Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread

Fairuza

Well he does it to himself by dropping a couple World titles to Fernandez; a total joke! He's not on the same planet! Winning all those Europeans proves my points! Surya Bonaly got little respect from the FS masses, but still won 5 of them! :rolleyes: :respec:

Sorry, who won the Europeans and who's not on the same planet?

Fiero425

Sorry, who won the Europeans and who's not on the same planet?

I'm speaking of Fernandez in the past with 5 titles he's won! Hanyu should always be the favorite, but he has lost thru his own mistakes; not like Fernandez who's not on the same planet IMO! That World FS Chp. was the best I'd seen in years; esp. with Hanyu coming back from 5th place! That just doesn't happen! He's great! Plushenko still my all time fave! The question is will he come out of retirement again to save the Russian men's bacon? :rolleyes: :puppet: :rofl:

Fairuza

I'm speaking of Fernandez in the past with 5 titles he's won! Hanyu should always be the favorite, but he has lost thru his own mistakes; not like Fernandez who's not on the same planet IMO! That World FS Chp. was the best I'd seen in years; esp. with Hanyu coming back from 5th place! That just doesn't happen! He's great! Plushenko still my all time fave! The question is will he come out of retirement again to save the Russian men's bacon? :rolleyes: :puppet: :rofl:

Hanyu was coming off an injury in 2015 and was injured in 2016 during the Worlds. His underperforming at both worlds is understandable.
Plushenko has retired. For good.

Meoima

Nowadays people care that European exists?
Honestly 5 time European champions doesn't even mean much these days. Especially with the low level of the European men in general.
And yes, Javi being off podium at both biggest competitions of the season (GOF and WC) means he's on a different planet.
NHK 2014 aside (when he skated with a traumatic mental and 5 injuries on his body), it's only Yuzuru who has been 1st or 2nd in every competition he has entered this quad.

Last edited:

Meoima

Last edited:

Meoima

This sounds so cute: https://twitter.com/hanyuyuzuko21/status/856066544685555712

Yuzuru fixed Zhenia's hair before the finale.

Marin from Golden skate forum said:
----
My friend who was there told me they were waiting finale at the back row and her hair (Zhenia) looked messy, so he (Yuzuru) took her hair and put them on place nicely..
hahaha... now I get why zhenia fell during finale and later so many times... I haven't seen her falling so much whole season

Meoima

This sounds so cute: https://twitter.com/hanyuyuzuko21/status/856066544685555712

Yuzuru fixed Zhenia's hair before the finale.

Marin from Golden skate forum said:
----
My friend who was there told me they were waiting finale at the back row and her hair (Zhenia) looked messy, so he (Yuzuru) took her hair and put them on place nicely..
hahaha... now I get why zhenia fell during finale and later so many times... I haven't seen her falling so much whole season
The gif of that scene https://media.giphy.com/media/ibDV5cj5q7e9i/giphy.gif

GreatLakesGal

The Prince has so many talents LOL! To cute for words!

Wow is Yuzu planning on putting in a 4L next season?

Thanks for all the updates :)

More likely a 5 quad FS than a 4L. He does suffer from asthma though so that may also factor into his decision as to how many quads to include.

Fiero425

More likely a 5 quad FS than a 4L. He does suffer from asthma though so that may also factor into his decision as to how many quads to include.

After all this time I'm still surprised there was no commentary on the high altitude in Finland so I think the guys performed admirable in spite of the thin air! Back in '99 a big "to do" was made how both Yagudin and Plushenko took their time during performances! There wasn't any of that reckless abandon we seem to have all over the competitions now a days! I know just 2 years ago, 3-5 Quad performances by the guys was out of the question! :biggrinbo :slinkaway :yikes:

Meoima

I think Yuzuru hasn't decided yet. He has the whole summer to practice new layout. We know that he has been practicing 5 quads layout in CC for quite a while now. So the biggest question is will he do 4lz. That we will know by August I think.

