Really, part deux

Gerry

Praying for you guys and @Gerry I finally got a date for my first surgery the total colectomy with permanent ileostomy- next Friday. Lee will have another #ostomare friend!
Good for you! Her doc told us that most people, by the time they get to total colectomy, experience an overall decrease in pain, even counting discomfort from the surgery. Certainly, Lee was busy recovering from the surgery fairly soon, even considering her greatly compromised condition going in.

As long as you don't get an infection, you should be fine.

Mozart

I've got 99 problems but a colon ain't 1
gosh just catching up, hope things are getting sorted for Lee. What a journey you are having Gerry - hope your work is considerate of all of this as can't be easy. Sending positive thoughts

No worries other than the usual surgical fears. My Crohn's is actually not too bad at the moment and I'm having the surgery (and proctectomy later which will remove the fistula tracts) because I have 3 nasty irreparable fistulas which are extremely painful, annoying and put me at high risk of infections, etc. I'm expecting a huge increase in the quality of my life just from not having to deal with these #$@ fistulas lol

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Sending tons of good vibes and love ♥♥♥ I have no words to express how deep are my thoughts and understanding. I have been there for what was a very short while compared to Lee, after an accident that badly damaged my head. I'm with her all the way and with you too ! One step at a time, but keep fighting. Give her all my love and thoughts.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Glad to hear you got the card from Helsinki Gerry, we filled it out at the lovely FSU gathering, it was nice to think of Lee at the event. I'm really hoping Montreal gets Worlds in a few years and you an Lee can both come, that would be great. Always sending positive thoughts, I was in the hospital most of the week with my mom so can appreciate how tough it must be for you having to endure it for months. Best wishes x

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Today I was in Estonia and our tour guide to us to a wonderful Russian Orthodox Church. Because they have active services, almost the entire day, I wasn't able to take pictures. Even though the service was in Russian and I couldn't understand a word, I lifted up a prayer for you both.

Gerry

Hi there, Skatefans...

Lee got progressively better last week, and was talking with the kids on the weekend and looking great!

(You get the feeling there is a "but" in this story?)

(Like everything else has gone according to plan?)

Sunday night, her white cell count started climbing, and they did a dyeCT on Monday morning... found a large stone (calculus) blocking her ureter, causing an infection and stressing her kidney. Monday night she had surgery (cystoscopy) to place a shunt around it to drain the kidney and the infection... everything went well, but she had a tough night and today has been a recovery day. Lots of rest, not feeling very good.

The bad part is, she is back on the antibiotics, she is having trouble swallowing and speaking again, she feels distressed, and she has another drain in her.

The good part is, this might be the source of the recurring infection.

Any way, a few days to drain and treat with antibiotics, then another surgery to deal with the stone, and maybe... just maybe...

As always, thanks for all the kind words and thoughts... I don't always respond, but i do let her know what you have said. We are both grateful for the support.

More to come...

mag

Two steps forward, one step back, although I imagine it often feels it is going the opposite way. Hang in there! When my dd was quite young we were going through a very rough time. One day in the car I was on the verge of tears. A little voice in the back seat piped up "You can do it, mommy!!" Well that did make me cry, but it also gave me strength. So Gerry and Lee, you can do it!!

peibeck

Simply looking
Yikes, kidney stones suck, I've had one and it was awful as ****. Please investigate if they have to do surgery, or if they can use ultrasound to break the stone up.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you both!!!

Jayar

Does anybody have a tally of how many days @Lee has been in the hospital, and how many surgeries she has had to date?

@Gerry, please continue to send her my love. I miss her presence here, and I think about her every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information