Really, part deux

Gerry

Well, she went in at 11 local time. Out of surgery at 1, into recovery. When she didn't wake up, they left her intubated and transferred her to ICU.

Where we still sit. It's 6 pm, and she isn't awake yet.

She is still intubated, her vitals look good, but the respirator is supporting her right now.

This happened last time too; the anesthesia really knocked her for a loop.

Patience, Gerry... Patience. The girl likes to sleep, remember?

Lizziebeth

Hi Gerry, just checked in and am happy to hear that the surgery went well. Anesthesia is the pits. Hope she wakes up soon and starts to feel better now that the stones are gone.

barbarafan

Well, she went in at 11 local time. Out of surgery at 1, into recovery. When she didn't wake up, they left her intubated and transferred her to ICU.

Where we still sit. It's 6 pm, and she isn't awake yet.

She is still intubated, her vitals look good, but the respirator is supporting her right now.

This happened last time too; the anesthesia really knocked her for a loop.

Patience, Gerry... Patience. The girl likes to sleep, remember?

The body does most of it's healing when we are asleep. She is missing out on some of the discomfort from the invasion. Hope tomorrow is smooth without any drama unless she feels like throwing something..that would be fine. Try to get some sleep.

NeilJLeonard

Thanks guys... Lee is going in for her (hopefully last) surgery in under an hour. They will be going in through Cystoscopy and cutting the stone up with a laser, then removing the pieces.

She is pensive; talking well this morning, but nervous about the day.

They just arrived to get her. Keep her in your thoughts. I'll post later.

:wideeyes::kickass::respec::watch:

Hoping for the best. She deserves it...:)

Gerry

Good morning... and it is!

Last night, Lee started to have some almost-awake moments (REM, facial reactions, squeezing my hand when I talked to her), and when I left I was a lot less concerned than the ICU staff... I've seen this before, in Neuro, and this was surgical ICU.

Lee was awake when I walked into ICU at 0730. Not looking happy that the airway was still in... but by 0900 she had passed the tests and they extubated her.

She has been cleaned up, spent time with an OT doing some stretching, and is having another nap. (Did I mention that the girl likes her sleep?).

Thanks for holding her in your thoughts.

Mayra

I'm convinced Lee just wants to get all these surgeries, infections and everything else that has happened out of the way while she is hospitalized, because when she goes home, she's just not going to look back(except to say thank you;)). Upwards and onwards progressing.

Keeping Lee, Gerry and family in my thoughts always.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information