This or That - Round 42

ilovepaydays

NO :lol:

Back to track & field - 100H Olympic Champion Brianna Rollins has just been suspended because she missed three drug tests (1 in April, 2 in September) in 2016. The 1 year suspension begins effective on 12/19/16 which is the date USADA formally notified her of her violations. Is this fair?

YES - The suspension effective December is fair - it means that Brianna will have to miss basically the entire 2017 season and the U.S. and World Championships. Not to mention the $$$$ - her sponsor (Nike) may end up dropping her because she will miss too many meets.
or
NO - Her suspension should have been effective from the first missed test in April. Which means that her result in Rio should be forfeited.
or
NO - Her suspension should be longer than 1 year.
or
NO - Who cares that she missed two drug tests in September? The season was over anyway.

Last edited:

gk_891

I'd normally say no given that she's in the twilight of her career. But being that it's Serena Williams, I wouldn't count her out.

Maria Sharapova is due to make a return to the tour later this season. When she does come back, will she be a contender for the major titles?

Yes or No

ilovepaydays

????

How can they shut it down?

Hope this explains it -

The federal government hasn't passed FY17 appropriation yet - they only passed a continuing resolution of FY16 levels until 04/28/17, which is this Friday. If additional funding (either FY funding or another short term CR) isn't passed, all nonessential functions will legally have to close until funding is passed. This happened in October 2013 and latest a little over 2 weeks.

Winnipeg

Hope this explains it -

The federal government hasn't passed FY17 appropriation yet - they only passed a continuing resolution of FY16 levels until 04/28/17, which is this Friday. If additional funding (either FY funding or another short term CR) isn't passed, all nonessential functions will legally have to close until funding is passed. This happened in October 2013 and latest a little over 2 weeks.

Thanks, that explains it completely!

gk_891

Sure, why not. YAY. But I'm not so sure it would do so well in terms of boxoffice. She hasn't been very relevant for a while now.

Maria Sharapova has been living in the U.S since 1994. Should she be considered an American, with or without actual citizenship?

Yes or No

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information