Music you have been waiting for to be used for an entirely too long time

paskatefan

Re: Mulan instrumental music - didn't Shen & Zhao skate to it circa 1999/2000? I do remember the 1998 Mulan special (on ABC?) which featured Michelle accompanied by several other skaters (Mike Weiss, Philippe Candeloro, etc.). Michelle also skated to "Reflection" for her exhibition @ the 1998 Goodwill Games.

I was hoping Todd E. would skate to "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" from "Spamalot." I got my wish a few seasons back during the US SOI tour. :D I was also delighted that Keegan Messing skated to it competitively. :cheer2:When the Beatles' "Rain" Tribute was announced as a Disson show, I was hoping Todd would get to skate to "When I'm 64." I got my wish for that one, too!

Has anyone ever skated to Smetana's "The Moldau?"

bladesofgorey

Wuthering Heights.Kate Bush.I've absolutely no idea if it could be used in competition but even for an Exhibition would be fab!

LMAO I skated a show solo to this circa 1985 and it will always be my favorite program I ever had. There may have been some "Kate Bush in a field" arm action even.

edited to add: so I'd also really like to see someone skate to my second favorite song from one of my exhibition programs - The Cocteau Twins - "Pearly Dewdrops' Drops" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-5Xgw6d3h0

(yes, I was that rare creature in the 80s- a goth figure skater)

Last edited:

watchthis!!

Yeah, there's always that song you hear that you feel would work for a skating program. And then there's those programs in your heard where you wonder "When is this ever, ever going to get created?"

For starts, now that you can use vocals in singles skating, which ladies skater is going to finally step up and be "The Queen of the Night" for a short program?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpVV9jShEzU

Oh...so not Whitney Houston then? :(

ninalovesskating

The Fifty Shades Of Grey Soundtrack is actually incredible. I think it would be very fitting for Ice Dance or Pair Skating. If you don't like the movie, don't think about it. Just the soundtrack.

Seerek

For starts, now that you can use vocals in singles skating, which ladies skater is going to finally step up and be "The Queen of the Night" for a short program?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpVV9jShEzU

A competitive program to Florence Foster Jenkins' version could very well go viral...

But on a more serious note, I'm actually surprised Magic Flute never approached warhorse territory. Satoko had a nice short program from when she entered seniors, but that's about it for this Olympic cycle.

wickedwitch

The Fifty Shades Of Grey Soundtrack is actually incredible. I think it would be very fitting for Ice Dance or Pair Skating. If you don't like the movie, don't think about it. Just the soundtrack.
But its associated with the movie whether or not the skater likes it, which means there's a chance that the judges will be thinking about it.

paskatefan

^ Hasn't Michal Brezina skated to some of the Game of Thrones music (competitively speaking)?

Vagabond

1. Lesley Gore Songs (suitable for Elena Ilinykh or anyone other woman who has worked with Nikita Katsalapov and/or Nikolai Morozov)

2. Selections from Cabaret (suitable any female skater with an overbearing mother and/or an insufferable boyfriend)

3. Rehab (suitable for anyone competing when she should be off ice and healing)

4. It's Over (suitable for anyone who used to be competitive at the highest level but isn't any more)

5. Someday, Someway (suitable for a fan favorite who always gets robbed on PCS) :COP:

:whistle::sneaky:

Kecasyl

It's been used. Several skaters/teams have used it in the past few years:
Hawayek/Baker, James/Cipres, Hubbell/Donohue used "Earned It"
Ashley Wagner used "One Last Night" by the Vaults
Chock/Bates used "Haunted" by Beyonce
Cappellini/Lanotte used "Love Me Like You Do" by Ellie Goulding
Stolbova/Klimov, Mirai Nagasu, Cain/LeDuc all used "I Put a Spell On You" By Annie Lennox

Sylvia

TBD

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information