What song are you listening to?

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
1983 (A Merman I shall Turn To Be) by Jimi Hendrix. Has Hendrix on bass, multitracked guitars and vocals heavy on digital-delay, and Traffic alumni Chris Wood on flute. Incredible!

mariolemieux

George Michael vs Bruno Mars- Careless Heaven Mashup. Thy only mixed the + and - of each song, without any effects, and it's completely another thing

Nomad

Celebrity cheese-monger
Harp Boogie - Adele Girard Trio. The dancer is a silly, pointless addition, but Adele was freaking awesome. She played jazz on the harp for 70 years.

Nomad

Celebrity cheese-monger
I Thought about You - Teddy Grace with Bob Crosby & His Orchestra
Trivia: Bob was Bing's younger brother and IIRC, Teddy Grace replaced Doris Day as his vocalist because one of the guys in the band was sexually harassing Day, so she quit.

Susan1

Jesus Christ Superstar

I still have that album; nothing to play it on!

I just looked on the cable guide last night to see if that might be on. I saw it on t.v. a couple years ago on Easter night - TCM? It didn't have commercials. Wait - TBN? I forget. Anyway........that was the first time I'd seen it since we went to the movie when it first came out.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I've been listening to my album, Best of the Doobies. The album was first released in 1976 by Warner Brothers. I actually consider myself lucky enough to have purchased one of the first released batches of this album.

There was actually a defect with the first release of the album. The first three songs which are China Grove, Long Train Running and Takin' It To The Streets on side one had skips in them. I returned the album three different times, and each album had the same skips in all three songs.

I had purchased the album at Radio Shack in Mansfield, and knew the manager/owner that ran the store in Mansfield. Several people had returned the album because of the skips, and that's when it was discovered that all the albums in that first release had the skips in the first three songs.

Listen To The Music, Black Water and Rockin' Down The Highway were okay without any skips. Because of the skips, I only played the album a few times. That ended up being good in a way because there are no scratches on the album now when I play it.

I believe because of the skips being in the first released albums that I may actually have a collectors album now which is fine with me. LOL!

One of my favorites songs from that album and it has no skips is Black Water.

Cachoo

Opening Credits; https://youtu.be/rF_1iPFr6Dw Big Little Lies---AWESOME mini-series with an AWESOME soundtrack....cannot recommend this enough...
Music from the HBO Limited Series BIG LITTLE LIES:

1. Michael Kiwanuka: “Cold Little Heart”
2. Charles Bradley: “Victim of Love”
3. Martha Wainwright: “Bloody Mother ****ing Asshole”
4. Leon Bridges: “River”
5. Kinny: “Queen of Boredness” [ft. Diesler]
6. Agnes Obel: “September Song”
7. Alabama Shakes: “This Feeling”
8. Charles Bradley: “Changes”
9. Irma Thomas: “Straight From the Heart”
10. Villagers: “Nothing Arrived” (Live From Spotify London)
11. Zoë Kravitz: “Don’t”
12. Conor O’Brien: “The Wonder of You”
13. Daniel Agee: “How’s the World Treating You”
14. Ituana: “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”

Last edited:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Just had to listen to this song today. It was one of my mom's favorite songs. Today was my mom's birthday. She passed away April 7th, 1987 and just missed her 53rd birthday. It's been 30 years since she passed away, and she would be 83 years old if she were here today.

My mom loved Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney, and she fell in love with this song when it first came out in 1982.

Ebony & Ivory.

Happy Birthday in Heaven, Mom! I love you! <3

PeterG

If the song of last summer was Justin Timberlake's "Can't Stop The Feeling", then I'd like to see radio support this song to be the pick for this summer:

Alex Newell - Keep It Moving

I could just listen to it over and over and over...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information