand outs in each season and couple or three total failures in each season. My favourite was season 4 with Chad Michael's Cher and Sharon Needle's Michelle Visage and to a lesser extent Latrice's Aretha Franklin who were great, but the car crash that went on at the same time of Jiggly, Phi-Phi and the small queen who's name I can't remember that did an awful Beyonce sort of balanced it out.
Gia Gunn's impression of Kim Kardashian has to be the worst in Drag Race his/herstory.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Apart from Chad's Cher, I also loved Tatiana's Britney Spears and Ginger Minj's Adele. Then there was Ben De La Creme doing a wonderful Maggie Smith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information