His latest interview: https://mobile.twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/857824134226731008

"I feel my efforts weren't in vain this season. It was a difficult season for me in some ways, but I was able to get results in the end... There are some things I'd like to try (next season), and I'm going to skate, unleashing my skating instincts." - Yuzuru Hanyu

GreatLakesGal

I just can't see him adding a brand new quad during Olympic season. If he were younger and more reckless, I could see him considering that. But he's older and wiser now and I think he realizes how important going clean is going to be next year. Yes, he did get the result he was after this season--finally winning Worlds again. But he also came soooooo close to losing it again too.

DDNatalia

Anyone know what his endorsements are at this time? I've always been kind of amazed that he has not anchored his own show in Japan. It would obviously sell out in a blink of an eye. I recall in the past some major hotel lines in Japan have sponsored skaters and provided a corporate base from which to host and plan shows.

Meoima

Anyone know what his endorsements are at this time? I've always been kind of amazed that he has not anchored his own show in Japan. It would obviously sell out in a blink of an eye. I recall in the past some major hotel lines in Japan have sponsored skaters and provided a corporate base from which to host and plan shows.
Yuzuru only has one major Sponsor that is ANA arline. He doesn't seem to be interested in doing some shows on his own at the time. I think he is more focusing on his practice for Olympic season.

Last edited:

Meoima

I just can't see him adding a brand new quad during Olympic season. If he were younger and more reckless, I could see him considering that. But he's older and wiser now and I think he realizes how important going clean is going to be next year. Yes, he did get the result he was after this season--finally winning Worlds again. But he also came soooooo close to losing it again too.
Yuzuru doesn't practice anything for nothing. If he practices the 4lz, surely he has some thought of putting it in competition. For now he is still training and he hasn't decided anything. That's all.

Fiero425

Yuzuru doesn't practice anything for nothing. If he practices the 4lz, surely he has some thought of putting it in competition. For now he is still training and he hasn't decided anything. That's all.

I just don't think it's necessary; Yuzuru's component scores so far ahead of others, he doesn't need to abuse his body practicing the 4Ltz since his 4Lp is so consistent & reliable! Have they done something to extend the life of blades? These are unprecedented times where people used to whine about the wear and tear of completing 1 quad; now that's common place in the SP of the worst skaters! How times have changed with Goebel like mediocrity of Tim Goebel's 3 Quads in SLC LP in '02 OG's! :rolleyes: :respec: :saint: :yikes:

Meoima

I just don't think it's necessary; Yuzuru's component scores so far ahead of others, he doesn't need to abuse his body practicing the 4Ltz since his 4Lp is so consistent & reliable! Have they done something to extend the life of blades? These are unprecedented times where people used to whine about the wear and tear of completing 1 quad; now that's common place in the SP of the worst skaters! How times have changed with Goebel like mediocrity of Tim Goebel's 3 Quads in SLC LP in '02 OG's! :rolleyes: :respec: :saint: :yikes:
Well he even tries the 4A... of course he will be cautious about his body. But I think he will want to push the limit.

Fairuza

The vibrant and dynamic Fan Fest in www.goldenskate.com managed to get itself closed today after the active members protested against Orwellian set of rules which made free communication of feelings and ideas impossible. So there's nothing for us left to do but leave the nearly 5000 page long thread, but we hope to be able to save translations and materials and certain fan contributions somewhere else and continue the hard work we've been doing there.

The bunch of banned and nearly banned activists are looking for ways to create our own platform to keep the spirit of fun and dedication to our favourite athlete. Meanwhile, should any confused Hanyu fan stray in here, just PM me where we can be found.

GreatLakesGal

I haven't been to Goldenskate since that "World Record" nonsense. But I've been uncomfortable there for some time, not just because of the obvious discrimination against Hanyu fans but also because of the way entire threads just "disappear" with no explanation--e.g., the recent one critical of The Skating Lesson. It's become very creepy, very Orwellian. Anyone know who owns that site?

Meoima

I can't believe the mod at Golden Skate just deleted 5000 pages of fan thread just because they dislike some actions of several Yuzuru's fans. How about the whole crazy number of Yuzuru's fans who never ever make any offensive comments to the admins and just happily read the thread?

Oh my lord. I am glad I already chose FSuniverse in the first place.

Last edited:

Fairuza

Things are going worse over GS - apparently they just deleted the whole Yuzuru Hanyu Fan Fest. All the 4700 plus pages of its six year span history.
It's 1984 all right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information