DWTS Season 24

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Glad Erika is gone. Didn't like her from the minute she opened her mouth. Yea, its a dancing show, but your attitude also plays into how well you will hit it off with the audience, and she lost me from Day 1.

Same here. Wouldn't have wanted her to shuck out $$$ for a new Lamborghini for winning, anyways. :duh: The impression I got was she came in expecting to be a front runner and had a rude awakening when she was not. The last few weeks she seemed very closed off from everything and seemed to have a lot of bitchy thoughts running through her mind. Perhaps none of that was true, but it's the impression I had.

Donny is 59 for those who were wondering. I checked Wikipedia last night because I was wondering myself :lol:

Right now I'm seeing a final 4 of Simone, Normani, Nancy, and Rashad. Heather is doing nothing for me considering she's made a living being a dancer. It's been nice having Alan for awhile, though I feel like they've been trying to hide him in the packages a bit considering he's not her original partner.

quartz

scratching at the light
I missed the first part of the show, but saw my favorites, Nancy, Simone, and Normani. Loved the Mulan number, and having Donny sing was a big thrill for me. My daughter and I just watched Mulan on Easter Sunday, my favorite Disney animated movie. And "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is my absolute favorite Disney song ever - so Yaaaay!!

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Nancy has been really impressive. She could be the quiet spoiler to Simone and Rashad, who look to be possible Final 2.

Rashad didn't impress me at all last night. And I like Normani's & Nancy's dancing much better than Simone's. Simone hits all the steps but she's so short that her leg line just isn't doing it for me. My favs are Nancy, Normani, the baseball player, & until last night Rashad. But I like pretty much everyone who is left except the bachelor.

Susan1

Dance experts? Can you explain "jazz"? I thought it was more "snappy". I can't even remember who did what now, but they were slow, more "floaty" (excuse all the technical <ha ha ha> words!) and soft. I know the band butchers songs to fit the dance, but why would they even do slow, romantic songs to a jazz dance. If anything they could jazz up (i.e. butcher) a romantic song. I'm sure there are more jazzy Disney songs.

screech

I actually thought Heather's dance was pretty cute. Though the lift she was nervous about looks like a lift that's been done a million times before. There could have been a hell of a lot more choreography, though (which thankfully Heather recognized and wasn't shy about saying).

Loved Simone and Sasha. IMO her best dance. She was spectacular. Maks said that with just a girl dancing he had to make Heather the focus but somehow get Alan in there. Sasha was so much more successful with giving Simone almost a lot of solo work, but him still supporting her. I absolutely loved it (should have had straight 10s IMO). Normani and Val were spectacular as well. I found theres a bit was focused too much on the martial arts, though it was brilliant.

My least favourite thing about Disney night is the animation. It's so damn bad and annoys me. My favourite thing is that there is less singing from the band and more of the actual songs.

One thing I wondered this week - where's Jenna? She doesn't have a star this year, but I haven't seen her mugging for the camera in the troupe either.

Last edited:

skatfan

One thing I wondered this week - where's Jenna? She doesn't have a star this year, but I haven't seen her mugging for the camera in the troupe either.
I thought I saw her last night-maybe
she's finally toned down the mugging to blend in more

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I thought I saw her last night-maybe
she's finally toned down the mugging to blend in more

She's not in the troupe this season. I've seen her a couple of times in the audience. She posted on her social media that she was taking the season off.

screech

Nancy has a rough dance this week: Paso Doble to Free Your Mind by En Vogue. She may do quite well, but when I hear the name of that song, my mind automatically goes to Mel B and Maks' iconic dance to that song. So well done that it was recreated in a future season (forget which one) when all teams had to recreate an iconic dance.

Also, Nick Carter will be a guest judge (I think they're actually doing 5 judges! Unless Julianne isn't there because of her tour). Nick was an ok dancer, but if they were going to have a boy/girl band contestant act as the guest judge to fit the theme, I would have gone with Drew Lachey, or Mel B.

Peter_K

Oops. Hit "post" by mistake.

But wouldn't it have been a hoot if Erika actually won and had to cough up a Lamborghini. :)

Is it me or have all the celebrities getting booted so far been given a kid glove treatment on the episodes in which they were eliminated? It almost seems like they know ahead of time they're going.

Last edited:

screech

Oops. Hit "post" by mistake.

But wouldn't it have been a hoot if Erika actually won and had to cough up a Lamborghini. :)

Is it me or have all the celebrities getting booted so far been given a kid glove treatment on the episodes in which they were eliminated? It almost seems like they know ahead of time they're going.
I remember Robert Herjavec saying something similar to Kym - he'd buy her a car if they won. Well...

I wouldn't be surprised if the judges have some indication of who is leaving. Or at least know who is in jeopardy. They always seem to tack on the "if you're here next week" to key people when giving feedback. At the very least, I bet Len has some knowledge.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I wonder if it works like AI used to... by the 3rd week, production sees who's consistently in the bottom half and instructs the judges to either pump them up to keep them, or criticize them in a way that leads to their exit.

Also, by week 3, some of the pros may be so fed up with their celebs that they BEG production to give them crappy music and a dance that's sure to lead to lower votes.

jkl

Another good dance from Nancy. She and Artem got a 33 for their Paso Doble.

meggonzo

Banned Member
I didn't think this was Nancy's best dance. She was a bit tense at the beginning, but I thought she got it back in the end. I would have liked to see her be able to do paso doble to a different song.

Debbie S

Normani *was* pretty awesome, though. ;)

Heather danced that very well, but she just doesn't do anything for me. Meh, all 10s, whatever.

I hope Alan gets promoted to pro next season.

quartz

scratching at the light
I've only really liked Normani so far tonight. Nancy was okay, but definitely not her best. The baseball guy tried really hard and I like his personality. Not getting the love for Heather. Yes, she can move, but it's like she is just doing the motions and steps taught to her, but she isn't feeling any of it emotionally. She's really not shown much in the way of personality, and half the time I don't even remember her name.

meggonzo

Banned Member
Whoa, I thought it would be Bonner or Nick going tonight. So one of Heather, Simone, Normani, and Nancy is going to be eliminated?? :eek:

meggonzo

Banned Member
I figured it would be between Nancy and Heather, but thought Heather would stay after the perfect score. I guess she must not be getting a lot of votes. I hope Nancy will still be around for awhile!

Debbie S

I'm surprised b/c Maks usually has an army of dedicated fans who vote like crazy. But with him out for the past few weeks, his ubers probably didn't turn out in their usual numbers. Glad Nancy gets to stay and hope she doesn't go next week. It's time for Nick to go.

Desperado

After Heather & Maks' great dance tonight, I'm really sorry to see them go. Carry-Ann was right, there was a sparkle from Maks tonight that hadn't seen in a long time.

Plus I can't stand Nick so bummed.

BaileyCatts

Nancy coming up on Nightline in 5 minutes if anyone on the East Coast is up watching TV/reading FSU (instead of going to bed like I should be doing). Looks like its the main story, and they'll be talking about .... well, you know. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information